Gerrard to have op - out for 2 weeks (atleast) - How would you setup formations now?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rush Job » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:45 am

Owzat wrote:
peewee wrote:
Owzat wrote:Timing could have been better, with the four easier games just gone and a few testers on the way. I think we may revert to just Torres up front and bring in Mascherano and Lucas, something like ruskiy playmaker's midfield & attack line-up.

I think Keane did enough last night to convince me his transfer fee shouldn't guarantee him a place even on the bench. Turning point of the game? El Zhar coming on

and he came on and played on the right mate and he changed the game, that should tell you how ineffective the right was before he came on. i think the lad deserves a spell in the team

:sleep

And decision of the match was not to take Kuyt off  :rasp

In a tight game Rafa will never take Kuyt off because he does his best work and is most effective when the oppo start to tire, this is why he gets goals and late goals in Europe agaist sides not used to playing at a high tempo for 90 or more minutes.
He`s powered by one durocell one eveready a plate of spinage,50 bananas and Rafa sends him out with inching powder in his favourate pair of his misses knickers, what you might call dead cert pantys.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:50 am

Scottbot wrote:This is isn't the exact team i'd look to play but bearing in mind that Rafa will stick with the likes of Kuyt and Arbeloa it's the team i'd like to see. Give Torres back his freedom and afford Keane the same luxury to roam. Start Babel, he looked very rusty (that's being polite). Aurelio needs a run of games and must play on the left.   

Reina

Arbeloa       Carra       Agger       Aurelio

Mascherano     Alonso

Kuyt                Keane               Babel

Torres

Yup, thats clearly IMO our best side and system. :) Mybe go with Sami though there will be alot of high balls to deal with, notice how SG was dropping back to win some headers in midweek? Like most of the ones from the keepers punt, Masch and Alonso arent great headers of the ball so ireckon we`ll need Sami.
But apart from that its clearly our best side. :D
Last edited by Rush Job on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:26 am

Apparantly FCapello is upset with us and Utd for withdrawing Gerrard and Hargreaves for the upcoming England games. Feck of kno.b head!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:43 am

Capello should be confident of beating andorra without gerrard , lets see how much he misses gerrard in the middle of the park when he's injured but when's he's fit he throws him on the left . :no
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:44 am

Ciggy wrote:Hes having the op when the international break is so he will miss Englands games not ours.

Some tw@t reporter on SSN now saying how dare Liverpool choose for him to miss the England games  ???

Feck off kunthook.

Actually there is no guarantee he will recover in time for the Man Utd game on the 13th.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:46 am

Whether he's half fit or not , you can bet your house on him playing against manu .
Last edited by Toffeehater on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:37 pm

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: This Villa fans not happy Gerrards missing the England game  :laugh:

I'm very pleased he's missing on Sunday but equally I'm feckin fuming and livid at the timing of the operation and just goes to show what happens when you have a foreign manager - especially an arrogant and incompetent fat :censored: like Benitez.

That Croatia away game is THE game that decides if we qualify for the World Cup - Englands biggest game they will play in the next two years. We need ALL our players fit and ready for that game but being a foreigner he doesn't give a :censored: about Englands cause, and why should he I suppose. What really fecks me off is that the FA allowed it, that our doctors weren't able to stop it and above all that this wasn't done in pre season when the injury was first picked up five weeks ago.

Why wasn't it operated on five weeks ago? For that very reason that makes football such an alien sport to the one I fell in love with - MONEY. They had pre season tournaments where they were obliged to play their best players and also had the Chumpions League qualifier for a place in the most horrendously dull competition on the planet. It's all about money.

He'll probably be lurking behind a 'glory hole' in our showers on Sunday just waiting for GB to enter.

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum....tart=65
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:42 pm

Ciggy wrote: :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: This Villa fans not happy Gerrards missing the England game  :laugh:

I'm very pleased he's missing on Sunday but equally I'm feckin fuming and livid at the timing of the operation and just goes to show what happens when you have a foreign manager - especially an arrogant and incompetent fat :censored: like Benitez.

That Croatia away game is THE game that decides if we qualify for the World Cup - Englands biggest game they will play in the next two years. We need ALL our players fit and ready for that game but being a foreigner he doesn't give a :censored: about Englands cause, and why should he I suppose. What really fecks me off is that the FA allowed it, that our doctors weren't able to stop it and above all that this wasn't done in pre season when the injury was first picked up five weeks ago.

Why wasn't it operated on five weeks ago? For that very reason that makes football such an alien sport to the one I fell in love with - MONEY. They had pre season tournaments where they were obliged to play their best players and also had the Chumpions League qualifier for a place in the most horrendously dull competition on the planet. It's all about money.

He'll probably be lurking behind a 'glory hole' in our showers on Sunday just waiting for GB to enter.

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum....tart=65

Yeah talk about hypocrites,they are planning on their forums to make Villa park "like hell" for "the scouse b@stards"
Then crying in another thread because one of our players is getting an operation and cant play for shi'tty England! :D

They have turned into bitter feckers over this Barry thing,I hope we murder them on Sunday!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion