We can sign one more player atleast

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:24 am

aCe' wrote:
Alex G. wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:If Xabi goes and we get 35 million for him , i reckon we should bid for essein although i doubt chelsea would ever do business with us

Essien is more like Mascherano, defensive midfielder, but not a pass master.

Essien is the far better player of the two... Offers much more going forward and he rarely loses possession... one of the best central midfielders in the world today... defensively hes excellent, about as good as mascherano i'd say but everything else id say hes the far better player...

You're one of a select few on here who need Andrex for their mouths as opposed to their a*ses...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:27 am

aCe' wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
aCe' wrote:
stmichael wrote:The ideal would be to get someone who can play from the left the majority of the time and is comfortable through the middle ala Henry.

I really struggle to see how Babel is going to get a run out unless he seriously ups his game.

Juan Mata... also, Mutu and Cassano spring to mind but doubt Rafa would be interested in any of the latter two despite them doing brilliantly with their clubs in recent times... Mata is a realistic target though and we've been linked to him in the past few days... would be a good signing and provides goals for the side...
Its a shame we missed out on Robinho last season... would have been perfect for us...

We would have never been able to afford robinho and his wages are pretty steep , he went to city as they were offering him the highest also i think he's a :censored: , there are some games where he strolling and walking around the pitch as if he wasn't interested , we don't need players like him at LFC.

yea.. fck all the brilliant yet arrogant money grabbing players in the world.. the ronaldos, Kakas (sould his soul to Madrid  :wwww ), Robinhos, Ibrahimovics, Tevezs, Barrys and Etoos.... we'll go for players who really live to wear the red shirt like Mascherano (oh wait...), Alonso (mmmm...), Kevin nolan and David Wheater....
fck winning the league if it means we sign good players to do that !

Simpleton.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:52 am

bavlondon wrote:Wasn't sure where this would fit and didn't want to bump the Tevez thread.

Pepe Reina blasts Gareth Barry and Carlos Tevez

By AIDAN MAGEE, 04/07/2009
PEPE REINA has hit out at Gareth Barry and Carlos Tevez for snubbing Liverpool and opting for the riches on offer at Manchester City.

The Spanish keeper was a key part of the Reds side that finished just four points below Manchester United in the club's best Premier League season for years.

But instead of adding to the squad over the summer, Reina has so far seen two transfer targets turn down the chance of a move to Anfield and could also see team-mates like Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano leave Liverpool in search of moves abroad.
Opportunity

Barry looked a certainty to arrive on Merseyside in the close season after missing out on a move from Aston Villa 12 months ago.

But City seized the opportunity to snatch the player by offering him £120,000 a week before Liverpool had a chance to put in place the finance to sign him.

Tevez has been offered £140,000 a week to move to Eastlands after failing to agree a deal to extend his career at Old Trafford.
Pole

Liverpool also thought they were in pole position to land the Argentine by offering him Champions League football. Instead, the pair look to have chosen the money available at City. And Reina believes they should have prioritised their prospects of achievement above their wages.

He said: "Apparently, they moved for the money. That is their decision but I also think it is their problem if they cannot see that Liverpool is a bigger club.

"It's up to them what they do but let me tell them that I am very proud to play for Liverpool. We can offer European football and I think that should have been a consideration for them.
Honour

"Everybody knows what it is to play for Liverpool. It's a pleasure and a tremendous honour. I am surprised they didn't consider these things. Some things in a player's career should be more important than money."

Liverpool's latest balance sheet shows why they appear unable to offer anywhere near the kind of lucrative wages City are tempting players with at present.

Figures announced last month showed that joint owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks are struggling to service the £350million loan they took out to buy the club.

Kop Holdings, the parent company that owns Liverpool, lost nearly £43m last year and backers RBS have moved to assure fans that their club is safe.

As it stands, manager Rafa Benitez is having to sell players before he can strengthen his side.
Fighting

Even so, Reina, 26, insists Liverpool will be strong enough come the start of the season.

He said: "At Liverpool, you have to be fighting for the title and that's what we will be doing this year.

"We are involved in four competitions and just targeting one of them is not enough. The big one of the Premier League would definitely be best."

------------

Pepe is dead right. Tevez was in talks with us but as soon as he realised we were not going to pay him silly wages he started on his 'it would be disrespectful' crusade speech.

:bowdown  :buttrock
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:15 am

aCe' wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
aCe' wrote:
stmichael wrote:The ideal would be to get someone who can play from the left the majority of the time and is comfortable through the middle ala Henry.

I really struggle to see how Babel is going to get a run out unless he seriously ups his game.

Juan Mata... also, Mutu and Cassano spring to mind but doubt Rafa would be interested in any of the latter two despite them doing brilliantly with their clubs in recent times... Mata is a realistic target though and we've been linked to him in the past few days... would be a good signing and provides goals for the side...
Its a shame we missed out on Robinho last season... would have been perfect for us...

We would have never been able to afford robinho and his wages are pretty steep , he went to city as they were offering him the highest also i think he's a :censored: , there are some games where he strolling and walking around the pitch as if he wasn't interested , we don't need players like him at LFC.

yea.. fck all the brilliant yet arrogant money grabbing players in the world.. the ronaldos, Kakas (sould his soul to Madrid  :wwww ), Robinhos, Ibrahimovics, Tevezs, Barrys and Etoos.... we'll go for players who really live to wear the red shirt like Mascherano (oh wait...), Alonso (mmmm...), Kevin nolan and David Wheater....
fck winning the league if it means we sign good players to do that !

No mate i'm not saying that  robinho is a :censored: and there are games where he's not interested at all , whereas give me kaka anyday as he gives his all in every match , ibra on the other hand is overrated a tad . Can you honestly see rafa going for a robinho or a ibra , its just not his type of player , rafa likes players who track back , even torres comes backs for corners
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:55 am

He only goes back so he can pick the ball up, skelp their defence and stick it in the net at the other end!!! :D
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sworth26 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:12 pm

With Tevez confirmed at City (in the next few mins), Adebayor looking likely to be on his way to eastlands as well, Santa Cruz etc. it's clear they are going to have a number of surplus attacking players (they can't expect to keep them all happy).

What's peoples thoughts on us making a move for Bojinov?? I know he has had a shocking tw0 years with injuries but he back fit and has banged in couple all ready I believe (1860 Munich for definite the other day) and he was a class act at Fiorentina before he came to city.... I reckon we could pick him up for 5-6mil.

Thoughts?
sworth26

Postby ElNino9 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:12 pm

!!BOJINOV? HELL NO!!

:help
ElNino9

Postby sworth26 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:43 pm

I wasn't expecting to get a fantastic response to that suggestion but it's not as insane as it first appears.  He is fit for the 1st time at a point where City are buying strikers for fun.  He was absolutely class at Lecce before moving to Fiorantina, he is a turely gifted footballer and I think he will be a real surprise package next season, despite the quality they have up front.
sworth26

Postby bigmick » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:10 pm

I must confess I've never heard of him. He sounds like the leader of the Russian Communist party or something.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:27 pm

I would sign one right winger and a central midfielder. That´s all we need to be competitives.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:32 pm

Don't jump down my throat but what does everyone think about Amir Zaki? He was flavour of the month during the first 3 months of the season and obviously it all went a bit tits up after that but there's no denying he's a talented player who might be worth a punt (even as a loan signing) bearing in mind we don't seem to have much money, don't look like going in for a marquee striker, and are currently heading into the new season with Eggnog, Deadly Dirk and the Voronator as backup to the boy wonder.

I thought he looked like a good player, strong, skillful and mobile enough to play as a lone striker.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:26 am

Last season I thought he might have been worth a shout just as an option to hold the ball up when needed (and we did need that at times with Crouch gone). Unfortunately that early season form seems to have been a flash in the pan, and besides he never had much footballing ability, he was essentially a big fella with a powerful shot who ran about a lot (and could hold is own), which can be of use at times when he can be ersed. The fact he went AWOL for about a month and what Bruce had to say in the aftermath suggests we should steer well clear, IMO.
LFC2007

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:43 pm

I see Pompey have accepted a bid for Peter Crouch which means another one of Benitez's (supposed) transfer targets of the past 18 months, Kenwyn Jones will be surplus to requirements.

I keep finding myself suggesting cheapo transfer targets who have probably worn out their welcome elsewhere, it's not that I want them, but it seems like we don't have much money so the manager will probably have to gamble somewhere or pull off something shrewd.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:29 pm

Jones is a goo player buit if he comes here looks like we'll resort to the long ball tatic again and thats not what we want to see
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:34 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Jones is a goo player buit if he comes here looks like we'll resort to the long ball tatic again and thats not what we want to see

We could deffo do with a Plan B though, we don't have a lot of options coming off the bench if the Gerrard-Torres combo isn't working. I'd like to see a target man somewhere in the squad, particularly against sides that sit deep and deny Torres any space to work in, they'll think twice about it if we can bring on a big lad like Jones on 60-70 mins.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion