Transfer deja vu - Ins and outs

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby alessandromagno » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:33 pm

Got to say that so far, I'm not impressed. If Rafa has a fault (and of course he has many like all of us), it's a tendency to undervalue the individual contribution--and also a Latin quality that he shares with Gerrard Houllier, that involves taking unreasonable likings and dislikings to players not really based on valid football reasons.

Now this is a prelude to talk about movement on the transfer market thgis close season--or lack of it! So far, I'm reminded of last year--lots of talk but not much action. Now, it's true that great players at reasonable prices are not exactly hanging off the trees. So why is Rafa so determined to get rid of Cisse and Hamman? Not to mention the repatriation of Morientes. One can understand the repatriation of Moro--but Cisse and Hamman? I think there's a good chance that we wouldn't have won either final over the last two years without the German. What if Sissoko gets injured or loses form?

Finally, why can Newcastle and other teams that never win anything pay money up front, while we seem to be always looking for the cheapest option available. I would believe that part of the explanation for the last question is that this is the way Rafa likes to do business. He likes young players he can mould or little known players who will do a job. He seems uneasy with proven stars like Owen, Gerrard and Hamman.

End of rant. Buy us some quality Rafa--and don't let Hamman go!
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:35 pm

Ok..im sure we just had a thread like this..deja vu indeed

I dont have a clue who Rafas going to buy and im sick of all the speculation but if i had to say then i would prefer if we brought in Alves for the right wing, not sure about the strikers, none of our available options look good enough
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:36 pm

AND IT GOT LOCKED. JUST LIKE THIS ONE PROBALLY WILL! :D
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:37 pm

So that's your best comment?
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:38 pm

alessandromagno wrote:So that's your best comment?

I added a bit on  :D  But yeah we just had a thread like this that got locked and that was already one thread too much on this subject
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby alessandromagno » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:39 pm

Who cares if there were other posts like this? I couldn't find them. I'd guess many supporters are feeling the same way right now.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:43 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Who cares if there were other posts like this? I couldn't find them. I'd guess many supporters are feeling the same way right now.

I CARE!  :D  Its so annoying to read the same thing over and over again, try looking around a bit for similiar posts, you'll find there are many
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby alessandromagno » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:46 pm

Well I haven't read them, so I'm just stating MY opinion. Feel free to go on to another thread, where you can talk about more important things associated with LFC, like..er..er...What?
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:02 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Got to say that so far, I'm not impressed. If Rafa has a fault (and of course he has many like all of us), it's a tendency to undervalue the individual contribution--and also a Latin quality that he shares with Gerrard Houllier, that involves taking unreasonable likings and dislikings to players not really based on valid football reasons.

Now this is a prelude to talk about movement on the transfer market thgis close season--or lack of it! So far, I'm reminded of last year--lots of talk but not much action. Now, it's true that great players at reasonable prices are not exactly hanging off the trees. So why is Rafa so determined to get rid of Cisse and Hamman? Not to mention the repatriation of Morientes. One can understand the repatriation of Moro--but Cisse and Hamman? I think there's a good chance that we wouldn't have won either final over the last two years without the German. What if Sissoko gets injured or loses form?

Finally, why can Newcastle and other teams that never win anything pay money up front, while we seem to be always looking for the cheapest option available. I would believe that part of the explanation for the last question is that this is the way Rafa likes to do business. He likes young players he can mould or little known players who will do a job. He seems uneasy with proven stars like Owen, Gerrard and Hamman.

Not sure if I understand the point of your "rant" .Correct me if i'm wrong but it seems to boil down to the fact that you want Rafa to sign some "proven" name like Morientes , and for him to stop pussyfooting around with the signing of lesser known names like Alonso and Sissoko ? .

:laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:19 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
alessandromagno wrote:Got to say that so far, I'm not impressed. If Rafa has a fault (and of course he has many like all of us), it's a tendency to undervalue the individual contribution--and also a Latin quality that he shares with Gerrard Houllier, that involves taking unreasonable likings and dislikings to players not really based on valid football reasons.

Not sure if I understand the point of your "rant" .Correct me if i'm wrong but it seems to boil down to the fact that you want Rafa to sign some "proven" name like Morientes , and for him to stop pussyfooting around with the signing of lesser known names like Alonso and Sissoko ? .

:laugh:

i think we should buy some stars from the World cup...just like Diouf and Diao.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:26 pm

I think the main point was to ask why is Rafa happy to let Hamman go?
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:03 pm

Anyone think letting Hamman go is a good idea?
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:03 pm

alessandromagno wrote:I think the main point was to ask why is Rafa happy to let Hamman go?

I don't think he's 'happy to let Hamman go' but Rafa is trying to build a younger squad, I think if Sissoko was at Anfield maybe Didi would stay for another season or so but with Momo playing so well Rafa will probably be trying to get the wage bills down.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:18 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Anyone think letting Hamman go is a good idea?

i don't think Rafa has said he must go.  I think its just a case that Hamman is 32 and he's going to struggle to get regular 1st team football.  I think he's been told this and if he wants to play regular, it won't be at anfield.  I would love for him to stay 1 more year, but to be honest, this might be the right time for him to go.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:20 pm

OK, but what if Sissoko gets injured or loses form? Hamman deserves his wages. Let him take them for one more year. No doubt he'll make a few critical performances again.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion