Essien charged by uefa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby greenred » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:41 pm

Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien has been charged by UEFA following his tackle on Liverpool's Dietmar Hamann in Tuesday's Champions League clash at Stamford Bridge.

The Ghana international caught the German midfielder below the knee after a late challenge during the goalless draw but was not punished by the referee.

The 23-year-old summer signing from Lyon will face a charge of gross sporting misconduct at a hearing on December 15.(sporting Life)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Hopefully the fecker will get a three match ban at least
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby inglis5 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:03 pm

At last, UEFA are showing some balls. Essien deserves whatever he gets.

It is amazing the amount of Chelsea fans who I've spoken to who absolutely refuse to condemn Essien for the tackle. They trot out the same rubbish that Mourinho spouted after the game - 'I didn't see it... Sissoko's was worse... Hamann's no angel'. I agree that some of our players are no angels but the game doesn't need it. I don't care if they play for Chelsea, Man U, Everton OR Liverpool if they cheat, they should be banned.

I hope now that this retrospective citing of player may start to cut some of the rubbish out of the game. Let's get rid of these cowardly tackles first and then hope that UEFA turn their attention to the other forms of cheating (diving / playacting / feigning injury) currently plaguing the game.
inglis5

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:13 pm

Bad tackle, but I cant support the public hanging of a player by UEFA/FIFA who are a bunch of idiots anyway.

The best course of action would have been if Mourinho was to say he saw the incident, it was not acceptable and the club would deal with him, then have a quiet word.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:23 pm

Its been known in incidents like this after the heat of a match the offending player issues an apology or his club do on his behalf!
Hamman has stated that no apology was made!
It was a disgusting tackle and i would be disgusted if one of our players had done it on an opponent!
Leon has a point that Fifa and Uefa are a bunch of idiots,but all sports need some sort of governing body whether we like them or not!

Throw the book at the Cu.nt as we all know this aint the 1st time! He done a similar tackle on Ben Haim of Bolton!
Essien or needs a stern lesson before he ends the career of a talented footballer!!
66-1120597113

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:25 pm

what makes it more unbelievable is the position of the referee. how the hell can the thug get away with it? :no

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:28 pm

stmichael wrote:what makes it more unbelievable is the position of the referee. how the hell can the thug get away with it? :no

And he actually looked round after to see what damage he done!! He would have got a little respect if he had been man enough to apologise!!
Another good reason to detest Chelsea more
:censored:!
:angry:
66-1120597113

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:28 pm

stmichael wrote:what makes it more unbelievable is the position of the referee. how the hell can the thug get away with it? :no

The ref goes round the back of Didi at the moment of impact, there can be no blame laid at the referees door for missing it.

His assistants, thats another matter.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:29 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Bad tackle, but I cant support the public hanging of a player by UEFA/FIFA who are a bunch of idiots anyway.

The best course of action would have been if Mourinho was to say he saw the incident, it was not acceptable and the club would deal with him, then have a quiet word.

I COMPLETELY and utterly disagree with you Leon.

It wasn't just any normal hard tackle that can be just forgotten about, it was an intentional career THREATENING tackle....Appaling....and Essien absolutely deserves a public hanging....

It's ok because YOU where not on the end of it....

Essien is stupid and vicious, that was criminal man, I was absolutely FUMING :angry:

I'm still just as furious.

Essien should be banned for the rest of the season, and be made an example of. :angry: :angry:
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:33 pm

Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Bad tackle, but I cant support the public hanging of a player by UEFA/FIFA who are a bunch of idiots anyway.

It wasn't just any normal hard tackle that can be just forgotten about, it was an intentional career THREATENING tackle....Appaling....and Essien absolutely deserves a public hanging....

Essien is stupid and vicious, that was criminal man, I was absolutely FUMING :angry:

Essien should be banned for the rest of the season, and be made an example of. :angry: :angry:

BOO Fuc.king HOO.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:41 pm

Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:

it was a shocker but i cant help but think such a big deals being made of this by uefa because of their spat with mourinho and chelsea.
okay ban him, but apparently sepp blatter`s had a few comments about it and i bet you mourinho and his backroom staff`s conduct during the barca game last year has as much to do with uefa sticking their oar in as the tackle itself.
graeme souness used to do one of those every game for rangers.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:44 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:

BOO Fuc.king HOO.

errrm yes BOO FU(KING HOO, what an intelligent reply :laugh:

Perhaps Essien should tackle you like that and you really will be crying!  :p
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:45 pm

It should have been a straight red card!

So basically going by the rules he should get a 3 match ban.

Most importantly the Kaiser is hard as nails so therefore fine n dandy!
No point us whinging about it now!
66-1120597113

Postby Garymac » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:49 pm

Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:

Ive said this in one thread and ill say it again, when Hamann produced a similar tackle on damien Francis last year, did you want the book threw at hamann, hes made a bad tackle and UEFA are dealing with it, get over it for f*ck sake, if a liverpool player made that tackle and uefa banned them for a season, id like to see your reaction then.

Essiens tackle was dreadful, he should have got red carded, but he never, Essien went for him and got him, but it could have been worse.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:52 pm

Essien needs some spanking!  :angry:

He deserves a ban and it was a hard tackle on hamann.

if he broke his leg it would have been worst
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:05 pm

He should be banned from the CL for the remainder of the season.
Football has worked hard to get rid of the animal off the terraces - we dont need them on the pitch.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion