Liverpool V Wolves Wed 1st March KO@ 20.00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:46 pm

At least we are at home for this so the level of intensity should be a bit higher in front of the home crowd. The players need to up their game.

Not sure if Nunez is fit again but if he is I'd start him.  That Melo lad has been playing for the u23's so could also be an option.

Ali.

Trent         matip      VVD      Robbo.

Melo.

Elliot             Bajectic

Salah            Nunez         Gakpo

I'd drop trent if we had any other option that isn't a square peg. Salah likewise.  Even though Gakpo hasn't been pulling up trees he still has more presence on the field than Jota so I'd tend to go with that as it's what the side needs.

This is our game in hand as well so we have to win it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:05 pm

King Arthur of Melo returns, kind of difficult to get enthused about this match. We got United at the weekend, dreading that game.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:57 pm

Konate rejoined team training last week so there is a chance he starts this. Fabinho and Bajcetic should definitely come back in for this having been on the bench for Palace. Henderson and Milner shouldn't start after lining up against Palace. Keita was pretty poor against Palace but he did get hooked at half time as he looked like he was going to get a red card so he could be an option but I think Klopp will go for Elliott. Seems like we are trying to be careful with this stress injury that Jones has in his foot but if he's OK I'd start him over Elliott. Firmino and Nunez to provide some freshness up top. I'd go with this but I think Elliott will play instead of Jones. 

Alisson

Trent          Konate          van Djik          Robertson

Jones          Fabinho          Bajcetic

Salah          Firmino          Nunez
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:47 pm

Great to see Konate back, like all young CB’s the lad has got a mistake in him but he is the best defender at the club. Great to hear that the best player at the club, Luis Diaz, is back in training too.
A win tonight, a win at the weekend, get Diaz back after the international break and then the world will look a much better place.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:10 pm

Lively start by both teams.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:59 pm

Wolves are playing with zero fear which shows how far we have fallen. We are dominating possession but just lacking that final piece of quality to finish.

Crowd is a bit flat as well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:38 pm

Big Virg  :buttrock
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:39 pm

Mo 2-0 brings home the (vegetarian) bacon
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:04 am

That's 10 points from a possible 12 and 4 clean sheets in a row. Some momentum building and we're now 6th in the league. Keep our key players fit plus add Diaz and Thiago and we've still got a real shot at top 4.
Eagle

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:17 am

Nunez is so hit or miss.. he can mess up a five yard pass numerous times, then 2 minutes later assist a goal. I absolutely love watching him, but I'm not sure if he's a good footballer still.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:40 am

Main test Will be on the weekend, if we get maximum points against United then I'll be hopeful for a fight for 4th.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:01 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:17 am wrote:Nunez is so hit or miss.. he can mess up a five yard pass numerous times, then 2 minutes later assist a goal. I absolutely love watching him, but I'm not sure if he's a good footballer still.

Suarez was kinda similar to him in his first season, very much hit and miss. There is a player in there though so maybe Nunez will come good as well.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:07 pm

It was okay win, and three points is welcomed, however, the team needs to improve 100% for the Sudnay game!
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:10 pm

damjan193 wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:17 am wrote:Nunez is so hit or miss.. he can mess up a five yard pass numerous times, then 2 minutes later assist a goal. I absolutely love watching him, but I'm not sure if he's a good footballer still.

Suarez was kinda similar to him in his first season, very much hit and miss. There is a player in there though so maybe Nunez will come good as well.

I absolutely love Nunez's workrate, his pace, He also makes good runs like a proper striker should. Only thing that's missing is the goals. He should be more like Salah in having the confidence to go himself.

Diaz when back will be out left so hopefully that means Nunez goes through the middle. At the minute I think it's just a case of adapting and learning how to play with a striker. Not getting the best out of him in the wide position imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:36 pm

It’s the thought of Diaz and Nunez up front and Konate at the back which gives me hope for the future.  Personally I’d move Trent into MF as well, he’ll be burnt out by the time he’s 27 if he’s expected to run up and down the full length of the pitch for the rest of his career. Tbh he’s looking a bit leggy and jaded even now at 24/25! What a waste of a talented that would be. He could still drift into wide areas to get crosses in as a CM, Hendo’s done that for years. Gerrard was a master of it. If we can keep our sh*t together now in the present the future looks pretty bright.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Return to Liverpool FC - Games