Gerrard on right til january told you weeks ago - Its working.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:07 pm

I said weeks ago stevie should play on the right until january in a 442, and it seems rafa has taken my advice!! No i mentioned it though that this was our best bet to play stevie there. The team looks more balanced and dangerous since we have adopted this, especially in a 442 alonso looks more comfortable in the middle as well with stevie out wide he is finding him with some superb passes.

It gives other teams something to think about with stevie playing there, Garcia has looked real sharp as well in last couple of games. The whole team looks more comfortable with this formation.Even morientes is looking sharper and finding some form.Its a big contrast from what we were playing 451, we have more width and even zendon looks good playing down middle with alonso as he did for a bit last night. Come january when we have a out and out right winger then stevie can switch back inside but for now its working well, we look balanced, dangerous and full of goals and playing 2 upfront together has given us this. If kewell can start getting back to his best in next few weeks and deliver some attacking quality on left and stevie on right, we will just do fine until january. I was impressed last night and with most of saturday the players are looking more confident especially morro, garcia and rise. We are finding some form at last long may it continue.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:32 pm

I saw 90 mins of west ham game and the anderlecht one and Liverpool look much better than they did a few weeks ago.

I agree with SG on the right until January. We should keep the same defence&midfield too. Not sure about the forwards. Good to see Morientes looking hungry against west ham, he didn't in earlier games I saw him in. Garcia is playing very well too.

We need a CB though, I no longer have faith in Hypia. time is catching up quickly.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:47 pm

I know the fact we've conceeded in only 3 out of 9 league games this season is a disgrace.

Also, you aren't the only "genius" to think about Gerrard on the right Welsh Wizard. Loads of people have suggested it,  St Michael, The Rock, CGGY, Bigmick and myself.

Gerrard is not a right winger, but is the closet thing we currently have.
115-1073096938

Postby Garymac » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:01 pm

With the amount of predictions you make welsh wizzard, it was law of averages which said you would soon get one right, after all we are all still waiting for metzelder and Owen to arrive.

The only time Hyypia has looked out of sorts this season has been when Josemi and Traore has played and he has to cover for them, he might have lost a yard of pace but he is yet past it, we know we need to start looking at replacements but there is life still in those legs yet.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:12 pm

Is it not the case that Gerrard started on the right yesterday but played across the park? He had a free role and played just as much in the middle and on the left last night.

He was right midfield on the team sheet only.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:42 pm

are you Russell Grant in disguise Welsh wizard :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:55 pm

JBG wrote:Is it not the case that Gerrard started on the right yesterday but played across the park? He had a free role and played just as much in the middle and on the left last night.

And it worked - it confused the hell out of them - they didn't know where he was going to pop up next!
Also think Finnan's crosses are a lot better recently!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:11 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:I said weeks ago stevie should play on the right until january in a 442, and it seems rafa has taken my advice!! No i mentioned it though that this was our best bet to play stevie there. The team looks more balanced and dangerous since we have adopted this, especially in a 442 alonso looks more comfortable in the middle as well with stevie out wide he is finding him with some superb passes.

It gives other teams something to think about with stevie playing there, Garcia has looked real sharp as well in last couple of games. The whole team looks more comfortable with this formation.Even morientes is looking sharper and finding some form.Its a big contrast from what we were playing 451, we have more width and even zendon looks good playing down middle with alonso as he did for a bit last night. Come january when we have a out and out right winger then stevie can switch back inside but for now its working well, we look balanced, dangerous and full of goals and playing 2 upfront together has given us this. If kewell can start getting back to his best in next few weeks and deliver some attacking quality on left and stevie on right, we will just do fine until january. I was impressed last night and with most of saturday the players are looking more confident especially morro, garcia and rise. We are finding some form at last long may it continue.

''blue peter badge'' client this one  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:47 pm

stu the red, glad we agree on something stevie playing on the right!! I am glad its working fine anyway we do look alot balanced this way. The forwards i feel are starting to spark into life as well, crouch just needs a goal, cisse is looking a more promising player, and looks hungry, and morro is starting to look sharp.This goal will hopefully be one of many to come.  :bowdown
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:03 am

Gerrard is definitely the best right midfielder for now. To play as a winger or not isn't actually the point. He balances the overall mid-liners.

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby welsh wizzard » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:44 pm

Never guess what rafa rang me earlier, and said thanks for pointing out stevie would benefit the team playing on the right. I said thats ok rafa at least you took notice, he promised me 3 new signings in january for helping him out.  :D  :D  :D  :D
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:35 pm

Let me guess....

Owen, Metzelder and Joaquin? :;):
115-1073096938

Postby stoney » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:53 am

stu_the_red wrote:Let me guess....

Owen, Metzelder and Joaquin? :;):

:laugh:
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:14 am

hawkmoon269 wrote:
JBG wrote:Is it not the case that Gerrard started on the right yesterday but played across the park? He had a free role and played just as much in the middle and on the left last night.

And it worked - it confused the hell out of them - they didn't know where he was going to pop up next!
Also think Finnan's crosses are a lot better recently!

Yes it did work, Garcia and Gerrard swapping flanks didn't help them understand the situation either .  :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby welsh wizzard » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:02 pm

I will let you know who we sign in febuary, should have a better idea by then stu. :laugh:  :laugh:
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion