Gerrard out for 2-3 weeks - Ground hog season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby BOODIDDY » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:06 pm

Steven Gerrard is out of action for approx 2-3 weeks tearing a muscle connected to the shin.

Is it just me, but why do lfc get injuries to big players. Gerrard last season, Alonso,Cisse, Kewell. If chelski had that bad luck where would they be. Take Lampard, Robben, Makalele and drogba out of there team.

Is it our training regime that doesn't help the players bodies or is it just bad luck.

The only thing positive is that 442 will be here and momo is gonna show his class. Allowing alonso to be more offensive and hitting killer through balls.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:18 pm

as long as everyone else that can provide cover is fit..it shouldnt be too much of a problem. although you cant help but get that deja vu feeling!
we should be ok. who knows it may be a blessing?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:42 pm

In addition to missing the England game, Gerrard could also be out of some key fixtures for Liverpool.

He's unlikely to oppose Anderlecht in the UEFA Champions League on October 19 and will be battling to be fit for the return meeting on November 1.

Premiership matches against Blackburn, Fulham and West Ham could also be off the agenda for Gerrard, who was struggling with a calf injury earlier in the season.

Time to give Zenden a go in Midfield alongside Xabi/Sissoko/Hamann.  We are not short of midfielders so it shouldnt be to much of a problem we beat Betis away from home without him, its time for the others to stand up and be counted.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:18 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:In addition to missing the England game, Gerrard could also be out of some key fixtures for Liverpool.

He's unlikely to oppose Anderlecht in the UEFA Champions League on October 19 and will be battling to be fit for the return meeting on November 1.

Premiership matches against Blackburn, Fulham and West Ham could also be off the agenda for Gerrard, who was struggling with a calf injury earlier in the season.

Time to give Zenden a go in Midfield alongside Xabi/Sissoko/Hamann.  We are not short of midfielders so it shouldnt be to much of a problem we beat Betis away from home without him, its time for the others to stand up and be counted.

Ta lynds!!
Wont see gerrard on trip  to  pool usl :no walk on anyway we love all team so we dont care!!!!!!
lock up ur daugthers!!! :nod
66-1120597113

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:29 pm

if things arnt going well players seem to think that stevie will save us but now that hes injured they will have to show their worth...thats why liverpool won more games without stevie than with him last season i think...sayin that,he will be missed as hes a quality player but we have momo,didi etc to cover him
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby MikeCrouch » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:41 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:its time for the others to stand up and be counted.

I think that Rafa relies on Gerrard too much.

Play Hamann alongside Alonso in my opinion   :D
MikeCrouch

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:47 pm

We have enough cover in central midfield and we've proved last year that we can play without Stevie and still win games.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:48 pm

I think that Rafa relies on Gerrard too much.

Disagree. Gerrard is a great player but we've won games without him. There are other players that can get the job done.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:57 pm

Put it this way as good as Gerrard is we have reliable cover to replace him but the thought of losing Cara or Hyypia for the same amount of time or longer would make my hair fallout with worry.

.:D
66-1112520797

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:58 pm

Time for the rest to stand up and be counted. Having Xabi & Momo in the middle of the park is not all gloom and doom
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:59 pm

It's a typical Gerrard thing. He always gets injured this time of year.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby mistyred » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:07 pm

A.B. wrote:It's a typical Gerrard thing. He always gets injured this time of year.

Eh?
Last edited by mistyred on Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:09 pm

A.B. wrote:It's a typical Gerrard thing. He always gets injured this time of year.

what about ye Ars.e boy?? hows tricks in never ever land/ ????
66-1120597113

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:54 pm

Give me a break.......i would have loved it if gerrard played right winger until january and this happens..........  :angry:

Another problem, if rafa persists with 4-5-1.....who is gonna score ? Gerrard looks like the only one capable of scoring in our last few games......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:08 pm

Give me a break.......i would have loved it if gerrard played right winger until january and this happens..........   

Another problem, if rafa persists with 4-5-1.....who is gonna score ? Gerrard looks like the only one capable of scoring in our last few games......

it wudnt have happened anyway as rafa learly hasnt played him there in the 1st 3 months of this season.
and as 2 ur 2nd opinion my friend i think that cisse has a fair chance  of getting us goals(if rafa plays him ofourse)
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion