Pre Season Friendlies 2018

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:04 pm

Pre season kicks of on Saturday against Chester A.

I hope we see keita and Fabinho given some mins.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:16 am

I'm going to this one, got my ticket, it's my local Derby. I'm only 30 mins from Anfield, so it's about time I got down to a game!   Hoping to get a glimpse of new boys Fabinho and Keita, I'm hoping they play at least 45 minutes each.

Shame though, I'll miss the England match as it clashes with this one, same kick off time of 3pm.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:41 pm

Enjoy mate

How much did you get the ticket for?
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:27 pm

Adults only £12-£15, depending on seating or terrace stand, bargain! Chester got relagated last season so bargain prices and well. It's a sell out, with a capacity of around 5,200.

None of our world cup heroes in action, but still some good talent on display.
Last edited by Ghost of Shankly on Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:57 pm

Yup should be good seeing our lads play, looking forward to getting back in action.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:08 am

Two different teams are expected to be fielded by Jurgen in each half versus Chester, although Matip and Lallana are expected to miss the match.
Wjnaldum and VVD are expected to return to training Sunday, and Salah and Mane due back on the 20th of July before the USA tour begins.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:01 pm

Jürgen Klopp intends to field 22 players in Liverpool’s opening pre-season friendly against Chester FC on Saturday.

As expected, both Fabinho and Naby Keita will make their debuts for the Reds, with the former part of Klopp’s first-half team and the latter due to play the second 45 minutes at the Swansway Chester Stadium.

Joe Gomez is fit to play after recovering from an ankle injury, but Adam Lallana and Joel Matip miss out.

Klopp is planning to make 10 changes at the interval, with only Nat Phillips set to feature in both halves. The 21-year-old defender will begin the match before being withdrawn for Pedro Chirivella around the hour mark.

Planned first-half team:

Karius

Clyne          Gomez          Phillips          Moreno

Fabinho
                 Jones               Woodburn

Wilson         Origi
                            Solanke

Planned second-half team:

Ward

Milner          Phillips          Klavan          Robertson

Keita
               Camacho               Ojo

Ings          Kent
                            Sturridge
Eagle

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:16 pm

Only seen highlights due to the England game .. but Keita looked brilliant. Full of energy, covered alot of ground, and intercepted every error from our players. Fabihno looked abit laggy, gave the ball away cheaply on a few occasions.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:36 pm

I need to catch the highlights. Good run around for the lads.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:47 pm

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:11 pm

I was there watching.

7-0. couple from Sturridge, two from Wilson, Milner penalty, Kent, Ings etc.
Fabinho looked good first half, keita great touches on the ball...You can see the quality he has and his ability to beat players,nearly got a goal too.

Good performance in the heat. Ref stopped the game midway through both half's for a drink break as very hot.

Origi and Solanke looked average from what I saw. Thought Curtis Jones played very well first half also.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:28 pm

Studge seemed to have done well his 2nd goal was well taken.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:42 pm

redshade » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:28 pm wrote:Studge seemed to have done well his 2nd goal was well taken.

Sturridge looked very sharp, he's obviously been working on his fitness over the summer because he looked as good as I've seen him in years. Keita looks very classy as well, presses like a demon and breezes past players like they aren't even there.
I liked the 2 finishes from the young lad Wilson as well, they were so composed they verged on the nonchalant.
I thought Origi and Ojo did well too. Obviously the standard of opposition wasn't the best but considering it was our first run out of the season I thought the lads did well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:27 pm

I rate Sturridge, depending on his fitness, he could be utilised in the squad next season maybe!? I just think he offers more in front of goal than solanke, Ings and Origi etc. He is an intelligent player and know where the goal is. Nearly chipped the keeper as well.

The other player i had my eye on today is Ryan Kent. Scored a cracker and not afraid of taking players on and beating them.

You can see the quality of keita though, just the way he strolled around oozes quality. You sense he will be a big player for us this season.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:49 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:27 pm wrote:I rate Sturridge, depending on his fitness, he could be utilised in the squad next season maybe!? I just think he offers more in front of goal than solanke, Ings and Origi etc. He is an intelligent player and know where the goal is. Nearly chipped the keeper as well.

The other player i had my eye on today is Ryan Kent. Scored a cracker and not afraid of taking players on and beating them.

You can see the quality of keita though, just the way he strolled around oozes quality. You sense he will be a big player for us this season.

Yep, he looks born to play Klopp-ball, imagine how good he is going to be when he is surrounded by players like Mo, Sadio, Bobby, VVD etc
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games