BOLTON VS LIVERPOOL - 29/08/09 - 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:13 pm

heimdall wrote:
Effes wrote:Let's not forget it's the number of wins in a season that wins you the league.

We have 2 after 4 games, Man U 3, Chelsea 4.

If we win the next 3 it's game on again

yeah but isn't it also true that you have to avoid loosing too many, in that case we have played 4 lost 2!!!

Just kidding with you, but I still don't like the look of our team, the spark has gone out of it somehow, really hope Aquaman can breath some more life into it when he's fit.

Agree with you Heimdall, it does appear as if that little bit of spark has disappeared. We seem rather lerthagic, and clueless about how to step up a gear or two. A bit late to bring anyone in now, unless of course Rafa has something "magical" up his sleeve.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:19 pm

So how did we play ,couldn't watch the match as i was out studying . Hopefully will catch a replay later on . 3 points is all that matters
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:23 pm

How was we im gaggin here .how did we play . someone give me the info please
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Effes wrote:Let's not forget it's the number of wins in a season that wins you the league.

We have 2 after 4 games, Man U 3, Chelsea 4.

If we win the next 3 it's game on again

yeah but isn't it also true that you have to avoid loosing too many, in that case we have played 4 lost 2!!!

Just kidding with you, but I still don't like the look of our team, the spark has gone out of it somehow, really hope Aquaman can breath some more life into it when he's fit.

Agree with you Heimdall, it does appear as if that little bit of spark has disappeared. We seem rather lerthagic, and clueless about how to step up a gear or two. A bit late to bring anyone in now, unless of course Rafa has something "magical" up his sleeve.

Unless he`s got 10mill stashed up his sleave away from Hick`s that not going to happen.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:51 pm

NANNY RED wrote:How was we im gaggin here .how did we play . someone give me the info please

Welcome back Nanster!  We were disjointed again, IMO, and conceded two bad goals.  We got good wing play from Johnson and Riera especially but the engine room just isn't quite clicking right at the moment and Bolton looked to be settling into the spoiler routine when Davis got sent off (midway through the 2nd half).  Having the extra man provided the space that Stevie, especially, needed to operate in and things opened up more after that.  We got a lovely equalizer from Torres, following a wonderful Kuyt knockdown but we had to huff and puff for a fair while before Stevie bagged us the points with a sublime volley off a corner.  It's hard to know whether the international break will benefit or hinder us, TBPH.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:55 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:How was we im gaggin here .how did we play . someone give me the info please

Welcome back Nanster!  We were disjointed again, IMO, and conceded two bad goals.  We got good wing play from Johnson and Riera especially but the engine room just isn't quite clicking right at the moment and Bolton looked to be settling into the spoiler routine when Davis got sent off (midway through the 2nd half).  Having the extra man provided the space that Stevie, especially, needed to operate in and things opened up more after that.  We got a lovely equalizer from Torres, following a wonderful Kuyt knockdown but we had to huff and puff for a fair while before Stevie bagged us the points with a sublime volley off a corner.  It's hard to know whether the international break will benefit or hinder us, TBPH.

im still here bob im dying to see us play its all mancs on the telly here.im back next week.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:01 pm

Anyone fancy a cheeky bif for Kevin Nolan... by the way I've just watched the extended hi lights on Sky and its a joke how Lucas got so much stick.. he did ok.. no better and no worse than anyone else
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:45 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Anyone fancy a cheeky bif for Kevin Nolan... by the way I've just watched the extended hi lights on Sky and its a joke how Lucas got so much stick.. he did ok.. no better and no worse than anyone else

Lucas got stick from whom - the Bolton fans ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:01 pm

heimdall wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
GYBS wrote:
skellyred71 wrote:
GYBS wrote:Enjoy yourself skelly - your going to have so much fun here - wait till you meet the real negative people :laugh:

what they get worse its just you follow the badge you show support were not some cockney or team from the midlands we support our team thru thick and thin, we dont go calling for the managers head every ten minutes and geting on players backs aint gonna improve there performance is it lad. thanks for the welcome though ta :D

spot on mate - unfortunately not all share your view and some seem more happy when critisizing our players/managers while praising our rivals

:D

:devil:

BTW I thought we played OK today but not great, our defence looks a bit :censored: and we are back to being unimaginative again, what happened to the team which finished last season so well, I miss it. Anyway we got the vital 3 points and that is the most important thing.  :buttrock

We still can't defend a ball in the air though. Bleedin' cack at it we are...Was watching Souness on TV over here analysing our defending for one of the goals. He was visibly cringeing trying to understand Rafa's sticking to his guns over this zonal marking lark....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:13 pm

I thought Gerrard was absolutely embarrassingly poor for about 60mins or so today... Muamba played him out of the park and it didnt matter much whether Gerrard came deep to receive the ball or went high up to play as a second striker, he just wasnt able to have any sort of influence on the game... Davis gets sent off, Muamba lets Gerrard do his thing, and Gerrard is back to normal.... Didnt think he had a great game today or anything... Given the spaces Bolton provided us, and the fact that for the last 30mins of the game all they did was retreat deeper into their territory, i thought Gerrard (Torres and Benny too) should have done much better... He missed the target a few times when he had space and time from excellent positions...

When it comes to other players, i thought Mascherano, Lucas, and Kuyt could have all offered more in the first 60mins or so of the game.. Kuyt had very little to do down the right and most of his work came from deeper areas.. thought his performance improved drastically after the sending off (as someone said, we look like world beaters against lower table sides with 10men) and he did very well to setup Torres today... Mascherano should have ventured forward a little more given that Gerrard was getting marked out of the game and elected to come deep to try and lose his marker more often than not. He didnt, not with any authority anyways.. Lucas is a funny one, he didnt have a bad game, but he wasnt impressive either... Was tidy (seems to be his middle name) but lacked creativity and i thought he too should have gone forward to recieve the ball higher up more than he did.. he didnt miss many passes (probably why Rafa kept him on the pitch instead of Mascherano) and didnt make any big mistakes... still think the midfield pairing isnt working and the longer we persist with it, the more likely it is we'll drop more and more points sooner or later...

Which brings us to the defense... Many seem to be slagging off the new Greek, personally, i think Cara was much worse... there isnt much to be said there... theyre simply not performing to top standards and until they do, we'll keep leaking points... its one of the main worries in the long run imo... Zonal marking and all that is a funny one... we just cant seem to get the hang of it... our players are too static at times and its cost us yet and again.. wat is it now, 3 or 4 goals in 4 games... unacceptable... start with the basics and have 2 men on the posts ffs...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:26 pm

Cheers for the match report ace ,will watch it later
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:08 am

Can't agree about Gerrard being embarrassingly poor for an hour. I thought the kid did a good job on him (Muamba? we could do worse than look at that lad) and the distribution centrally was once again so poor he couldn't free himself. Anyway i think everyone would agree that once he moved into the centre of midfield the game changed, and thank God for him once again pulling us out of the sh!te with the winner.

I've talked about the defence and zones in the zonal marking thread, but must give mention to Glen Johnson in here. I suppose it's just as legitimate to say "well it's only been four matches" as it was to say "it's only been three matches" but it is begining to look like we have got ourselves a pretty special player, and all credit to the manager for that. Once again his willingness to come inside onto his left foot and either hit it or put in a good cross makes him a huge problem to deal with, and I can't shake my long held belief that he'd be a brilliant right midfielder as well. We may even see him there one day.

I talked about the midfield in the midfield thread, but I also thought Torres was much better today despite not being at his best. It was obviously a good finish, but his link up play was better too. It was also a fantastic header which set up Gerrard for the winner (although the captain obviously still had a lot to do), and it was more encouraging.

Overall i wouldn't be quite getting the bunting out about the performance because Bolton are a poor team. The win was big though with both the Mancs and Chelsea winning, and now we go into a period of a couple of very winnable games, which is handy because they are must win.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando26 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:36 am

The_Rock wrote:The greek defender looks more clumsy than traore.....Another crappy signing.... And ppl wonder why we don't have enough $$$. If i was the owner, i wouldn't give benitez $$$ too.   :angry:

Get rid of Lucas.....Get rid of Kuyt. Johnson does a better job than Kuyt as a RW.

Jesus......this is getting ridiculous. Benitez is screwing up my team.

You really are a :censored:
Nando26

Postby sgs » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:37 am

I agree with ace. Gerrard really was not influencial in the game until the sending off...But then, with Lucas available to take all the stick, he can get off with little blame. In this team currently, Lucas is a 'continuity' player in MF, with the wide players- Yossi and Kuyt, expected to provide some creativity in central areas. But folks will only measure him on Alonso's game...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby Nando26 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:40 am

Number 9 wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
The_Rock wrote:The greek defender looks more clumsy than traore.....Another crappy signing.... And ppl wonder why we don't have enough $$$. If i was the owner, i wouldn't give benitez $$$ too.   :angry:

Get rid of Lucas.....Get rid of Kuyt. Johnson does a better job than Kuyt as a RW.

Jesus......this is getting ridiculous. Benitez is screwing up my team.

Go back to watching wrestling football isnt your forte.

Yeah.......says the person who attacked benitez and kuyt last season....and now all of a sudden is their biggest fan.....

More importantly get rid of plastic little glory hunting tw@t fans like yourself!

The day you ever post something remotely positive or even anywhere near decent about LFC half the fuc'king forum will die of similtaneous heart attacks!
:laugh:

or his accounts been hacked
Nando26

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games