MAN CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Carling Cup Semi Final 1st leg

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Hope we don't do the same sh!t when we play home. We were very lucky that City didn't use their possession well enough and we were lucky that Kenny's ultra defensive tactic didn't cost us. You just can't play like that, hope this is the last time we try it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Raoul wrote:I should be happy with a 1-0 win away, but... I'm left feeling deflated.

why? I'm f*cking over the moon here we beat City AWAY FROM HOME
Last edited by metalhead on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:47 pm

are people actually complaining about the performance?

Its MAN F*CKING CITY that we beat! AT THE ETIHAD!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:49 pm

welcome to modern day football.

we play well for 45 then park the bus away from home against the best team in the country and yet fans still moan.

unbelievable. not as if we're gonna play like that ever week is it? we were far more open against them the other week and got thumped 3-0.

job done. onwards and upwards.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:55 pm

metalhead wrote:are people actually complaining about the performance?

Bingo - first prize to MH , I'm absolutely delighted , great result great defensive display .
Benny The Noon

Postby parchpea » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:58 pm

We won ugly but its a great result and I think we will get to the final now.

As for City, they better shape or nothing down for them way its looking at this point and Mancini knows it.

Terrible spectacle but a means to an end, pretty comfy by the finish too. We take it and move on.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:00 pm

That was garbage, 45 minutes of brilliance followed by 45 minutes of playing like minnows. I don't care that we beat them, well I do, but we were dross.

And as for them thumping us 3-0, that was one fluke, and one non penalty. In the 3 games we have played against them, the first we simply outplayed them, the 2nd we were unlucky, and here in the 2nd half we played like a relegation team.

Great to be 1-09 up, but not the best deisplay I've seen by far
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:00 pm

metalhead wrote:are people actually complaining about the performance?

Amen Bro

Over the moon to wake up to this result
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:01 pm

Man city who have only allowed 4 goals at the etihad this entire season... We score a goal on them (and only 1 thanks to some great goalkeeping) and they really never had any good chances that we didn't absolutely gift them.  Our CB's and even Reina had fantastic games.  I'm delighted we've got the win.  We seem to be the club that always destroyed home streaks... We beat chelsea a few years back ending their almost 5 year unbeaten streak at home, and now city who haven't lost at home for over a year have lost to us.  We've got the result we wanted, really more than we wanted, and it's time to go home and finish them off in 2 weeks time.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby dundreamin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:09 pm

FFS, don't get some of you people on here. We beat the league leaders away, in the SEMI FINAL!!! and you still FOOKING whinging. FOOK off and go and follow another club. You ain't REAL LFC fans anyway. YOU FICKLE BRAIN DEAD P.RICKS. just go away, GO AWAY K.NOBHEADS
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:10 pm

dundreamin wrote:FFS, don't get some of you people on here. We beat the league leaders away, in the SEMI FINAL!!! and you still FOOKING whinging. FOOK off and go and follow another club. You ain't REAL LFC fans anyway. YOU FICKLE BRAIN DEAD P.RICKS. just go away, GO AWAY K.NOBHEADS

dude, chill... just because we won don't mean we played how we can. Especially after the first half. It was major squeaky bum time there, we almost blew it, something we've done far too much lately. Everyones happy with the result, just the play has to massively improve if we want to get back where we belong
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:15 pm

Buzzing!

Thats how to beat Citeh!

They have averaged just under 3 goals a game at home this season and a clean sheet is fantastic!

Well played boys!

YNWA
Kopite-Jud

Postby RedSi35 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:18 pm

As mentioned on twitter, european away performance !!!!!!!

Was a bit too much backs to the wall for me, felt that if we had of kept bellamy on instead of carroll, we would of had that outlet for a counter attack.

What with carrolls lack of support and control, the ball just kept coming back.

Still job done, confidence gained, :censored: display second half, but still lots to take from it.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:20 pm

Game actually would have been perfect for Suarez... We are back on our heels and he sits up near the half line, maybe drops back a bit.  But those counter attacks we had to Suarez would cause them all sorts of problems.  They wouldn't have been able to push up as near as much.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:21 pm

ethanr wrote:Man city who have only allowed 4 goals at the etihad this entire season... We score a goal on them (and only 1 thanks to some great goalkeeping) and they really never had any good chances that we didn't absolutely gift them.  Our CB's and even Reina had fantastic games.  I'm delighted we've got the win.  We seem to be the club that always destroyed home streaks... We beat chelsea a few years back ending their almost 5 year unbeaten streak at home, and now city who haven't lost at home for over a year have lost to us.  We've got the result we wanted, really more than we wanted, and it's time to go home and finish them off in 2 weeks time.

Didn't you watch City v United on Sunday?
Kopite-Jud

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games