Liverpool Reserves - Official Discussion Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:58 pm

Was watching the Ressies tonite. I have to say, I wasn't totally overawed by the young lads coming thru.
One or two were impressive enough, a flash or two here and there of individual skill, but you wouldn't be thinking "I'll take Pacheco out and stick him with the first team, or Plessis is ready to challenge for a place....".
Unfortunately, the opposition seem to have a steady stream of decent enough players, both local and foreign, who didn't half impress....

Anybody else see it ? Comments ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:14 pm

Know the line ups by any chance?  Just curious.
SupitsJonF

Postby Dundalk » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:20 pm

Liverpool team:

Dean Bouzanis
Emmanuel Mendy
Steven Irwin
Mikel San Jose
Martin Kelly
Damien Plessis
Philipp Degen
Victor Palsson
Vitor Flora
Daniel Pacheco
Vincent Weijl

Subs:

Jay Spearing
Martin Hansen
Ronald Huth
Lauri Dalla Valle
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:22 pm

San Jose....that's the lad's name. Had a stormer of a game....
I read in another post that Spearing got MOTM....not a bad achievement since he only came on into the second half...hmmmm....
bunglemark2

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:43 pm

why is this in gen chat?
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:45 pm

Degen and Mendy went off injured, which made me mad because it mean that Dalle Valle could not come on.  United bossed the first half, but we looked better in the 2nd, although I would say they still looked clearly better over the 90 minutes. But we did not play anywhere close to our full strength reseve side and their team looked pretty good and had more first team experience.
JoeTerp

Postby aCe' » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:51 pm

anyone got the manutd reserves lineup ?
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:32 am

1. Tomasz Kuszczak, 2. Richard Eckersley, 3 Fabio Da Silva, 4. Corry Evans, 5. Ritchie De Laet, 6. Matthew James, 7. Rodrigo Possebon, 8. Daniel Drinkwater, 9. Daniel Welbeck, 10. Lee Martin, 11. Robert Brady.
Subs: 12. James Derbyshire, 13. Garry Woods, 14. Oliver Norwood, 15. Antonio Bryan, 16. Oliver Gill.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:41 am

JoeTerp wrote:Degen went off injured,

:oh:  did he? - that's unlike him....
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:40 pm

WTF is with the Reserves this season ? Another 1-1 this evening.....bugs the schite outta me when you see the scum over in Manchester bring some young fella on like the other night. You's have to say, there doesn't seem to be anybody ready yet to step up to the next level....
Sure, I think Spearing has "a" future.....just don't think he's big enough for the Premiership.....one or two others might get a run, but it looks a tad bleak... :angry:
bunglemark2

Postby tubby » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:59 pm

Could it be maybe that Insua trains with the 1st team now or does he still train with the ressies? Not that 1 person would = loss of form but was just wondering.

Speaking of ressies whats happened to that Miki Roque.
Last edited by tubby on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:00 pm

I wish we had richer owners so we could take risky investment on younger kids.  Even if they wont play for the first team, if they become good enough can be sold for a profit.  I thought that goal, for the amount of pressure he was under and the inexperience he has, from the first touch to the finish was class.  Confidence will be so high might be able to perform again, or it was all luck, who knows.  But I wouldn't mind investing some cash in the youngsters when we get some money flow.
SupitsJonF

Postby tubby » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:03 pm

It's not risky mate it's the best way to be honest. Spend a bit when they are young, blood them into the team and then you save a lot more in the long run. Look at Chelsea their team is so old they would have to go on a massive spree once half these lot bow out or start to lose it.

It's not just the money though it's the scouting as well. I know everyone is talking about that Macheda guy but people like him and Fabregas are prime examples. I know Fabregas only cost 500,000 which im sure Rafa would be happy to pay on a kid seeing as he paid 1.5mil for NGog. It could well be of course that Rafa is limited in what he has to spend which would make sense given our situation.

In the world of premiership managment it's good to build for the future but there is so much pressure on the now and present. But now he has a new contract so things will be on the up hopefully.

About that goal, i had SSN on pretty much all day at work today and they must have shown that goal every 10 mins. I hate to admit it but that was a brilliant goal for someone his age. The only debut goal better than that was probably Robbie Keanes or shreks.
Last edited by tubby on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:28 am

This was the only thead I could see on the ressies so maybe this should become an official thread for reserve team discussion?

Anyway they beat Newcastle 5-1 last night. Goals from San Jose, Ngog, Plessis and 2 from Daniel Pacheco.

Has anyone got links to goals?

Also Rafa has this to say .

RAFA: STARLETS HAVE A BRIGHT FUTURE
Steve Hunter 30 April 2009

Rafael Benitez believes promising youngsters Krisztian Nemeth and Lauri Dalle Valle have a very bright future with the club.
Finnish striker Dalle Valle has hit 19 goals this season to help the Academy under-18s reach the final of the FA Youth Cup, while Hungarian hot-shot Nemeth netted the winner in the Liverpool Senior Cup final for the reserves on Monday night.

After impressing in pre-season it has been a frustrating campaign for Nemeth who has been hit by a series of injuries, but Benitez admits he has a lot to offer.

"I think Krisztian is someone that can score goals," Benitez told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"The most difficult thing in football is scoring goals so we are really pleased with him. Hopefully he will be fit in the future and if he has no more problems then he is a player that we need to keep an eye on because he has a great future."

Dalle Valle has caught the eye for his uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time this season and the boss has also been impressed.

"I don't like to talk too much about just one player when the team is doing well, but clearly he is a striker that has scored a lot of goals," said Rafa.

"He also has a future here.

"It was important for the young lads to reach the FA Youth Cup final and they now have an opportunity to win a trophy.

"Always the main target for the Academy is to produce players, but if they can win a trophy that would be a very good experience for them."

On the subject of goals, Liverpool are the Barclays Premier League's leading scorers this season with 66 strikes hitting the back of the opponents net.

The manager claims it shows that the team has an attacking mentality.

"Sometimes people criticise us and say we are a defensive team but clearly we are a team that is always attacking," he said.

"When we are 1-0 up we always look for the other goal and the number of goals we have scored shows that we are an offensive team that also normally defends really well."

Meanwhile, Benitez has also spoken of his admiration for Dirk Kuyt after the Dutchman scored twice during Saturday's 3-1 win at Hull City, in what was his 100th top-flight start for the club.

"I'm really pleased for all of the players when they play 100 games, but especially for Kuyt, because he is so good a professional that everybody has to be pleased when a player like him performs at that level every single week.

"He always scores important goals and is someone you can trust 100 per cent."

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:54 am

Good idea Bav....
I think this should have a thread or a (sub-)section of its own....I'm a big fan and proponent of promoting from within - I do it at work where I can and where I think people have the abillity and the "right stuff"...
What I would like to see Rafa do is to make sure his actions mirror his words...Let's see some of these young lads get a chance at the next level. Playing Reserve team football is great, for a while, but they need to test themselves to see if they can sink or swim at the next level....
bunglemark2

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion