Mascherano and alonso wanted by spanish giants - If it came down to losing one...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Mascherano and alonso wanted by spanish giants - If it came down to losing one...

Mascherano to Barcelona
59%
Alonso to Madrid
41%

Total votes : 78

Postby ElNino9 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:34 pm

I think id rather let Alonso go to Madrid. Mascherano is vital to the team. Take for example the Arsenal game, we drew 4-4. Masch was put into a more attacking role coz Gerrard was out injured and we conceded 4. As far as i can remember every game we played Masch in a defensive role we never conceded 4. Alonso relies simply on his passes, i don't see him get forwards as much as he used to and score goals, he only scored about 4 in the prem last season. Both Alonso and Masch play as CDM's yet it's always Masch making important tackles. When Alonso can't get his passes right he has nothing ese to offer to open up teams. I think we should sell him and change to a 4-1-3-2 formation. Buy Negredo for £15m to partner Torres and then buy maybe Silva for the left wing that can open up games for £20m. We wouldn't miss Alonso.
ElNino9

Postby roberto green » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:39 pm

ElNino9 wrote:As far as i can remember every game we played Masch in a defensive role we never conceded 4.

:D
roberto green

Postby ElNino9 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:12 pm

Liverpool Tell Mascherano: You're Staying - Report

The Argentine midfielder has apparently had his future forcefully spelled out to him...

14 Jul 2009 16:28:48

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez will tell Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano that he will not be allowed to leave Anfield when the team reconvene for their pre-season preparations this week.

Rumours that the player was seeking a move gathered pace over the weekend, with a Daily Mail report on Sunday suggesting that the Reds were about to offer him a lucrative new contract, tripling his current wages, in order to tempt him to stay.

His wife was reported to be unhappy in England, and Barcelona were apparently lurking with intent, hoping to tempt the anchorman with the prospect of a move to Catalunya.

A report in today's Liverpool Echo, though, intimates that he will be told that he has no option but to stay on Merseyside, with Benitez informing reporters that both Mascherano and Xabi Alonso "owed" the club for the part it had played in reigniting their respective careers.

The report also states that there are no plans to offer the player an improved deal, as he is only 18 months into the four-year contract he was awarded in February 2008.

Benitez is believed to be hoping to motivate the player to stay with the prospect of glory at Anfield, and an offer of a new contract will only be forthcoming once he has affirmed his loyalty to the Reds once again.

Zack Wilson, Goal.com

http://www.goal.com/en....-report
ElNino9

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:33 pm

Now that it looks like Xabi is a goner we have to fight tooth an nail to keep Javier ,Losing one of them is gutting enough as it is but to lose them both . i honestly cant see us being able to compete,

Javier lad tell your mrs to get her ar.se back to Liverpool, fecking sharpish, other wise youll stop her shoe an bag money, she will shi,t her self :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:44 pm

ElNino9 wrote:Liverpool Tell Mascherano: You're Staying - Report

The Argentine midfielder has apparently had his future forcefully spelled out to him...

14 Jul 2009 16:28:48

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez will tell Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano that he will not be allowed to leave Anfield when the team reconvene for their pre-season preparations this week.

Rumours that the player was seeking a move gathered pace over the weekend, with a Daily Mail report on Sunday suggesting that the Reds were about to offer him a lucrative new contract, tripling his current wages, in order to tempt him to stay.

His wife was reported to be unhappy in England, and Barcelona were apparently lurking with intent, hoping to tempt the anchorman with the prospect of a move to Catalunya.

A report in today's Liverpool Echo, though, intimates that he will be told that he has no option but to stay on Merseyside, with Benitez informing reporters that both Mascherano and Xabi Alonso "owed" the club for the part it had played in reigniting their respective careers.

The report also states that there are no plans to offer the player an improved deal, as he is only 18 months into the four-year contract he was awarded in February 2008.

Benitez is believed to be hoping to motivate the player to stay with the prospect of glory at Anfield, and an offer of a new contract will only be forthcoming once he has affirmed his loyalty to the Reds once again.

Zack Wilson, Goal.com

http://www.goal.com/en....-report

Already posted that a page back.

What's up with that blue font mate? You trying to say something on the sly?  ???  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:44 am

Ben Patrick wrote:To me Rafa's handling of Masher and Alonso over the last year or so clearly show which one he rates as more important to the team/squad.
Not for sale at any price he has said about Mascherano, but with Xabi it appears as if its more about getting as much as possible.

Maybe he thinks that the spaniard is easier to replace.

Or is it because of the supposed rift from last season ?

Either way he appears to favour the argentine staying without doubt.

It does have me a little puzzled that one as there does seem to be a little more inclination to sell Alonso ahead of Masch. Just going by the virility with which he dismissed the Masch reports implies as much, although I could be reading too much into it. If it is the case then I should think it's probably due to the fee Alonso could command. I think he'd find it harder to turn down a £30m+ offer when that kind of money probably won't come around again, for a player who might have left for under £18m or whatever it was last summer. That could be tied to our apparent lack of funds too, £30m+ is very a appealing sum that could go some way to easing our budgetary constraints - he may have targets in mind he feels frustrated at being unable to attract. I don't think he'll sanction a deal for less than that though, and on balance it wouldn't be worth it, in my view at least.
LFC2007

Postby ElNino9 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:22 pm

Dirk Kuyt Hopes Liverpool Can Hang Onto Javier Mascherano & Xabi Alonso

The Dutchman is wishing that Rafa Benitez can keep the club's greatest assets together...

20 Jul 2009 14:43:41

Key Liverpool duo Javier Mascherano and Xabi Alonso, respective targets for Barcelona and Real Madrid, played pivotal roles in the club's success last season, and tireless forward Dirk Kuyt explained today that it is great to have the pair back with the squad in time for pre-season training.

Alonso had, earlier this week, intimated his pride at being a prominent member of Real Madrid's wishlist, as the Spanish giants hone in on further Galactico recruitments following the mega-money acquisitions of Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema, and Kaka.

The Reds' ambiguous financial future - with parent company Kop Holdings Ltd's fiscal numbers reportedly dwindling - it has been speculated that at least one of the two will be sold, and Mascherano crops up on Barcelona's wishlist, too.

However, Dirk Kuyt today explained to the Liverpool Echo that, “It’s really good to have them back and it’s good to see all the other lads also.
“We have a very good team which we showed last year and now we want to improve in the coming season and hopefully we can do that,” he concluded.

Alonso was close to a move last summer, where Arsenal allegedly attempted to prise the deep-lying playmaker away from Anfield for a cut-price £15 million fee. The Spaniard is now likely to fetch £30 million.
ElNino9

Postby red187 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:54 am

This is being reported on the Sky Sports website:

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano is keen to secure a move to Spain as he has grown 'tired of life in England', according to his agent.

The Argentina international is a reported target of Real Madrid and Barcelona, but the enforcer remains part of Reds manager Rafa Benitez's plans.

However, Mascherano's representative, Walter Tamer, has claimed the 25-year-old has grown unsettled in the Premier League and is eager to move abroad.

Tamer is quoted by Infobae.com as saying: "Barcelona is the easiest deal to set up as Javier wants to go to Spain. He is tired of life in England.

"His wife has not been given a permanent visa. She has to go through an odyssey each time she wants to go.

"Liverpool refuse to sell, this can be overcome with an extraordinary offer."
red187

Postby Sabre » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:06 am

Whatever the agents say, the real quotes of their minds are "I get no less than one million pounds with a big move like this, my pocket has little memory and doesn't remember that the last club that gave 1 million pounds was Liverpool, so I'll do everything in my hand to provoke a move".

Certainly it's the way Ibañez operates, we know very well that cúnt in San Sebastian.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:07 am

players should be fined for what their agents say... would teach them a lesson an all... surely players have control over their agents and would tell them not to go public with such BS....
all this agent talk does the club no good and id much rather any potential transfer talk is done in private anyways....
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:33 am

Apparently its Mascherano's wife that wants to leave ... always the bloody women  :angry:
Fauxy

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:11 pm

:censored: bitch.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:16 pm

bavlondon wrote: :censored: bitch.

:no

wrong
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:28 pm

Oh yes I forgot it's not official yet. Sorry GYBS. :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sixbuster » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Its not the woman ...if a player wants to go its an easy way for the agents to kick start speculation...use the wife not being able to settle
Forever a red
sixbuster

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion