ROBBIE KEANE: Official Thread - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:42 am

Those claiming Keane scores wherever he goes - thats bs. He was :censored: at Inter. Infact I remember watching his first match live, a friendly in which he missed to penalties in a row.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:53 am

Not sure I am reading your stats right mate , but I thought Fowler scored on his debut for Liverpool ? He was on the bench for two games in 92/93 but never started either game.

Game Date :: 22.09.1993
Competition :: League Cup 2nd round 1st leg  Stadium :: Craven Cottage
Spectators :: 13,599 
Starting line-up
1  Bruce Grobbelaar 
5  Mark Wright 
2  Rob Jones 
25  Neil Ruddock 
3  Julian Dicks 
8  Paul Stewart 
15  Jamie Redknapp 
6  Don Hutchison 
7  Nigel Clough 
23  Robbie Fowler 
9  Ian Rush 

Subs
13  David James

19  Torben Piechnik

17  Steve McManaman

Goals
Ian Rush 19'
Nigel Clough 40'
Robbie Fowler 83'

Substitutions
Jamie Redknapp out for Steve McManaman 68'

Notes
- Robbie Fowler scores his first goal for LFC
- Robbie Fowler makes his LFC debut
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:02 am

s@int wrote:Not sure I am reading your stats right mate , but I thought Fowler scored on his debut for Liverpool ? He was on the bench for two games in 92/93 but never started either game.

Starting line-up
1  Bruce Grobbelaar 
5  Mark Wright 
2  Rob Jones 
25  Neil Ruddock 
3  Julian Dicks 
8  Paul Stewart 
15  Jamie Redknapp 
6  Don Hutchison 
7  Nigel Clough 
23  Robbie Fowler 
9  Ian Rush 

Subs
13  David James

19  Torben Piechnik

17  Steve McManaman

Goals
Ian Rush 19'
Nigel Clough 40'
Robbie Fowler 83'

Substitutions

Notes

:laugh:  :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:05 am

owens debut goal was against wimbledon. 3-2 defeat if memory serves me right or was it 2-1??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:17 pm

s@int wrote:Not sure I am reading your stats right mate , but I thought Fowler scored on his debut for Liverpool ? He was on the bench for two games in 92/93 but never started either game.

Starting line-up
1  Bruce Grobbelaar 
5  Mark Wright 
2  Rob Jones 
25  Neil Ruddock 
3  Julian Dicks 
8  Paul Stewart 
15  Jamie Redknapp 
6  Don Hutchison 
7  Nigel Clough 
23  Robbie Fowler 
9  Ian Rush 

Subs
13  David James

19  Torben Piechnik

17  Steve McManaman

Goals
Ian Rush 19'
Nigel Clough 40'
Robbie Fowler 83'

Substitutions

Notes

Don't know for sure, using a source that is generally reliable but that's not a given. Back in the early years of the Premiership their stats are very limited, hence why I couldn't quote minutes. So in fact there may be some games absent, the source only has stats for Fowler 93/94 so maybe the source doesn't go that far back.

What is your source? Might be worth going back a bit further than just the Premiership.

Nice to know some on here have a brain to contribute rather than laugh, make derogatory comments and criticise like the moronic idiots they are. (no names mentioned, we ALL know who they are)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:35 pm

I usually use lfc history or soccerbase
account deleted by request

Postby SundanceKid » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:14 am

I don't like Robbie Keane. I noticed that before the boro game we never scored while he was in-game, including pre-season I think. Not sure what it's at now but something needs to be done. I'm sure even Nicolas Anelka finds Keane a joke.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:43 am

SundanceKid wrote:I don't like Robbie Keane. I noticed that before the boro game we never scored while he was in-game, including pre-season I think. Not sure what it's at now but something needs to be done. I'm sure even Nicolas Anelka finds Keane a joke.

Yeah I can understand where you are coming from,a good striker will definately hinder our attack like the Boro game!
Im sure Anelka is laughhing his leg off at Keane as well especially when Keane scored 23 goals last season! :laugh:
How many has Anelka hit at Chelsea to date? 6,7 maybe 8?
Keanes goals will come!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:28 am

SundanceKid wrote:I don't like Robbie Keane. I noticed that before the boro game we never scored while he was in-game, including pre-season I think. Not sure what it's at now but something needs to be done. I'm sure even Nicolas Anelka finds Keane a joke.

:no , go and take a hard look at yourself in the mirror . Absolute disgraceful post
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:35 am

Your post is a joke. Keane's goals will come.

And for Keane's overall performance - if it wasn't for Keane the score today against Everton could've very well been 0-0. He was in and had a significant part in both goals.
skatesy

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:04 am

SundanceKid wrote:I'm sure even Nicolas Anelka finds Keane a joke.

and why is that important to you? and you talked to anelka and he said keane was a joke?  :laugh:  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:10 am

Sabre wrote:Telling praises about Torres after a wonderful season is easy.

But I'll defend a player, Keane that hasn't scored yet. When I watch the games in TV, I focus most of the time in our players, so, more often than not, players from other teams coming here are only a vague idea in my mind, unless he's a player that has played before in Spain or World Class.

Despite I'm not fast to judge players in few games, I've liked Keane so far, ok he's expensive but that's the market's fault. He is strong, He always seems to know what's he's going to do before receiving the ball and he accordingly often makes good orientated control, he seems a good player to me.

Much better than Bellamy, and far more useful than Morientes to work outside the box.  Also despite I've heard an interesting post of a relatively new member in the lines that in the past Keane had strong players that made a lot of job for him, I think he'll be able to be a good Torres partner. Even if Torres forte isn't to link up with a partner striker, Torres is very watched and a mildly clever player might take advantage of it. Keane seems to be mobile and clever enough to do that. Crouch instead perhaps lacked that mobility, and Kuyt lacks the instict. I wouldn't be surprised if this lad starting scoring a lot soon!! but in football you never know, and not every player responds well to the big club pressure.

good post sabre... even though I have my doubts about Keane's confidence at a big club... he didn't do well at Inter... and he went to wolverhampton instead of liverpool when he had the chance to play for his boyhood team? It is quite opposite to Bellamy's ultra-confident mentality where he just takes on any challenge... I suspected he wasn't good enough for liverpool but he jumped at the opportunity to join us and did reasonably well IMO...So I don't know... it remains to be seen with keane... I'm sure he's playing with a positive attitude right now...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:32 am

Judge wrote:owens debut goal was against wimbledon. 3-2 defeat if memory serves me right or was it 2-1??

it was a 2-1 defeat for us.
owen scored in the 2nd half i think
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Sarge » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:36 am

keane's the man no doubt...

but he's not worth 20m
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:52 am

Give him time.... I remain convinced that he'll come good. Whether he's worth the 20 million quid we paid is relatively irrelevant, at this point in time, as we've already shelled out the money.... He's starting slow, but I'm a believer that he'll be better for us than Crouch was..... which for me, is saying a lot as I rated Crouchy after the initial disbelief that we had actually signed him from Southampton.
ConnO'var

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion