Alonso - Alonso the spanish vieira

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby matrix » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:38 am

im verry happy that alonso looks to be heading to liverpool on friday benitez thinks this is the man to change things at liverpool but please tell me want you think.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:40 am

Yeah seems a very good signing.. hopefully if he can form a partnership in mid with stevie, then we will be looking pretty fierce in the middle :)

by the way.. i see xabi as more of a spanish stevie G... since he is also capable of 30 yard screamers... ask Rafa... xabi scored a peach against Valencia last season :)
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:59 am

I agree with you, but did u have to start a new thread, don't take this personally or nuthin, but next time post on an existing thread, if you look back a page or 2 there are Alonso threads already.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:47 am

Code: Select all
Clue to Alonso joining Liverpool?

Real Sociedad coach Jose Maria Amorrortu has left Liverpool target Xabi Alonso out of his squad for this evening's friendly against Basque rivals Osasuna.
The decision will only increase speculation that a deal to take the Spanish international midfielder to Anfield is imminent.

Alonso is not included in the 16-man squad Amorrortu is taking to Irun, a town on the France-Spain border, where the friendly is to be played.

He has been replaced by Mikel Aranburu, who missed out of the Basque side's trip to England, where they played Liverpool's city rivals Everton last weekend in a match watched by Rafael Benitez, who took the reins at Anfield in the summer.

The Basque club have admitted contact with Liverpool over the player, while the Merseyside club are thought to be offering around £10-12million for his services.

Alonso, who earned his first international cap for Spain last year, played for his country in this summer's European Championships.

The decision could be due to Real's desire to avoid Alonso getting injured with talks at a critical moment, but it may not be quite that simple.  

Good sign he is leaving the club? But how sure to Liverpool?
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:16 am

start talking about premiership title for us after alonso seal the move,wouldn't you all?
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby laza » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:26 am

Just wish it all come to a conclusion considering the season starts this weekend it doesnt leave much time for settling in
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:18 am

I don't know much about him, but I'm looking forward to seeing him play.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby tel » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:56 am

Good player. But I was hoping Rafa would be targeting Baraja who I rate more highly even than Viera.

Alonso will help Stevie get fwd more often. He'll also get fwd more often than Hamman does.
tel

Postby ckay » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:26 am

Great news, i hope he signs!!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:34 am

Why are players always the spanish viera, the latvian owen, the swedish beckham ???? ?????

The lad is pure quality, and would have gone to Madrid if he had been a bigger name. Real's policy of trying to sign the biggest names rather than the best players means they have chosen to go for Vierra instead of alonso this season.

Their loss will be our gain, and I cant wait to see him and Stevie G rip the heart out of Lampard, Pires, Giggs, Llungberg, Makelele, Fletcher and any other half baked midfield.

The two will be awesome.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:42 am

JUST HOPE HE WILL ADAPT TO THE PREM QUICKLY AND THEN WE CAN LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING HIM AND STEVIE GETTING THERE PARTNERSHIP GOING
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:02 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:Why are players always the spanish viera, the latvian owen, the swedish beckham ???? ?????

Things like that are silly, labeling never helps. He's the spanish Alonso :p
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:07 am

The worst label was 'the croatian Zidane'  :D  :D

On topic, it seems like he could be coming here but I learnt long ago that nothing is ever certain in football.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Kipper » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:42 am

I reckon if Alonso does come, it will spell the end for Hamann, not that that`s a bad thing.

Not sure if Hamann would settle for a place on the bench, and with Bayern apparently looking to off load Hargreaves he would prove a cheap replacement for them.
Kipper

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:53 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:Why are players always the spanish viera, the latvian owen, the swedish beckham ???? ?????

The lad is pure quality, and would have gone to Madrid if he had been a bigger name. Real's policy of trying to sign the biggest names rather than the best players means they have chosen to go for Vierra instead of alonso this season.

Their loss will be our gain, and I cant wait to see him and Stevie G rip the heart out of Lampard, Pires, Giggs, Llungberg, Makelele, Fletcher and any other half baked midfield.

The two will be awesome.

good post Leon, spot on.
alsonso and Gerrard will be the best central midfield pairing in the prem.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion