Wolves v liverpool - Memories

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby supersub » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:56 pm

On the eve of our return to wolves,I dived into my programme collection and pulled out a couple from my visits to Molineux.Firstly the super programme the Wolves produced for the Finale to the 1975/1976 season when we won 3-1 and clinched the championship,what a night.The other was the last time we played Wolves,at Molineux, in August 1983we drew the game 1-1 with Rushie equalising in the second half.
Here is the beginning of the write up in the 1983 programme,remember we were the champions and we had beaten Manu in the Milk cup;Bob Paisley had retired,also.
          "It's hard to believe,but Liverpool are very much on trial this season.A combination of factors including a succession of league defeats at the end of the last campaign,a convincing Charity Shield defeat,several new players and a 'rookie' manager,have forced many people to think that the 'Mighty Reds' First Division dominance could be over."
         Well how wrong they were.Joe Fagan went on to lead the Reds to a treble of League Championship,League cup and European cup.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby columbia » Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:00 pm

liverpool team

dudek, finnan, biscan, hyypia, carragher, Cheyrou, Hamman, Gerrard, Kewell, Owen, Heskey

subs: Jones, henchoz, Murphy, Riise, Le Tallec

Why is biscan playing again surely he didnt justify his selection in the last match.
columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:29 pm

come on  1 - 0 liverpool! Bruno Cheyrou is on a roll.
columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:37 pm

nooooooooooooooooooooooo, theyve equalized. This is embarassing we cant even beat wolves.
columbia

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:49 pm

ITS NOT EMBARASSING IT IS JUST cr#p WHAT CAN I SAY I WANT THERE HEADS ALL OF THEM ON STICKS THIS IS NOT MY LIVERPOOL F.C IT MUST B EVERTON RES GH HAS TO GO AND TAKE THE cr#p WITH HIM:angry:
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby ROBtheRED » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:06 am

I'm so gutted after this game its untrue , we needed to win this game to stay in touch with Charlton and we fail to defend the lead in the dying seconds yet again. . .surely we have had enough disappointments already this season for it to be inevitable though .. . .. . .

Spurs away, Man Citys last min equaliser, carling cup exit v Bolton, Southampton at home, Portsmouth away, Man utd/Arsenal/Chelsea at home, Charlton away  -  then theres the win-less run last season and the failure to get in the champs league and also palace knocking us out fa cup

Enoughs enough eh? When will we sort this f##king s##t out, normally i'm optimistic enough to believe we can beat anone on our day. Now i don't know . . . i just don't know!?!?
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:41 am

I just got back Rob and it was much worse than the score suggests. We had or STRONGEST 11 out Second half protecting a 1-0 lead and served to simply hoof it high and migthy. At times when we wanted to play we tore Wolves apart but naivety and I suppose being TOLD to play the long ball was our undoing, Wolves literally grew in confidence every time we gave the ball back to them......One or two positives ...>Stevie G was superb and ran the show , pity we don't have a few more who can even dream of being at his level and Finnon had probably his best game ina Reds shirt
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flop75 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:26 pm

Another terrible result though, we really need a change of manager and there are a few players that have to go (Diouf, Diao, Biscan etc...). We need fresh impetus at the top and some new faces as this is going to be another wasted season. Its just not good enough for Liverpool FC.
flop75

Postby happy go lucky » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:50 pm

:O  :O  :O
Come on credit where credits due Wolves have the 3rd BEST Home record in the Premiership this season. So we should have showed them the respect they deserve, don't be like the sad 'O' Man utd slating them, if we had performed we'd have got something but we didn't so we got what we deserved at they end of the day.
They contained our boys and seemed to up for the game more than us, this was a SIX point games for us and we weren't up for it.
happy go lucky

Return to Liverpool FC - Games