THE OFFICIAL Harry Kewell thread - All discussion in here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:29 pm

it's quite simple really.

in two days time, as it stands harry kewell will be able to speak to other clubs about signing a pre-contract for next season.

obviously i think any future contract would have to be based on appearances, but as it stands now, would you offer him a new contract or not?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:34 pm

Yes, I think he has shown enough already to warrent a new contract. I think we would have to include safe guards of some kind, but he should (and will) get a new contract.
account deleted by request

Postby username » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:39 pm

Yes, simple as
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:46 pm

No.

Pinning our hopes on what happened five years ago is EXACTLY the problem we have had for the last 15 before Rafa came.

Cant see him ever getting back to what he was.

Sad, as he is the player that got me most excited prior to Torres when he signed.

We need someone better if we have any hopes of winning the league, we need someone who will play every week, can beat people, stay fit and scores goals.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:55 pm

He may leave. The sooner he is off the wage bill, the better.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby TheBestia11 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:57 pm

Harry kewell is a wonderful player.
I don't understand because he don't plays as he knows
TheBestia11

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:14 pm

I wouldnt. He has had too many injuries so save on the wages and bring in a younger, faster player with bags of skill. Dont ask me who as I havent the foggiest !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:17 pm

banana wrote:He may leave. The sooner he is off the wage bill, the better.

ITs been a while soft olleys, where you bin hidin ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:25 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
banana wrote:He may leave. The sooner he is off the wage bill, the better.

ITs been a while soft olleys, where you bin hidin ?

Have been very busy. Sad to see most of the old posters gone. Looks like the quality of this forum has declined. Anyway; we both agree that Kewell is not the future left winger for us. I can't really believe any sane person think otherwise. A good winger could have won us the game today.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:30 pm

I'd say no. He has until summer to prove he still can do the business, but at the moment he does not deserve a new contract.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:32 pm

It just hasn't worked for him at LFC.

It's time for him to leave.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:11 pm

id keep him. was the only player against man city that beat his man a couple of times. has done this against porto, marseille, blackburn etc. still our best crosser of the ball and keeps the ball well. still got some reasonble. his intelligence speed is still second to none. give him a reduced contract and rafa must bring another winger in. so kewell can be mostly a impact player off the bench
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:27 pm

Well in the short term we've got to keep him as we ain't got anybody else it's as simple as that. Longer term, unfortunately for Kewell I don't think he has the tools any longer to play at the top level as a left midfielder on a consistent basis.

If you look at the way he plays the game I think most agree that he's never been a line worker, a tracker backer who works the full back and the right midfielder with his engine and tackling. I'm thinking Kind of a Gereth Barry, Steve Stone type of player here. For me he's always been much more of a proper winger, a creater, a crosser and a man who would terrorise the full-back enough that the defender wouldn't dare venture forward rather than actually follow him if he does. He's terrorised him with his pace, trickery, skill and a willingness to cut inside and hit it if he sees the opportunity.

Well nowadays the pace doesn't appear to be there anymore. He tends to cross it from in front of the full-back these days (still fairly effectively I'll give him that), while he doesn't track inside with the ball anywhere near as often. He also doesn't appear quite so striong on the ball in terms of protecting it these days, and his tracking back which was never greatis now negligable. In short, whereas before he was at his best an affordable luxury player, these days he is a bit too pricey in terms of what he brings to the team and what he costs.

All that said and in terms of balance, if Gerrard were to move to the right and cause the general mayhem which he does from out there, then we may get another year or two out of Kewell. Thee's no questio though that if you had a decent left sided player it would make a huge difference to our team. I personally think that Villa conducted a shrewd piece of business when they picked up Ashley Young for about 10 mill'. Though I really rated him, I though the fee was toppish but having seen him in a few games recently I'm not quite so sure now. Somebody like him, or Arteta or barry would make a big difference to us I should think.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:53 pm

Arteta would be great moving from Everscum to LFC.

:laugh:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:05 am

like everyone, i thought Harry would be the best winger LFC would have seen in years.  Sadly injury has robbed us of his pace, but he's still a quality player with a good left foot and an eye for a quality pass. He links up with Torres well and also plays well with Gerrard.

I'd say keep him and re-structure his deal around a pay-as-you-play contract. If he loves the club as much as he claimed when he joined he'll take it....if not then his loss. Personally i think Rafa rates Harry and he'll get a 1 year extention.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion