THE OFFICIAL Harry Kewell thread - All discussion in here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Aussie Style » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:31 am

Yeah fkn oath he played a ripper of a match, a classy winger with a :censored: load to prove, the club that picks him up for NOTHING will do alright i reckon.
Had a great game and was deservedely given a standing ovation when he was subbed.
Fair enough he had chances with Liverpool, but he can't control bad luck with injuries and he also has the rest of his life to consider when offered a pay as you play contract knowing he probably isn't going to be played when he was injury free for the last two months at Liverpool and wasn't selected.

No matter what you blokes on here say, you can't have a go at the guy for accepting his wages. I'm sure if you were getting paid 70 grand a week you wouldn't knock it back. He hasn't lost it, he has a huge desire to show the world just how good he can be and he will.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:44 am

When he was fit he always made that left side his own and there wasnt a shadow of doubt anyone else in our side was better but he kept getting injured. Bad luck in the end I guess.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:52 am

Aussie Style wrote:he has a huge desire to show the world just how good he can be and he will.

untill he gets a new contract then it will back to no desire. Harry plays only for himself. He will end up being a pundit for Australian tv.

Waste of talent!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:07 am

kazza wrote:
Aussie Style wrote:he has a huge desire to show the world just how good he can be and he will.

untill he gets a new contract then it will back to no desire. Harry plays only for himself. He will end up being a pundit for Australian tv.

Waste of talent!

Theres a rumour hes going to Glasgow Celtic!
dunno if theres any truth in it! ???
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby allred » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:17 pm

Number 9 wrote:
kazza wrote:

Waste of talent!

Theres a rumour hes going to Glasgow Celtic!
dunno if theres any truth in it! ???

there was a story on the news over here a few weeks ago mentioning a move to celtic, just rumours though nothing solid. i must be the only aussie on here glad to see him gone
allred

Postby parchpea » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:30 pm

Kewell may have played one good match today but over his 5 years with us I cannot recall him playing one.

Benitez kept putting him in when he got round to being fit but no sooner had he done that Kewell was on the treatment table again.

If he had anything about him he would have singed that new contract on worse terms as a good will gesture after we paid him sick money for the 5 years hes been on the books but he didnt want to know.

In terms on club football his best are long gone as he just cannot sustain his fitness or form over a full campaign and one decent game against Iraq means nothing in he grand scheme of Kewells fallen career as a footballer.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby JBM » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:34 am

Reports in the English media suggested Kewell had quit Anfield after being offered a lesser deal at the club. Mandic doesn’t see it that way.

He said: “The thing that I’m most disappointed about is that the media has tried to report that he was offered a deal at Liverpool and refused a deal at Liverpool.

“That’s not quite right. It was a case of was he going to be in Rafa Benitez’s first team plans? He wasn’t. So it never even got to a financial point and that’s something we would like to express.

“Harry still has the highest regard for Liverpool and the manager and absolutely no complaints whatsoever.

“At the end of the day it was a case of there were a lot of new players coming in and Harry’s attitude is that at his age he must play first team football and even though his desire was to get a new contract at Liverpool, unless it was a long-term commitment from Liverpool, there was no point even talking about money.

“So we actually never got to a point of discussing money and rejecting anything. It was simply a case of he wasn’t in Rafa’s plans apart from being a squad player. That’s not something he wants to be.

“For Australia’s sake he has to play football. He wants to be at the next World Cup.”

Kewell has been linked with moves to other English Premier League clubs including Fulham and Portsmouth while Juventus are also said to be admirers of the former Leeds United player.
[quote]
JBM

Postby Judge » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:51 am

JBM wrote:Reports in the English media suggested Kewell had quit Anfield after being offered a lesser deal at the club. Mandic doesn’t see it that way.

He said: “The thing that I’m most disappointed about is that the media has tried to report that he was offered a deal at Liverpool and refused a deal at Liverpool.

“That’s not quite right. It was a case of was he going to be in Rafa Benitez’s first team plans? He wasn’t. So it never even got to a financial point and that’s something we would like to express.

“Harry still has the highest regard for Liverpool and the manager and absolutely no complaints whatsoever.

“At the end of the day it was a case of there were a lot of new players coming in and Harry’s attitude is that at his age he must play first team football and even though his desire was to get a new contract at Liverpool, unless it was a long-term commitment from Liverpool, there was no point even talking about money.

“So we actually never got to a point of discussing money and rejecting anything. It was simply a case of he wasn’t in Rafa’s plans apart from being a squad player. That’s not something he wants to be.

“For Australia’s sake he has to play football. He wants to be at the next World Cup.”

Kewell has been linked with moves to other English Premier League clubs including Fulham and Portsmouth while Juventus are also said to be admirers of the former Leeds United player.

are you john barnes mummy ?

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion