ROBBIE KEANE: Official Thread - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:04 pm

He looked more confident after setting up the first goal. He is just lacking in confidence I think. Still dont think his price tag has been warranted yet.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Almighty Red » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:12 pm

banana wrote:
banana wrote:I have already said it and received massive criticism;

Keane is average.

Spending 18 millions on that is ridiculous. With 18 millions you expect a young quick hungry striker with good attitude and winner mentality.

Evans had Heskey
Houllier had Diouf
Now Benitez may have made a similar mistake (which will cost him his manager job eventually?)

So you still wanna prove me wrong on this ff? I spot this immediately. Some need years to open their eyes.

Congrats; we have two Kuyts!

A) Houllier signed Heskey, not Evans.
B) Isn't it rather foolish to compare Diouf and Keane? When did you ever see Diouf actually work hard? Or Keane spit at players?
Almighty Red

Postby Rush Job » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:59 am

He really needs a goal, sooner the better because its affecting his (and our) game.
The ball is to often like a comfort blanket that he`s not willing to let go, he`s taking to many touches, he twice picked the ball up and ended taking it back into midfield instead of just popping it wide and getting into the box, he`s making that classic mistake of trying to do to much and it ends up effecting the flow of the move.
Thing is though he`s not really getting the chances, a couple agast Stoke he could of done better with but apart from that i can only think of one or two more, he`ll be a different player with a goal or two but we cant expect him to create and score his own goals especially when he`s expected to create for others.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:49 am

Liverpool's Gerrard reveals Keane 'pick-me-up' after derby blank
29.09.08 | tribalfootball.com

Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard has revealed he gave Robbie Keane a 'pick-me-up' after he drew another blank in Saturday's win at Everton.

"I sat next to him and just told him he had been magnificent," said the Liverpool skipper. "I felt it was worth doing that, because he had put in another selfless performance, full of running and hard work for the team and it deserved some recognition. 'The ball he put on a plate for Nando was top drawer and if he keeps contributing like that, everyone will be delighted.

"Nando may have got man of the match, but Robbie was a genuine contender in my book. He was outstanding and you just know that once he gets off the mark, the goals will flow."
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonny. » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:07 am

I think people are focussing too much on Keanes price tag and the need for him to score 30 goals or whatever this season to prove his worth, I doubt Rafa simply had goals on his mind when he signed Keane I would say he was looking more for a support player to Torres, someone to do the hard yards and and create openings for Torres and space for Gerrard etc, and to be fair I think Keane is doing exactly that. For me the bigger question is will Keane be more effective in that position then Gerrard was for a lot of last season, and in particular are we getting full value out of Gerrard playing a deeper role?
jonny.

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:56 am

makes a mockery of the people before the game who were blaming torres' lack of form on the fact that he was playing upfront in a 4-4-2.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Keane will score loads of goals this season.

Until he starts, he'll make goals for Nando.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:03 pm

He needs to score, it's taking a bit too long but once he does him and torres will play a lot better together.  I feel for the guy though, he's working hard running around a lot but it's just not happening for him yet I hope it does wednesday then continues this weekend.
Last edited by Zidane on Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zidane

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:12 pm

He needs a couple of goals to settle and I think he'll be a very good foil for Torres while also being able to contribute himself.

People saying he's average are clueless and the same people who slated other good players in the past. He's quite simply a good player (not a top class one) who will contribute in terms of goals and link up play through out the season.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:12 pm

puroresu wrote:I think its a bit overpriced but at the same time I think Keane will do very well for us!!!

you changed your mind quick
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:15 pm

Fo Dne wrote:People saying he's average are clueless and the same people who slated other good players in the past. He's quite simply a good player (not a top class one) who will contribute in terms of goals and link up play through out the season.

People saying "people saying he's average are clueless" are clueless  :rasp I'd like to see your list of "good players" compared to the same list of "average" ones

Nice theory re his contribution, Rafa rates him so much he's played about 75 mins in the last five games! Any ideas why there's an official thread not merged with the "I know it's early but" one?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:19 pm

No idea but that other one's the hot thread so we'll just shut this one...
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion