We can sign one more player atleast

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:31 pm

According to Rafa we can make one big more signing, whos your money on lets see who gets it right.

Im going for david Silva.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:33 pm

Ciggy wrote:According to Rafa we can make one big more signing, whos your money on lets see who gets it right.

Im going for david Silva.

Oh good God no Lynds. I sincerely hope you are wrong.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:35 pm

In an ideal world it would be Robin Van Persie. He's still stalling on a new contract at Arsenal.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mistyred » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:36 pm

Adriano looked back to normal the other night his free kick
was a screamer, not gonna break the bank but would be a great
signing for me.

He would brutalise the defenders in the prem and then knock them out after :cool:
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:36 pm

bigmick wrote:Oh good God no Lynds. I sincerely hope you are wrong.

Who do you think we will sign mick?

I really want Villa but I doubt we could afford him unfortunalty.

We have a plan,” added Benitez. “We can sign one more player if necessary, but that’s without any players leaving.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpo....3949351
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby slickrick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:39 pm

can anyone explain why we spent 18m on a full back when our priority is a good winger or creative midfielder. also even though real and barca are sniffin around, our players are under contract and real and barca should be told to cough up the big bucks or f**k off, i have had my rant, that is all:)
slickrick

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:41 pm

mistyred wrote:Adriano looked back to normal the other night his free kick
was a screamer, not gonna break the bank but would be a great
signing for me.

He would brutalise the defenders in the prem and then knock them out after :cool:

I agree. Adriano is big, poweful, skillfull and a bit of an animal!

He is powerful, has skill and can finish as well as being a big lad... he would tear up the PL IMHO and Nando would thrive feeding off him.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:44 pm

I am starting to run out of options. My first choice would have been Diego, closely followed by Tevez. Arshevin we missed out on previously to Arsenal, so now I would probably hold out faint hope for Aguero or Villa. Failing that I would hope for a few bargain buys Owen/Crouch/Robben.

I heard a rumour yesterday that Momo Sissoko might be coming back (not sure how much truth there was in it mind you   :D )
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:47 pm

Ciggy wrote:

We have a plan,” added Benitez. “We can sign one more player if necessary, but that’s without any players leaving.”

I think we will sign three more players Lynds, not one. I think either Alonso or Masherano will leave, meaning we will get a hefty wedge and with it will sign a new midfielder as Lucas isn't good enough. I've no idea who that will be, as I think it will be from outside the Premiership.

We obviously also need a centre half, unless we are going to go with the crazy plan we went with two seasons ago where we only had three. That obviously backfired within about two weeks (footballs like that when you leave yourself short, the Keane fiasco proved it again this season) so i don't think we'll do it again. I don't know why, but I've a feeling we might sign Mathew Upson. If it was me I'd go for Micah Richards, but I've just got a feeling that we'll sign Upson.

Lastly, we obviously need a front player. My guess from hearing the rumours on here is that it will be Javier Saviola. From the couple of times I've seen him, I think he will flop in the Premiership. If it was me, I'd sign the top scorer outside the top four clubs in the Premiership last season. Darren Bent.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:49 pm

I would like to see Silva come to us, if not then any decent striker will do to provide some cover for when Nando is injured.
Fauxy

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:51 pm

bigmick wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

I think we will sign three more players Lynds, not one. I think either Alonso or Masherano will leave, meaning we will get a hefty wedge and with it will sign a new midfielder as Lucas isn't good enough. I've no idea who that will be, as I think it will be from outside the Premiership.

We obviously also need a centre half, unless we are going to go with the crazy plan we went with two seasons ago where we only had three. That obviously backfired within about two weeks (footballs like that when you leave yourself short, the Keane fiasco proved it again this season) so i don't think we'll do it again. I don't know why, but I've a feeling we might sign Mathew Upson. If it was me I'd go for Micah Richards, but I've just got a feeling that we'll sign Upson.

Lastly, we obviously need a front player. My guess from hearing the rumours on here is that it will be Javier Saviola. From the couple of times I've seen him, I think he will flop in the Premiership. If it was me, I'd sign the top scorer outside the top four clubs in the Premiership last season. Darren Bent.

Id rather bring back Crouchy than sign Bent.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:51 pm

bigmick wrote:If it was me, I'd sign the top scorer outside the top four clubs in the Premiership last season. Darren Bent.

To be honest I'd rather have Pavlyuchenko, provided he was willing to stay in England of course. I just think he's a better player than Bent and would probably cost less.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Festy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:51 pm

Has to be a top quality winger. My money's on Silva.
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:53 pm

stmichael wrote:
bigmick wrote:If it was me, I'd sign the top scorer outside the top four clubs in the Premiership last season. Darren Bent.

To be honest I'd rather have Pavlyuchenko, provided he was willing to stay in England of course. I just think he's a better player than Bent and would probably cost less.

what ST said, not fussy on Bent atall.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:55 pm

I woudn't Bav for a couple of reasons. Firstly, Bent is younger and much more in the Torres mold. He's quick, strong and powerful with a good eye for goal. He is quite happy playing up top on his own (infact he thrives on it) whereas Crouch operates better with a little fella who we haven't got. I liked Bent when he was at Charlton having seen him Live a few times, and I like him at Tottenham. I think he scored 14 league goals last season having missed half the season with injury. I think he's better than David N'Gog and would be affordable. he also would provide a slight change in the method if you brought him on as sub.

I don't think for one second we will sign him, but if a top club did I think he'd go well. Man City for instance would have been far better off signing Bent than spunking 17 million quid on Santa Cruz IMHO.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion