Gerrard out for 2-3 weeks - Ground hog season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:18 pm

redsince2001 wrote:and as 2 ur 2nd opinion my friend i think that cisse has a fair chance  of getting us goals(if rafa plays him ofourse)

Thats the problem....rafa doesn't play him...and if he does, he is stuck on the RW.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:28 pm

we sud do something abt it ,i say next time we play at anfield we sud start a cisse chant or something of the sort 2 make rafa understand wat we want.......
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Houllier=LFC » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:07 pm

Cisse just scored for France. :D
Houllier=LFC

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:09 pm

and is rafa just gonna go ''oh fu.ck it,i'll swerve my plans off becoz people are shouting we want cisse'' i dont think so, rafa has a plan and hes going to stick to it, IMO hes just been playin the 4-5-1 at the moment to ensure we get some consistency, i think he will start playin 4-4-2 against teams like blackburn shortly until we get some decent wingers in jan to suit the system he wants
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Alonso14 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:18 pm

At least its a position we have cover for. We would truely have been screwed if carragher got injured.

I hope he has a easy game on wednesday.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GunGod » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:19 pm

BOODIDDY wrote:Is it just me, but why do lfc get injuries to big players. Gerrard last season, Alonso,Cisse, Kewell.
Is it our training regime that doesn't help the players bodies or is it just bad luck.

Hmm, i think you have to note that the injuries inflicted to alonso and cisse were from stupid tackles. don't think the training regime has anything to do with that.

the kewell situation though, could probably have been better handled by the physios. while gerrard is simply injury prone no matter who attends to him.
GunGod

Postby DrTNT » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:33 pm

not to worry, we have plenty of midfielders to fill in for Gerrard in his absence but imagine if Carra got injured  :O

hopefully Rafa will go 4-4-2 and start cisse and the goals will then, with luck, flow
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:08 pm

:no  shakin' my head in f'kin' disbelief . Of course losing Stevie for a couple of games is not the end of the world but the nonchalant almost dismissive attitide at his loss by some of the "fans" in here beggars belief .He may not have been on top form in recent games but he is our skipper and all round best player by a country mile and yet some numpties reckon his absence might be  " a blessing in disguise "  :laugh:

I give up .  Maybe I'm one of those idiots who prefers to see our best players on the pitch as often as possible .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby is-stan-bul » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:26 pm

woof woof ! wrote: :no  shakin' my head in f'kin' disbelief . Of course losing Stevie for a couple of games is not the end of the world but the nonchalant almost dismissive attitide at his loss by some of the "fans" in here beggars belief .He may not have been on top form in recent games but he is our skipper and all round best player by a country mile and yet some numpties reckon his absence might be  " a blessing in disguise "  :laugh:

I give up .  Maybe I'm one of those idiots who prefers to see our best players on the pitch as often as possible .

I don't think that everyone is being dissmissive of the loss of
Stevie G for a few weeks 'cos it will be a massive loss to anyone; i think that it's a case of we have adequate cover (i.e. MOMO & Alonso) that we can maybe see something different from the midfield and maybe even an improvement from other players that have just been letting stevie do all of the work and letting their own standards drop.
is-stan-bul

Postby Woollyback » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:31 pm

Stevie was out for while this time last season and we actually did better without him, it was almost as if the rest of the lads gave an extra 10% to compensate for his absence. I'm still gutted he's out though :(
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrTNT » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:01 pm

woof woof ! wrote::no  shakin' my head in f'kin' disbelief . Of course losing Stevie for a couple of games is not the end of the world but the nonchalant almost dismissive attitide at his loss by some of the "fans" in here beggars belief .He may not have been on top form in recent games but he is our skipper and all round best player by a country mile and yet some numpties reckon his absence might be  " a blessing in disguise "  :laugh:

I understand what your saying woof woof and of course I would prefer if Gerrard was fit and playing but its not the end of the world if he is out for two or three weeks. Look at the players we have to put in his position, Didi or Sissoko. I know we could never replace him or what he contributes to the team, but this may lead to a formation change that I think we need and hopefully it will bring better results, if it happens.
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:37 pm

what about ye Ars.e boy?? hows tricks in never ever land

Running your mouth again aren't ya Bullsh1t Bullocks? Run along now, this is a grown-up discussion. Go play with your toys.

Eh?

Eh what? He was injured last year in September or October. The year before that I believe he got injured around the same time.
Last edited by A.B. on Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:38 pm

Another problem, if rafa persists with 4-5-1.....who is gonna score ? Gerrard looks like the only one capable of scoring in our last few games......

Where were you last season when we scored goals and won games without Gerrard?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:16 am

I believe he was having a sh*t, AB. :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:23 am

That explains everything Lando. :D