THE OFFICIAL Harry Kewell thread - All discussion in here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:21 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:
Big Niall wrote:I think he must have the most undeserving medal collection in history.

I contributed as much to us winning the champions league as he did - where's my medal? :D  - FA cup too.

He'll probably trip in his last week in the lounge and sue LFC for a damaged nail.

Can't stand him - I've p*ssed out more spirt after a night on vodka than Harry has had here :angry:

He made one of the goals that got us back into the match against Olympiacos and tore Chelsea a new a$$hole in the FA cup semi-final with a M.O.M. display. So he did play a part in "earning" his medals.

I'd almost forgotten about that performance against Chelsea, S@int. It was similar to his performance against England. It's a shame, really. He can do it against big teams, but unfortunately he just hasn't done it enough. In fact, I think that was his only one great performance in a red shirt. I know he played well in the Derby and scored a cracking goal, but enough is enough. He's on something like 60k a week, and for me that's just disgraceful for a player to be on our books for so long earning that kind of money, without actually earning it. I want rid in the summer.

I was just looking through a thread I started a while back,

Worst Eleven

And your comment in particular:

Stunned - as were most that read it - that Garcia and Kewell were in the initial post. That's borderline WUM material to say the least.

I raise this point to ask you, as daft at the time it seemed, It does appear that although there are so many alternatives for that role, at least they attempted to "play" ! Is he one of our worst ? or just unlucky?

By far, he's not one of our worst. I never said he was a bad player. At the time, he was one of our better options and was performing well. It's just that it seems once Kewell starts to perform, he gets hit with a set back. It's not Kewell's fault. It's the club's. He should have been sold ages ago when we might have got a bit more money than we are sure to do now. Kewell is simply no good to us injured, which is what he seems to always be these days. It's a liability and detrimental to the squad overall. I've given Kewell his chances. Time to move him on.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:33 am

By far, he's not one of our worst. I never said he was a bad player. At the time, he was one of our better options and was performing well. It's just that it seems once Kewell starts to perform, he gets hit with a set back. It's not Kewell's fault. It's the club's. He should have been sold ages ago when we might have got a bit more money than we are sure to do now. Kewell is simply no good to us injured, which is what he seems to always be these days. It's a liability and detrimental to the squad overall. I've given Kewell his chances. Time to move him on.

Agree and disagree. I remember when we robbed him from leeds, £3 million, I was laughing but since then we have been robbed, as good a player he is, and his talent is under no doubt, he for me has been one of our worst signings because he is always injured, even now, he just cannot keep fit. He finds his fitness for his national team, and his form, but for us, its like hes taking the wee wee ( in the most polite form I can find ! ). When he joined LFC, his retirement plan kicked in.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:40 am

Dunno what Harry did, he must have taken over Jamie Redknapps locker or something.

What a waste of talent and very disappointing. I was so made up to see him arrive from Leeds for a steal. Even worse he looked to be back and developing a good understanding with Torres for briefest of moments. Time to move on though
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBM » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:07 am

laza wrote:Dunno what Harry did, he must have taken over Jamie Redknapps locker or something.

What a waste of talent and very disappointing. I was so made up to see him arrive from Leeds for a steal. Even worse he looked to be back and developing a good understanding with Torres for briefest of moments. Time to move on though

100% agree, Leeds valued Harry at 50 Million quid and looking at raw talent alone he was probably worth that, You have to respect the belief he showed in signing for Liverpool (who never looked like winning anything 5 years ago) ahead of the likes of Man United, Chelsea, Milan and Barcelona for a lot less cash, I think a lot of people forget this.

Your correct he looked to have a good understanding with Torres and for me the biggest dissapointment during his career at Liverpool was not seeing an injury free Kewell build upon a really solid start to this season.

I think Benetiz has always recognised the exceptional ability Kewell posseses and for this reason has stuck by his underacheiving star, but surely now even his patience has worn through.
JBM

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:40 am

JBM wrote:
laza wrote:Dunno what Harry did, he must have taken over Jamie Redknapps locker or something.

100% agree, Leeds valued Harry at 50 Million quid and looking at raw talent alone he was probably worth that.

He was never worth £50m. £15-20m tops when he was at Leeds.
LFC2007

Postby AussieKopite » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:45 am

I wouldn't offer Kewell a new contract, unless it was an effort to get a transfer fee.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:28 am

He probably realises this is as high a level as he's likely to play at from now until the end of his career so there is a chance we could get him to sign a one year deal. BUT if he's keen to stay, enough to sign a contract, then it's possible he'll scupper any hopes of selling him.

Personally I think Rafa and the board have written him off as a loss, knowing even if we could sell him we'd be unlikely to get more than £2m for him. I might try giving him a pay as you play contract, don't think he'd be fool enough to go for it.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:17 pm

Some of you blokes need to realise, that yeah all the fans are frustrated by Harry's time at the club, he had so much potential, could've been anything, unfortunately he has had injury after injury and hasn't been able to trust his body, which is a horrible thing for a sportman, but NO ONE is more frusrated and dissapointed in the last few years then Harry Kewell himself. The guy is gutted, no matter what you wanna believe. He loves the game and he loves the club. I am positive he would accept a pay as you play contract if offered. More then I want to see him stay at the Red's, I just want to see him stay injury free for an extended period of time. with a bit of luck, and god knows he needs a break, he'll get to build up some form for once and get out on the pitch and do what he loves to do, at Liverpool or elsewhere.
Come to Melbourne Victory H I'd love to watch ya live each week.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Torres 2007 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:48 pm

I just feel he is awful in ever sense of the word.

Any good form he showed at Leeds he left there when he signed for LFC.

Rafa has let so many other players go before Harry. I.E: Garcia, Bellamy, Sissoko, Carson, and a lot more.

then why is Harry so special? he has not done enough.

if he does ghet another game for the first team he should play like Maradonna or say goodbye
Torres 2007

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:57 am

he's gone , no wayw ill rafa sign him unless he agress to pay as you play contract
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:14 am

ok he might be injured now, even if Rafa has made up his mind for not offering a new contract, there's no reason why he shouldn't get any games at the moment.
oakton

Postby bigmick » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:43 am

If Rafa was still "styling it bigstyle" the he might have had an outside chance of making a cameo appearance in one of the big games coming up, rising like a pheonix from the ashes before breaking a fingernail and retreating back inside his puffa jacket on the bench. As it is though, I think he's probably played his last game for Liverpool.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:51 am

bigmick wrote:If Rafa was still "styling it bigstyle" the he might have had an outside chance of making a cameo appearance in one of the big games coming up, rising like a pheonix from the ashes before breaking a fingernail and retreating back inside his puffa jacket on the bench. As it is though, I think he's probably played his last game for Liverpool.

come on bigmick, you know if we get to the CL final he'll probably get picked to start before limping off after 20 minutes. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:07 am

i've always been a big fan and a staunch defender of kewell. early on in his last come back he was a breath of fresh air, seemed to have a good understanding with torres and was like having a new signing. surely that was his last chance though and a dip in form followed by yet another injury has surely signalled the end of his playing career, at least for liverpool. if he leaves us though, who the hell is he going to play for, a championship club on a free?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:58 am

Torres 2007 wrote:I just feel he is awful in ever sense of the word.

Any good form he showed at Leeds he left there when he signed for LFC.

Rafa has let so many other players go before Harry. I.E: Garcia, Bellamy, Sissoko, Carson, and a lot more.

then why is Harry so special? he has not done enough.

if he does ghet another game for the first team he should play like Maradonna or say goodbye

A different question for everyone, do you think we'd have been better off if we had signed Duff instead? Both have had injury problems, Duff showed enough at Chelsea that he might have solved problems on one side of the field and maybe we could have had a midfield now of Gerrard, Duff, Alonso and Mascherano
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion