THE OFFICIAL Harry Kewell thread - All discussion in here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:34 am

There'd be no point even trying to get him on a pay as you play contract. He's not that stupid and would you want to play him? He's not been missed, his fitness is questionable and there's no way a professional footballer would sacrifice a fixed wage just to play for us from time to time.

Best to let him go, sell off Riise and really just keep those players from the Houllier regime worth keeping which would be Finnan, Gerrard, Carra and it looks like Sami gets one more year at least. Rather says a lot about Houllier's signings, the next Zidane, the next Henry, the next one out the door more like
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:25 am

Owzat wrote:There'd be no point even trying to get him on a pay as you play contract. He's not that stupid and would you want to play him? He's not been missed, his fitness is questionable and there's no way a professional footballer would sacrifice a fixed wage just to play for us from time to time.

Best to let him go, sell off Riise and really just keep those players from the Houllier regime worth keeping which would be Finnan, Gerrard, Carra and it looks like Sami gets one more year at least. Rather says a lot about Houllier's signings, the next Zidane, the next Henry, the next one out the door more like

Love it when you read any quotes attributed to Houllier, he always throws in the "I discovered Steven Gerrard." gem doesn't he?
jonnymac1979

Postby puroresu » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:28 am

If we get to Moscow Kewell will be fit.
puroresu

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:39 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:
Owzat wrote:There'd be no point even trying to get him on a pay as you play contract. He's not that stupid and would you want to play him? He's not been missed, his fitness is questionable and there's no way a professional footballer would sacrifice a fixed wage just to play for us from time to time.

Love it when you read any quotes attributed to Houllier, he always throws in the "I discovered Steven Gerrard." gem doesn't he?

My personal favourite is that he tried to claim some part in Rafa winning the Champions League
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seano Kop » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:05 am

Offer him a one year per-game-wage contract
Seano Kop

Postby Aussie Style » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:34 am

I hope he stays, I'd imagine he has enough cash and investments to be able to accept a pay as you play contract.

If he loves the club like he apparently does he should take the pay as you play contract and prove himself again.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby PhiLFC » Fri May 09, 2008 12:41 pm

Aussie Style wrote:I hope he stays, I'd imagine he has enough cash and investments to be able to accept a pay as you play contract.

If he loves the club like he apparently does he should take the pay as you play contract and prove himself again.

:D famous last words
PhiLFC

Postby Seano Kop » Fri May 09, 2008 1:27 pm

Well Harry's gawn.

Good luck with the rest of your career mate, and come to the A-League one day and join the Victory!

Oh - and staying on until at least the end of the next World Cup would be great :laugh:

Again, good luck wherever else you go. Still love ya Harry!!
Seano Kop

Postby Dundalk » Tue May 20, 2008 11:36 am

Harry Kewell has rejected criticism that he was an expensive flop at Liverpool.

The Australian international was released by Liverpool earlier this month after his contract expired at Anfield.

Kewell saw his five years at Anfield blighted by injury, with the winger failing to hit the heights he did at previous club Leeds.

The 29-year-old has come in for criticism from the media for his disappointing spell on Merseyside, but Kewell is refusing to be made a scapegoat.

"There are always scapegoats, there are always people they want to blame," Kewell told reporters in Australia ahead of his country's friendly against Ghana.

"It's unfortunate I was one of them because I didn't put my hand up to get injured. It's a shame because I haven't done nothing wrong.

"It's something that they live and die for over there.

"They want to write things that aren't nice, but you just don't read it and you get on with your life."

Kewell says injuries prevented him from showing his true worth to Liverpool fans and he claims he would like to recapture his best form to prove a point to Reds boss Rafa Benitez.

"The one person I would like to show is probably my old manager," added Kewell.

"I didn't get a chance to show him a lot of what I could do. It would be great just to show him what I was capable of doing."

Portsmouth have been linked with a move for Kewell, but the Australian says he is keeping all his options open.

"I have never shied away from going abroad, playing in the Premiership or playing anywhere," concluded Kewell.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue May 20, 2008 12:43 pm

What a to$$er - good riddance
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue May 20, 2008 3:43 pm

He'll rejoin Leeds.

He'll bankrupt Ken Bates by demanding 200K a week.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Tue May 20, 2008 3:50 pm

goodbye harry, one of the biggest anti-climaxes we've bought.

if he has any sort of good season with another team i will be :censored: off
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Tue May 20, 2008 6:08 pm

Oh, he's gone now, is he?

Never even noticed.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Tue May 20, 2008 7:15 pm

How da hell can he slate Rafa. The man gave him a chance in every final of importance since he has been here and if that's not to put faith in someone I don't know what is. I hope the door hits you.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue May 20, 2008 11:01 pm

Kukilon wrote:How da hell can he slate Rafa. The man gave him a chance in every final of importance since he has been here and if that's not to put faith in someone I don't know what is. I hope the door hits you.

Spot on mate.

Rafa showed faith in Kewell in matches where most of us fans raised eyebrows at his inclusion.  How he can then say he has a point to prove to 'his old manager' is outrageous.

I've really changed my opinion of Kewell after what he's said and done over the past few weeks.  First rejecting a reduced contract and then these comments.  He's a money grabbing tw@t.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion