Gerrard to have op - out for 2 weeks (atleast) - How would you setup formations now?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:24 am

Ciggy wrote:Hes having the op when the international break is so he will miss Englands games not ours.

Some tw@t reporter on SSN now saying how dare Liverpool choose for him to miss the England games  ???

Feck off kunthook.

Yeah I just saw that. :censored: England and :censored: Fabio Capello. They are not paying his wages so why the :censored: should the club work his op round Englands schedule. I say it's not the best timing but id rather have it out of the way sooner rather than later. Hopefully he will be back for the Utd game.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:58 am

GYBS wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Hes having the op when the international break is so he will miss Englands games not ours.

Some tw@t reporter on SSN now saying how dare Liverpool choose for him to miss the England games  ???

Feck off kunthook.

So what games is he likely to miss for us ?

just the villa game will be back for man utd

I sure hope he will! Wouldn't want to go into that game without Stevie. Though he hasn't exactly been at his best against the mancs over the last few years imo, I would still dread to think of us NOT having him in the team, especially the way we're playing at the moment. He's one of the few players, who MIGHT just deliver that little extra ingredient, which we will definitely need to finally get a good result against them.
JamCar05

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:02 am

Anything apart from 4-4-2. If we play 4-4-2 at the weekend against Villa we'll get turned over good and proper.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby spion » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:15 am

Back against Manure in two weeks according to Benitez. If we beat Villa at the weekend then that game could make a bit difference at the end of the season. So early in the season & we could be looking at getting a four point lead already.
spion

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:12 pm

Feck off kunthook.

Why the fuck do they care?? They were on there last week asking people to phone with resons why he only turns his form on for Liverpool and never for England. If the lad had some sense he'd do a Carragher and tell Capello to do one if he isn't played in his proper position.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:46 pm

GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:28 pm

peewee wrote:

Feck off kunthook.

england abuse gerrard anyway by making him have to fit in with fat frank. when they start putting gerrard first and drop that fat kunt then they can complain about his absence

Exactly , and in order to accommodate both fat frank and gerrard , they've sacrificed gerrard and shifted him on the left where he was still England's man of the match whereas fat frank did nothing in his natural position , wake up and smell the coffee capello  :no
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:34 pm

I'd go the for this team

Reina

Carragher          Agger         Skrtel          Dossena

Masch         Xabi
El zhar/Kuyt                                         Babel

Keane

Torres

I think this is the best team we can put out at the moment with gerrard injured , i honestly can't see us winning against villa without stevie , a draw might be a good reason or unless the lads step and start to take responsibility . Keane needs to relax and stop trying so hard , he's capable of better . Switch back to the 4-5-1 , put el zhar on the right and babel on the left , riera will not play even if he signs before the villa game so stick with babel on the left and if rafa does not feel keane can play as second striker put kuyt there , at least he's used to the formation , we need to beat villa and show that we can win without stevie as well
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:35 pm

Who gives a fu'ck about England and their qualifier!
They may qualify but have no chance of winning it anyway.Steven Gerrard is paid about £100k a week by LFC,he's our player and if he needs treatment he gets when LFC say so.England games dont come into the equation!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shakey » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:29 pm

Couldnt agree more,Club comes before Country!

With Stevie out of the Villa game,i just hope a few of the others can stand up & be counted on when we really need them.

Most of us would die to put on that red shirt & play for this club,lets hope they will do the same :)
shakey

Postby Simari » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:16 pm

Another reason I am curious about formations without Gerrard, is because Rafa will rest him for certain games during the season.

We cannot afford to look clueless when he's not around, regardless of whether it is an injury or just getting a breather.

I am interested in seeing if Rafa will actually rotate Keane / Kuyt as support strikers and have the team benefit from El-Zhar's skills against mid-table or lower opposition.

It is quite possible that Rafa may not risk Gerrard for the Man U game, at the expense of losing him for further games following that. If he isn't fit, there isn't any point in forcing him to play as it could end up being another performance similar to yesterday - where he wasn't really firing on all cylinders for most of the game.

And club before country for sure ! Owen Hargreaves had no hesitation clearly stating where his loyalties are, first and foremost - with the Mancs.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:44 pm

This is isn't the exact team i'd look to play but bearing in mind that Rafa will stick with the likes of Kuyt and Arbeloa it's the team i'd like to see. Give Torres back his freedom and afford Keane the same luxury to roam. Start Babel, he looked very rusty (that's being polite). Aurelio needs a run of games and must play on the left.   

Reina

Arbeloa       Carra       Agger       Aurelio

Mascherano     Alonso

Kuyt                Keane               Babel

Torres
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:31 pm

Alonso-Mascherano pairing, Torres-Keane pairing, and around that there isn't much to choose between them. Kuyt, Benayoun, Babel, Pennant, El Zhar, Ngog... take your pick. OR we could style it by accommodating Lucas somehow.
LFC2007

Postby JC_81 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:49 pm

stmichael wrote:Anything apart from 4-4-2. If we play 4-4-2 at the weekend against Villa we'll get turned over good and proper.

We don't have the personnel to effectively play anything other than 4-4-2 without Gerrard imo.

For Villa I'd go with:

Reina

Arbeloa         Carragher     Skrtel         Dossena

Kuyt          Mascherano     Alonso          Babel

Keane

Torres

El Zhar has impressed me, but might be best used as an impact sub at the moment.  I think we need to try and play Keane into some form, so I would have him on the team, even if it's not on merit.  Strangely I think Gerrard being out might be good for Keane right now.  He'll have to take on a bit more responsibility and get on the ball a bit more.  Benayoun should be dropped, and I have an irrational dislike of Aurelio so I'd get Dossena back in.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:29 am

john craig wrote:
stmichael wrote:Anything apart from 4-4-2. If we play 4-4-2 at the weekend against Villa we'll get turned over good and proper.

We don't have the personnel to effectively play anything other than 4-4-2 without Gerrard imo.

For Villa I'd go with:

Reina

Arbeloa         Carragher     Skrtel         Dossena

Kuyt          Mascherano     Alonso          Babel

Keane

Torres

El Zhar has impressed me, but might be best used as an impact sub at the moment.  I think we need to try and play Keane into some form, so I would have him on the team, even if it's not on merit.  Strangely I think Gerrard being out might be good for Keane right now.  He'll have to take on a bit more responsibility and get on the ball a bit more.  Benayoun should be dropped, and I have an irrational dislike of Aurelio so I'd get Dossena back in.

kuyt in the side? if anyone needs dropping its him, but Rafa will never do it
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion