THE OFFICIAL Harry Kewell thread - All discussion in here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:01 pm

It's shocking when u notice that kewell is our player with the most assit in the champions league with 3 and even more when u see the amount of playing time he has had
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:20 pm

Toffeehater wrote:It's shocking when u notice that kewell is our player with the most assit in the champions league with 3 and even more when u see the amount of playing time he has had

Not if you consider the scorelines in his three appearances were 8-0, 4-1 and 4-0 and NINE goals were scored while he was on the pitch. That's not a bad contribution, 1 in 3 assists, but bear in mind the opposition were bad enough defensively to concede 16 goals in 3 games and score only once themselves
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seano Kop » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:18 pm

Owzat wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:It's shocking when u notice that kewell is our player with the most assit in the champions league with 3 and even more when u see the amount of playing time he has had

Not if you consider the scorelines in his three appearances were 8-0, 4-1 and 4-0 and NINE goals were scored while he was on the pitch. That's not a bad contribution, 1 in 3 assists, but bear in mind the opposition were bad enough defensively to concede 16 goals in 3 games and score only once themselves

So you're saying..

When Harry plays we score plenty and the opposition scores few?
Seano Kop

Postby PhiLFC » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:23 pm

what a waste of talent and what a waste of all those £'s... on a par with Collymore
PhiLFC

Postby JBM » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:06 am

Owzat wrote:
Torres 2007 wrote:I just feel he is awful in ever sense of the word.

Any good form he showed at Leeds he left there when he signed for LFC.

Rafa has let so many other players go before Harry. I.E: Garcia, Bellamy, Sissoko, Carson, and a lot more.

then why is Harry so special? he has not done enough.

if he does ghet another game for the first team he should play like Maradonna or say goodbye

A different question for everyone, do you think we'd have been better off if we had signed Duff instead? Both have had injury problems, Duff showed enough at Chelsea that he might have solved problems on one side of the field and maybe we could have had a midfield now of Gerrard, Duff, Alonso and Mascherano

Only if Duff had brought the form he has brought to Newcastle, Would rather have Kewell Drunk playing on one leg
JBM

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:49 am

Seano Kop wrote:
Owzat wrote:

So you're saying..

When Harry plays we score plenty and the opposition scores few?

Did I say that? I was pointing out that Kewell has three assists, as pointed out by TH, because he played in three high scoring encounters. I've mentioned THREE games, hardly representative of his overall impact - not forgetting that he isn't the only player in the XI and so assuming it is entirely down to his presence that we whallop opponents would be foolish to say the least (some will try and do it, at least one has and probably some way back in this thread)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBM » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:16 am

Hunt for Kewell is on
4 April 2008 |

Kewell appears to be set for a move away from England (Getty Images)

Harry Kewell’s injury ravaged stint at Liverpool may be coming to an end but that has only resulted in increased interest for his services from some of Europe’s biggest clubs.

AC Milan have been heavily linked with the 29-year-old Socceroos star with Italian super-agent Giovanni Branchini - who helped seal Ronaldo’s move to the San Siro and land Fabio Capello the England job - a big hitter in player recruitment at Milanello. He is also a partner of Kewell’s agent Bernie Mandic.

Former Australian national team goalkeeper Zeljko Kalac has established himself as the Rossoneri’s first-choice this season and Kewell would have the perfect tour guide should a switch to Milan eventuate.

However, Milan are not the only Italian club chasing the attacking midfielder with Juventus and another Serie A outfit touted as possible destinations.

Turin giants Juventus are also in the hunt with Bianconeri coach Claudio Ranieri a long-time admirer of Kewell’s talent.

In assistant Christian Damiano - who worked under Gerard Houllier at Liverpool when Kewell arrived in 2003 - Ranieri also has an insider that knows just how good the Australian ace can be.

Despite having played less than 20 games for Liverpool during the past two seasons Kewell remains hot property on the transfer market with La Liga sides Valencia - a team in transition since the arrival of coach Ronald Koeman this season - and Sevilla keeping an eye on developments.

After a dazzling start to his Anfield career under Houllier, scoring 11 goals in 49 appearances in the 2003/04 campaign, Kewell’s career has stalled with long-term injuries seeing him spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch.

Reds boss Rafael Benitez has stuck by his Aussie charge over the years, even picking Kewell in his starting XI for the 2004/05 UEFA Champions League final win over AC Milan in which he lasted less than half an hour, but he appears to have lost patience with his $A8.7million a year winger.

The emergence of Dutchman Ryan Babel should force Kewell - who suffered yet another injury setback while on Socceroos duty against Singapore late last month - out of Liverpool but rest assured he has a plethora of first class suitors offering him another challenge.

[quote]
JBM

Postby holylamb2006 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:21 am

Hopefully we'll get a fair bit of bob out of him :D
holylamb2006

Postby Aussie Style » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:36 pm

AC Milan or Juve to pick up Harry? ??????

WTF..as if any huge clubs would go after him..hey I love the guy but that's surely a tad bizarre..
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Seano Kop » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:01 pm

AC and Juve have more money than fkn Fulham or Newcastle. So I'd like to sell him to them - we'd get more money, no matter how much he's worth.
Seano Kop

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:53 am

holylamb2006 wrote:Hopefully we'll get a fair bit of bob out of him :D

He's eaten Bob?
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:03 am

Seano Kop wrote:AC and Juve have more money than fkn Fulham or Newcastle. So I'd like to sell him to them - we'd get more money, no matter how much he's worth.

They may have more money but surely they have more sense  :p  :wwww
heimdall

Postby radun5 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:36 am

Seano Kop wrote:AC and Juve have more money than fkn Fulham or Newcastle. So I'd like to sell him to them - we'd get more money, no matter how much he's worth.

We cannot sell him, he is at the end of his contract
radun5

Postby duk » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:55 am

i do think we should attempt to keep him, not on his current wages, we should find a new left winger now though, i believe he will make a comeback and would hate to see another team get the best out of him
duk

Postby Thingy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:03 am

The best I would be willing to give him is a pay as you play contract. Cant lose really. If he carrys on like now, were not losing out. And if he plays well, weve got a decent player on our hands.
Thingy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion