THE OFFICIAL Harry Kewell thread - All discussion in here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Espionage » Wed May 21, 2008 7:01 am

I really dont understand where Harry is coming with that statement about proving Rafa wrong.  I would like to think that he has been misquoted is someway as I recall him always having positive things to say about our Manager.  I am a little upset that he has not left some kind of letter to the fans the same way that Momo and Garcia have recently.  I thought that it was a nice touch from them and if Kewell wanted to show a bit of class he could give a few apologies as he still owes this club a lot.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Torres25 » Wed May 21, 2008 8:53 am

Kewell, class :laugh:
Torres25

Postby tubby » Wed May 21, 2008 9:02 am

What a knob. See ya Harry you :censored:.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed May 21, 2008 3:38 pm

john craig wrote:
Kukilon wrote:How da hell can he slate Rafa. The man gave him a chance in every final of importance since he has been here and if that's not to put faith in someone I don't know what is. I hope the door hits you.

Spot on mate.

Rafa showed faith in Kewell in matches where most of us fans raised eyebrows at his inclusion.  How he can then say he has a point to prove to 'his old manager' is outrageous.

I've really changed my opinion of Kewell after what he's said and done over the past few weeks.  First rejecting a reduced contract and then these comments.  He's a money grabbing tw@t.

:nod sorry kewell as good as u are mate , u've just wasted 5 years of your career
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 21, 2008 4:08 pm

to be fair, i don't think he's slating Rafa.  He just said he wants to show him what he can do....which is fair enough i suppose.  Shame he didn't take a pay cut and show him here.

Either way, his next move will be a step down from us.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Wed May 21, 2008 4:11 pm

All he said was that he would like to show Rafa what he is capable of. He also said he doesn't ask to be injured and he is more frustrated then any of you guys are over it.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Wed May 21, 2008 5:01 pm

Aussie Style wrote:He also said he doesn't ask to be injured and he is more frustrated then any of you guys are over it.

With the difference being that we all didn't get 70k a week to help alleviate that frustration.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed May 21, 2008 5:12 pm

Aussie Style wrote:All he said was that he would like to show Rafa what he is capable of. He also said he doesn't ask to be injured and he is more frustrated then any of you guys are over it.

No coincidence of course that the 2 posters who are defending Kewell happen to be his countrymen! :D

Listen fella if Kewell wanted to show Rafa what he was capable of he was handed the chance,he refused the contract because he was being offered less money.Which in my opinion after getting paid millions over the years by LFC for doing nothing was the lowest of the low!

Hes a fuc'king money grabbing bog rat!
LFC are better off without players with his mentality.
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Wed May 21, 2008 5:17 pm

seconds to that number 9, i hate to admit it, but when he was signed i was sceptical about it but i thank to god that my suspicions where right another little money grabber, we should of realised that when he left leeds so quickly and desperately when they went down hill, which might i say was unfortunate, in many many ways for leeds, but atleast they got rid of the greedy little money grabber, that was probs the silver lining on the cloud!!
flamingpoe

Postby JC_81 » Wed May 21, 2008 5:24 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Aussie Style wrote:All he said was that he would like to show Rafa what he is capable of. He also said he doesn't ask to be injured and he is more frustrated then any of you guys are over it.

No coincidence of course that the 2 posters who are defending Kewell happen to be his countrymen! :D

Listen fella if Kewell wanted to show Rafa what he was capable of he was handed the chance,he refused the contract because he was being offered less money.Which in my opinion after getting paid millions over the years by LFC for doing nothing was the lowest of the low!

Hes a fuc'king money grabbing bog rat!
LFC are better off without players with his mentality.

No one puts it as elegantly as you Barry :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 21, 2008 6:06 pm

Espionage wrote: I am a little upset that he has not left some kind of letter to the fans the same way that Momo and Garcia have recently.  I thought that it was a nice touch from them and if Kewell wanted to show a bit of class he could give a few apologies as he still owes this club a lot.

After completing his move from Liverpool to Juventus Momo Sissoko has taken time out to send this heart-felt message to Reds fans all over the world. 
As soon as I arrived in Liverpool I realised how much this team meant.

Now, after two and a half years I have to say goodbye and I can't hide the great sorrow I feel in leaving one of the best clubs in Europe.

Liverpool FC as a club, its fans, its coaches and my team-mates have together helped me to become a better player and, above all, a better person.

Liverpool FC is one of the greatest. The Liverpool fans never desert their team.

Even in the worst moments you have a strong sense that the fans are with you, supporting you as much as they can, never giving up, those fans make Liverpool even stronger. I really want to thank them for helping me to feel and to understand what football means in its purest form.

I also think Liverpool FC functions this way because of its leaders; Rafael Benitez works from dawn to dusk, and the players know they must fight for the red shirt in every second of every match.

Now I am beginning a new adventure in another big European Club in Juventus. They have also now put their faith in me.

I shall play to my best in every single match, I shall fight hard for my new shirt to the end, but when every match is finished, I know what I'll do first - I shall ask about the results of Liverpool FC.

Everybody knows the legend "You'll Never Walk Alone" and I shall never ever forget the experience and the team.

I want to thank everyone for the opportunity and wish everyone all the best for the future.

With my best regards,
Mohammed Sissoko

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Reds,

First of all I'd like to apologise for not having been back in touch sooner, but I needed to take some time to take on board all the recent changes and then to put down these words for you.

I'm sure you will understand.

I would rather this be a letter of thanks and gratitude, not simply a goodbye.

Yes, thats right, gratitude, because that is the word that best sums up my feelings for you all.

Taking the decision to change clubs hasn't been easy. Not easy at all.

I've experienced three fantastic years at the club and in the city. Three years in which together, the fans and the team, we have accomplished some fantastic achievements, and I'm sure that these successes will continue to be repeated in the near future.

You know that I like a challenge and that I don't just settle for second best.

Back then Liverpool Football Club gave me the opportunity to be part of an ambitious plan to put the Reds back at the summit of the game.

I think that together we managed to achieve that.

As I said, I do like challenges and in spite of the fact that at that time I was playing for my home town club, one of the biggest in the world, I wanted to be a part of that project that was being presented to me by Liverpool, and so I accepted the challenge.

Now, after three seasons in the Premier League and having won some major trophies, the chance came up for me to return to La Liga and be part of a new project at a club I already knew.

The idea of enjoying things in a Spanish club like we experienced together at Liverpool over these last three years appealed to me, and thats why I accepted the offer.

I want to thank everyone working at Liverpool Football Club for how well they have treated both my family and I, making us feel at home from the very first day to the last.

I also want to thank the management, coaching staff and directors for the opportunity they gave me back then to be part of such an important and well-loved club as Liverpool. A club which has helped me to grow as a footballer and where to date I have enjoyed the biggest success of my career.

Without a doubt, this success has been possible thanks to the outstanding group of players with whom Ive been able to share a dressing room over the last three seasons.

I'm not going to mention anyone specifically, because I think that the secret of this team's success has been exactly that: nobody wanted to stand out above the rest and there has always been a great togetherness in the squad, which made it into something more than a group of players, it was a group of friends.

Thanks to all of you for your help and your friendship.

I've left until last the thank you which for me is the most important: Thank you to the supporters.

Your support allowed me to settle quickly at both the club and in the city, and you made me feel really at ease with you all right from the word go; that's the kind of help that you notice most of all during the difficult times, of which there have been a few during my time here.

I'd like to especially thank you for making up a song for me and you should know that every time I heard you singing it, it was like an extra injection of strength and motivation, even helping me to overcome pain occasionally during a game.

Your unconditional support is the thing that ensures that this team manages to pull through in the most difficult circumstances; and I can assure you that the whole squad is aware of this and thanks you for it.

A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters.

Because if one thing has remained obvious to me after these few years, it's that with supporters like you, Liverpool Football Club will never walk alone.

I really hope that the club wins lots of major trophies in the future; I'll be following it all from a distance, with the pride that you can only get from having been a Red and played for the home team at Anfield – a ground that every football fan must visit at least once in their life.

Thank you for everything. Yours most sincerely,

Your friend, Luís García

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gday possums,

Wasnt my fault I was always injured,
I'll show you pommies, I am not a greedy b@stard,

You aint seen the best of me yet Rafa, you'll be sorry now you have stopped my 70 grand a week in wages.

Lots of love Harry  kangaroo Kewell
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed May 21, 2008 6:44 pm

:laugh: :laugh:

Oh Holy Fu'ck!!

"Harry Kangaroo Kewell" :D
Bounce off a cliff ya bast'ard!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed May 21, 2008 7:02 pm

Maybe it was his fault he was always injured............. It's funny how a cup final seemed to be just the tonic for a comeback. But even so what the furk has it not being his fault he's always injured got to do with the price of petrol? Is he implying it was Liverpool's fault and they should be happy to fund him until he's fit? We're not blaming him for his fitness, we're assessing the worth of an injury prone player to the club and looking to free up his wages for someone who isn't injury prone.

Maybe it would be a good time for him to go and join a club in the A-league or whatever they call the soccer league down under. All these aussies coming to Europe and plying their trade, and not for the money of course, rather than try and help out their domestic league. They're not the only ones, but it's funny how money attracts the players yet they're never in it for the money............................

And as someone pointed out, if he loves Liverpool he would have taken a pay cut. Does anyone know if God was offered a contract, I suspect if he was he would have taken it?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 21, 2008 7:17 pm

edit.
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed May 21, 2008 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:08 am

anyone else watching the australia match? Harry Kewell is the best player on the team by far, scored a goal and been ni the middle of everything. wtf is his problem with club football lol. hes one player i will never fathom
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion