Harry kewell interview in australia - A new career, a new harry kewell

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:47 am

Dundalk wrote:I hope im proved wrong but I think we have seen all that we are going to see of Harry Kewell, I dont think he will ever produce the form that he had in Leeds.

True as that may be, I'd be happy for him to reproduce the form he showed for us in the second half of the 2005-2006 season.  He gave our midfield balance and attacking potency during that stretch and we've missed him a great deal this past season.  If he can stay injury free during this Asian cup thingy, it will be a great chance for him to regain his sharpness prior to the start of the season.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Salty Sock » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:32 am

This is fantaganizing to my inner soul. Harry is not the man of our old mind anymore :) He is something of the other now.
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby kazza » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:38 am

Salty Sock wrote:This is fantaganizing to my inner soul. Harry is not the man of our old mind anymore :) He is something of the other now.

???

Does your name happen to be Don King by any chance?   :)
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:23 am

We all know whats gonna happen, he'll come back from the Asia Cup injured! Like others have said he should have explained to Australia that he is still coming back from injury and need some more time, LFC play he wages and he only seems to play for his country ???
Last edited by Paul C on Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:15 am

lol only a couple yrs back ppl were complaining about harry not playing enough for his country. the only way for him to make his comback is trhough competivte matches. the Asian cup offers this. i think Arnold will use him wisely knowing harry's injuries could flare up anytime
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:21 am

mungi wrote:lol only a couple yrs back ppl were complaining about harry not playing enough for his country.

What people? Not Liverpool fans.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:34 am

mungi wrote:lol only a couple yrs back ppl were complaining about harry not playing enough for his country. the only way for him to make his comback is trhough competivte matches. the Asian cup offers this. i think Arnold will use him wisely knowing harry's injuries could flare up anytime

Don't think thats ever been the case. Australia always had their A grade players when it matters, and always used their B grade players against Oceania based countries. Why would we need Harry to play for us vs Solomon Islands?
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:55 am

if u havent noticed that was around the time Guus Hiddink came into power and the games against solomon islands was vital as it secured a world cup play off aginst uragauy. Hiddink wanted his best players to play so he could get idea of the level we were at. dont u rememebr the 'A' team playing in solomon island?
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:28 pm

mungi wrote:if u havent noticed that was around the time Guus Hiddink came into power and the games against solomon islands was vital as it secured a world cup play off aginst uragauy. Hiddink wanted his best players to play so he could get idea of the level we were at. dont u rememebr the 'A' team playing in solomon island?

Minus Viduka and Kewell.

Gee, what was the score? 12-0?

Desperately need our A grade players for that. Whew, could have gone comepletely the other way.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:40 am

the score is not the point, the point i am making is those players needed to play so guus could assess them.
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wilhelmsson » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:15 am

The case with Kewell is plain and simple, is the little doggy gonna bark all day or is he gonna bite?
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby el_stinger » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:34 pm

Still got this mentality that irks me

Kewell: I almost quit
By Carla Hilton -  Created on 28 Jun 2007

Liverpool winger Harry Kewell admits he had doubts over his future in football after what has been an injury-plagued season at Anfield.

Kewell barely played for his club in the last 12 months which meant he missed out on most of their Premier League and Champions League campaigns.

The 28-year-old made only three appearances - all as a substitute - for Liverpool towards the end of last season and admits his frustration and disappointment left him in some doubt as to his future in football.

The Australian international said it was the support and encouragement from his family and friends and the Liverpool coaching staff that convinced him not to quit the game.

"Thoughts like that did creep into my mind but I had a strong team behind me, strong family behind me and I had fantastic people with me 24/7," he said.

"And from the confidence I had from them, that pulled me through.

"There were fleeting thoughts. You get over one injury and then another one appears and then all of a sudden you're wound up in one big mess and you think, am I ever going to be the same?"

Kewell has been named in the Australia squad for next month's Asian Cup in South-East Asia for which the Socceroos are amongst the tournament favourites.

And Kewell see's the tournament as an ideal opportunity to build up to full-match fitness ahead of the start of the Premier League season in August.

"I feel great," added Kewell. "It's hard work out here, it's very hot, very humid but the team's looking well, the team's looking fit and everything's going well.

"Hopefully I can get a run out but we'll just have to wait and see.

"It's the first pre-season I've done in probably a couple of years so my body's a bit stiff, but no less stiff than anyone else's and it's to be expected.

"I've been off for 12 months now and you almost claim that as a little retirement.

"It's rested my body, mentally and physically.

"I'm ready now for the new challenge."
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shades » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:16 pm

Harry Kewell just scored for Australia in a friendly against Singapore. He's looking good and sharp! :)
shades

Postby shades » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:28 pm

He just assisted in another goal! One of his nice crosses to Viduka. :D
shades

Postby el_stinger » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:29 pm

shades wrote:He just assisted in another goal! One of his nice crosses to Viduka. :D

Viduka scored for Australia? ?????

What is the world coming to??
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion