Harry kewell interview in australia - A new career, a new harry kewell

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby el_stinger » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:43 am

Harry was on Sunday, a current affairs program, in which he identifies playing for Liverpool is a privelage, whereas playing for Australia is an honour.

He also states that Liverpool fans have every right to judge their players, because we are used to success, and we crave our players to succeed.

Also Harry talks about the World Cup highs and lows, and also coming to England as a kid, having to deal with issues and problems by himself.

The interview actually made me think long and hard about Harry. I've been ultra critical of him, being an Aussie, I want him to do well for the club I love as well as the country he represents.

I know what he is capable of, and I get extremely frustrated when I see him come off the pitch, in my eyes, not giving 110% for the shirt.

I got the feeling that Harry is over all his injuries, and is hungry to repay the manager's faith, to show the doubters that they have been wrong about him, and also for his own psyche, that he still is one of the best wingers in the world. Another reason is that his conract is up at the end of the season, so he is also playing for an extension.

www.ninemsn.com.au/sunday

They haven't updated the site yet, as it was just shown on tele, but if you refresh every now and then, you will be able to view the whole interview.

YNWA
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:50 am

i hope he'll have the effect that scholes had on the mancs after returning from injury...!!  Hope he and leto will perform nicely next season .
Elchris

Postby kazza » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:58 am

This is what you call a "fluff piece" released by his PR firm to raise his profile (basically what Beckham did to become England captain after the country hated him when he got sent off against Argentina). This is the new face of football. I have worked in PR and we did thease stories all the time. Does not cut any ice with me.

Injuries are not what made me turn on Harry. It was his lack of heart and when the going gets tough he is not there. He has been happy to take the paycheck and not earn it. I respected Cisse because he suffered a horrific injury (twice) and worked double time to get back to fitness. he may not have been good enough but he had heart. How Kewell can use injury (sore toe) as an excuse is a joke. He was injured I am sure, but did not seem to work double time to get fit. He knew he had years left on his contract so he was happy. Now there is a year left and he needs some chump to give hime another contract, out come the strategically placed "fluff pieces" to make him seem like a victim.

By the way, no chance in hell that Harry is "one of the best wingers in the world". He has not played at that level in years so he does not deserve that title. People remember his days at Leeds when he was a "prospect", but he never fulfilled his potential and should go down as "unrealised Talent". Too bad because he did look good when he was young but those days are gone. He is much older and has not played enough in years to he will only get worse.

SELL SELL SELL
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:38 am

kazza wrote:Injuries are not what made me turn on Harry. It was his lack of heart and when the going gets tough he is not there. He has been happy to take the paycheck and not earn it. I respected Cisse because he suffered a horrific injury (twice) and worked double time to get back to fitness. he may not have been good enough but he had heart. How Kewell can use injury (sore toe) as an excuse is a joke. He was injured I am sure, but did not seem to work double time to get fit. He knew he had years left on his contract so he was happy. Now there is a year left and he needs some chump to give hime another contract, out come the strategically placed "fluff pieces" to make him seem like a victim.

By the way, no chance in hell that Harry is "one of the best wingers in the world". He has not played at that level in years so he does not deserve that title. People remember his days at Leeds when he was a "prospect", but he never fulfilled his potential and should go down as "unrealised Talent". Too bad because he did look good when he was young but those days are gone. He is much older and has not played enough in years to he will only get worse.

SELL SELL SELL

I also remain skeptical until I see the real Harry play to his full potential.

I agree completely with you about it seeming as though Harry is only wanting to make a come back to earn a new contract. However, if he makes the grade and agrees to take a pay cut at the end of his contract, we'll know where his heart lies. If he excels, I would expect Rafa sign him on. Anyone else would have sold him ages ago, but Rafa knows what Harry can do, and I hope he has a stellar season.

I agree that he isn't one of the best in the world now, but in his mind, its important that he believes it, so that he is out there to prove that he can raise his game to that level.

Harry did have an injury to his big toe. He also had a torn groin muscle. He also had hip problems. He also had ankle problems, he had bits of bone floating around ala Robbie Fowler. Robbie also had his critics when he was playing for a contract extension and Houllier was ruthless with him. So when you say he had problems with his little toe, he also had numerous other injuries, not the seemingly superficial injury you describe.

Another thing about your comment that his PR team are making him out to be the victim. If you read the transcript or watched the interview, you would have seen that he feels guilty about not being able to commit himself the way he should have, had he not been injured many times. I would suggest that you view the interview before making a judgement.

I would rather have him play his heart out for another contract, have him work like he's never worked before, and make him earn that contract. Then maybe we can be in the position of keeping a great left sided winger OR being able to make some $$ of our own good work an commitment in keeping the player.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:53 am

el_stinger wrote:
kazza wrote:Injuries are not what made me turn on Harry. It was his lack of heart and when the going gets tough he is not there. He has been happy to take the paycheck and not earn it. I respected Cisse because he suffered a horrific injury (twice) and worked double time to get back to fitness. he may not have been good enough but he had heart. How Kewell can use injury (sore toe) as an excuse is a joke. He was injured I am sure, but did not seem to work double time to get fit. He knew he had years left on his contract so he was happy. Now there is a year left and he needs some chump to give hime another contract, out come the strategically placed "fluff pieces" to make him seem like a victim.

SELL SELL SELL

I also remain skeptical until I see the real Harry play to his full potential.

I agree completely with you about it seeming as though Harry is only wanting to make a come back to earn a new contract. However, if he makes the grade and agrees to take a pay cut at the end of his contract, we'll know where his heart lies. If he excels, I would expect Rafa sign him on. Anyone else would have sold him ages ago, but Rafa knows what Harry can do, and I hope he has a stellar season.

I agree that he isn't one of the best in the world now, but in his mind, its important that he believes it, so that he is out there to prove that he can raise his game to that level.

Harry did have an injury to his big toe. He also had a torn groin muscle. He also had hip problems. He also had ankle problems, he had bits of bone floating around ala Robbie Fowler. Robbie also had his critics when he was playing for a contract extension and Houllier was ruthless with him. So when you say he had problems with his little toe, he also had numerous other injuries, not the seemingly superficial injury you describe.

Another thing about your comment that his PR team are making him out to be the victim. If you read the transcript or watched the interview, you would have seen that he feels guilty about not being able to commit himself the way he should have, had he not been injured many times. I would suggest that you view the interview before making a judgement.

I would rather have him play his heart out for another contract, have him work like he's never worked before, and make him earn that contract. Then maybe we can be in the position of keeping a great left sided winger OR being able to make some $$ of our own good work an commitment in keeping the player.

I hope he plays well this season as he will then be helping team, and that is what we all want. If he does what you say and works hard and takes a paycut I might reassess his worth, but I do not think so. I hope I am wrong!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ajaxs21 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:13 am

will now he is going to play at the Asian cup and i hope that he will not get injured he seems to do that alot i wish him good luck with this natianl team but my heart will be with the home country Go Sadui Arabia :buttrock
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ajaxs21

Postby el_stinger » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:58 pm

http://ninemsn.video.msn.com/v/en-au/v.htm?f=39&g=4f1a8c35-a9e0-4458-acb2-63d839cbca8f&p=aunews_ausunday&t=s29&mediaid=104294

For those who are interested in watching the interview.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:48 pm

Hary Kewell hmmmmm, the guy is a good player but until he shows us he can reproduce his Leeds form then I'll bust his balls cos it's not his injuries that p155 me off but like Kazza said it's his attitude, he should concerntrate on his Liverpool/football career rather than the interviews and MTV cribs! plus that stupid posh spice wanna be wife should keep her mouth shut, going on 'I want to be a celebrity, get me out of here' and talking about Harry would like to play in Spain. :angry:

Come on Harry it's a new season your not injured so work hard and show us the Harry of old :;):
Last edited by Paul C on Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:06 pm

Yeah well said Paul. Hes got potential we have all seen what hes capable of but with all the injuries he never lives up to the hype. I think though all this time he hasnt been putting the club first. If Australia need him then he has no problems running of to them only to come back injured. Just talking about him is :censored: me off right now lol

He should just hop on back to :censored: Australia the useless :censored:. Sorry but he does not warrant what he is getting paid at the moment.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:53 pm

i'm still a bit confused why he is so heavily defended on this forum (not at the mo hehe) because its fine saying he appears to be a gem hidden in the rock but this fekin rock seems to be 5 miles deep

maybe he is simply a player who would be suited for a team like leeds, but look where leeds are and compare that to liverpool  :grinning:  sorry cheap shot at my dads team
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Postby redmikey » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:56 pm

i had a real turn around on harry after last season, i feel that he could have a great season which will win over the doubters

lets be fair the lad is due a break in his luck at lfc and the manager seem to have faith
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:57 pm

i meant the season before last btw :cool:
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:19 pm

I hope im proved wrong but I think we have seen all that we are going to see of Harry Kewell, I dont think he will ever produce the form that he had in Leeds.

If he is that interested in a move to Spain like his missus said then I say let him go and get someone more younger and hungrier in  - i hope Im wrong
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:36 pm

Dundalk wrote:I hope im proved wrong but I think we have seen all that we are going to see of Harry Kewell, I dont think he will ever produce the form that he had in Leeds.

If he is that interested in a move to Spain like his missus said then I say let him go and get someone more younger and hungrier in  - i hope Im wrong

i agree with your hoping to be wrong  :buttrock
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby el_stinger » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:24 pm

I think what hurts people the most, is that his wife came out on tele saying things that were supposed to be kept private. I am glad that she fluffed up, cos it brought his commitment to LFC to the forefront. He had to answer for the slag.

I think, barring any more injuries, that the Asian Cup competition will give Harry a good start to the season. He is going to link up with the club after this competition in Asia, when LFC go over there to compete in pre season competitions. I would have rather him go back to Liverpool to start pre season training, however, he has chosen to compete for his country. Harry is notorious for getting injured playing for Australia, so I hope he comes out unscathed.

We have Gonzo and Zenden leaving, we need someone to take that position and make it theirs. I hope Harry can do that this season.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion