BOLTON VS LIVERPOOL - 29/08/09 - 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bigmick » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:05 am

Jon this thing of being called fickle and having your support questioned is obviously new to you mate but I shouldn't worry about it too much. it tends to used when people can't think of anything else to say, and you do get used to it after a bit. The next step on from not being a "real" fan is to be accused of Supporting Man Utd, or of "hating Rafa with a passion", but you probably won't get any of that I shouldn't think.

As for the other stuff don't worry about it.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:44 am

SupitsJonF wrote:
Nando26 wrote:
SupitsJonF wrote:
ken_job wrote:Im sick of following matches on this site...

Nothing but people insulting the team, the manager or eachother...never anything constructive.....goodbye

Debates often have 2 sides, what kind of boring debates are you having?

Can you honestly say the manager doesnt deserved to be questioned after leading a title contending side to 1 win in 3 games, and was working on his 3rd loss?

Exactly mate youve just said it there 3 :censored: GAMES

Jesus Christ how fickle "supporters" r nowadays

I'm sure 2 losses and 1 win is acceptable if your Everton, but this is Liverpool.

Where did I say rafa out?  I said he needs to be questioned, because fact is 4 games in we still look like :censored: (stoke game aside) and without improving we're going no where in this league.  It's not fickle and don't question my support.

Don't worry. My sources close to Rafa tell me that he has read these boards and is taking notes from the experts.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:09 am

Emerald Red wrote:
SupitsJonF wrote:
Nando26 wrote:
SupitsJonF wrote:

Nothing but people insulting the team, the manager or eachother...never anything constructive.....goodbye

Can you honestly say the manager doesnt deserved to be questioned after leading a title contending side to 1 win in 3 games, and was working on his 3rd loss?

I'm sure 2 losses and 1 win is acceptable if your Everton, but this is Liverpool.

Where did I say rafa out?  I said he needs to be questioned, because fact is 4 games in we still look like :censored: (stoke game aside) and without improving we're going no where in this league.  It's not fickle and don't question my support.

Don't worry. My sources close to Rafa tell me that he has read these boards and is taking notes from the experts.

It's a shame he didn't start reading them about two years ago, he might have bought Arshavin and got Glen Johnson a bit cheaper than he did. Come to that, he might have bunged Gerrard into central midfield this season from game one as well. He might also have realised a few weeks back that you need four centre halves to go through a league season, not three.

As for people having a wee "worry" it's only natural really. It's the same as when you are getting spanked by all and sundry in pre season. You do get blanket throwers trying to tell you that everything is great and that in actual fact you should just shut the feck up, but unfortunately when the evidence you can see with your own eyes is confirmed in the first couple of days of the season you quickly lose faith in them.

I lost faith in them years ago unfortunately. When they told me that in actual fact I was clueless and changing the team 75 times in the first 15 matches of the season was actually perfectly sensible given our squad strength, I just couldn't believe it. When they told me that a draw at Home with Hull was nothing to get worked up about, and that they "couldn't fecking believe this place" I paid them no mind.

Losing two out of your firstfour matches is a pretty poor start by any standards. Get one of your "sources close to Rafa" to tell him that Gerrard needs to replace Lucas in central midfield Emerald, then all will be good. If he needs to know which "expert" is of that opinion, tell him that it's no "expert", just someone off the forum who's got a clue, which you need to be devoid of to not be able to see what is obvious.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:28 am

devaney wrote:Message to the The Rock! What the fk is your problem with Kuyt - he has won over nearly all of his critics - WHY THE FK IS IT TAKING YOU SO LONG TO NOTICE WHAT HE GIVES TO THE TEAM! He was one of the key reasons why we sustained a brilliant title winning challenge during the second half of last season!

As for your criticism of Benitez screwing up your team I think you need to take a few other factors into account!

Don't argue with idiots , they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience . Don't waste your breath on him , someone who thought royston drenthe would be a good signing for us  :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:22 am

GYBS wrote:I saw that interview, I think it was on SSN. He said it, don't doubt it for one minute. Made me think that there is a lack of harmony within the dressing room, bit of finger pointing and the blame game.

Or maybe the players realised they had been performing below par and decided to have a meeting about it to talk about it and decide to up their games a lot - thats how i see it .

Doesn't really fit in with the expression 'getting things off your chest' though does it? It's very much what you expect from 'clear the air' talks where people have thoughts they've kept to themselves, that "lucas is sh 1t" kind of thing, except I doubt anyone said that. The players are only human, like the rest of us, and I don't doubt they all have differing views and the superstars blame Lucas and Babel like fans on here do!

I'd be seriously worried if the players needed a meeting to work out they'd been underperforming and decided to up their game as if they just hadn't bothered previously.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando26 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:24 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:
Nando26 wrote:
SupitsJonF wrote:

Its Fickle
Nando26

Postby Nando26 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:25 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:
Nando26 wrote:
SupitsJonF wrote:

Its Fickle
Nando26

Postby Nando26 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:30 pm

bigmick wrote:Jon this thing of being called fickle and having your support questioned is obviously new to you mate but I shouldn't worry about it too much. it tends to used when people can't think of anything else to say, and you do get used to it after a bit. The next step on from not being a "real" fan is to be accused of Supporting Man Utd, or of "hating Rafa with a passion", but you probably won't get any of that I shouldn't think.

As for the other stuff don't worry about it.

Not really a case of having nothing more to say

Not every1 needs to write a novel for every post. Not everybody are so desperate for thier voice to be heard so desperate to win people over with thier opinions

Its a football thread not the house of commons mate
Nando26

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:16 pm

Match of the day highlights Bolton v Liverpool on line (no need to download)

Now our foreign posters can see just what they are missing  :D
account deleted by request

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:05 pm

Maybe Nando26 is the next super fan? :D
SupitsJonF

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:07 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:Maybe Nando26 is the next super fan? :D

Just an old poster with a new alias and a grudge
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:25 pm

He is good at the avatars though you've got to give him that, must spend hours flicking through those little movie clip sites looking for good ones. Whatever floats your boat I guess.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:59 pm

over here, there would be questions if a team DIDN"T have a team meeting after a start like that.  They (the America Sports Medis) LOVE to make a big deal of "closed doors, players only meetings"  and highlight how it always seems to turn teams around.  Real big in baseball (which doesn't make much sense to me because that is barely a team sport)
JoeTerp

Postby tubby » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:56 pm

metalhead wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Anyone hearing Stevie talk now? He said there have been a lot of "meetings this week" and "people got things of their chest".

source?

Source? It was from STevie himself mate speaking with Sky after the game.  :laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby beng » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Grade the team in game against BOLTON

http://www.voteplayers.com/Matches....33.aspx
beng

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games