MAN CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Carling Cup Semi Final 1st leg

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:21 pm

dawson99 wrote:
dundreamin wrote:FFS, don't get some of you people on here. We beat the league leaders away, in the SEMI FINAL!!! and you still FOOKING whinging. FOOK off and go and follow another club. You ain't REAL LFC fans anyway. YOU FICKLE BRAIN DEAD P.RICKS. just go away, GO AWAY K.NOBHEADS

dude, chill... just because we won don't mean we played how we can. Especially after the first half. It was major squeaky bum time there, we almost blew it, something we've done far too much lately. Everyones happy with the result, just the play has to massively improve if we want to get back where we belong

The second half performance was clearly intentional you divs.

Gerrard barely even made an effort to even touch the ball in the first 15mins of the second half.

Dalglish made more defensive subs that I've ever seen!

The plan was clearly hold onto the lead at any cost. We looked bad because we clearly were told to permanently defend.

FFS
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:22 pm

Kopite-Jud wrote:
ethanr wrote:Man city who have only allowed 4 goals at the etihad this entire season... We score a goal on them (and only 1 thanks to some great goalkeeping) and they really never had any good chances that we didn't absolutely gift them.  Our CB's and even Reina had fantastic games.  I'm delighted we've got the win.  We seem to be the club that always destroyed home streaks... We beat chelsea a few years back ending their almost 5 year unbeaten streak at home, and now city who haven't lost at home for over a year have lost to us.  We've got the result we wanted, really more than we wanted, and it's time to go home and finish them off in 2 weeks time.

Didn't you watch City v United on Sunday?

Not quite sure the reference I'm supposed to get?

The fact manure scored 3 goals on them at the etihad? sure 1 was before the red card, but when you have a red card in the 12th minute....
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:26 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
dundreamin wrote:FFS, don't get some of you people on here. We beat the league leaders away, in the SEMI FINAL!!! and you still FOOKING whinging. FOOK off and go and follow another club. You ain't REAL LFC fans anyway. YOU FICKLE BRAIN DEAD P.RICKS. just go away, GO AWAY K.NOBHEADS

dude, chill... just because we won don't mean we played how we can. Especially after the first half. It was major squeaky bum time there, we almost blew it, something we've done far too much lately. Everyones happy with the result, just the play has to massively improve if we want to get back where we belong

Gerrard barely even made an effort to even touch the ball in the first 15mins of the second half.

The plan was clearly hold onto the lead at any cost. We looked bad because we clearly were told to permanently defend.

FFS

We intentionally almost blew it? No big team should be holding onto a 1-0 lead with 45 minutes to go. We are Liverpool Fc FFS, we should be playing better than tha, thats all im saying. Maybe some of the younger ones don't know what Liverpool Fc is, we don't hold on to a 1-0 lead with half a game to go, we're better than that. We should have killed them off, all this means is that in the 2nd leg we don't have a decent lead to hold onto.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Kopite-Jud wrote:
ethanr wrote:We beat chelsea a few years back ending their almost 5 year unbeaten streak at home, and now city who haven't lost at home for over a year have lost to us.

Didn't you watch City v United on Sunday?

They lost on sunday thats all :)
Kopite-Jud

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:32 pm

dawson99 wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

FFS

We intentionally almost blew it? No big team should be holding onto a 1-0 lead with 45 minutes to go. We are Liverpool Fc FFS, we should be playing better than tha, thats all im saying. Maybe some of the younger ones don't know what Liverpool Fc is, we don't hold on to a 1-0 lead with half a game to go, we're better than that. We should have killed them off, all this means is that in the 2nd leg we don't have a decent lead to hold onto.

Dawson I remember us doing that countless amount of times in two legged ties in cup competitions . And that's going back to the early 80's - tonight was what Liverpool is about .
Benny The Noon

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:35 pm

we went to juve away in 2005 in the cl with a 2-1 lead and didn't have a shot. didn't hear anyone complaining then.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:36 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

FFS

Dawson I remember us doing that countless amount of times in two legged ties in cup competitions . And that's going back to the early 80's - tonight was what Liverpool is about .

Really? You were watching the 2nd half thinking "Awesome, thats what we wanna see"

We must have watched different games. Just hope we don't rue the missed opportunity
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:36 pm

Fu(kin moaning [email]B@stards...[/email] We had a job to do and we did it.  Fu(k off you play station nobs
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:38 pm

Dawson I was watching the second half thinking how great defensively we were keeping out the top of the table at ease .

Would you of preffered us to go for it and leave gaps for them to exploit and score a couple of goals themselves ?
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:38 pm

Man you guys really do just insult people when there is no valid arguament to make, how I've missed the exchange of views :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:41 pm

dawson99 wrote:Man you guys really do just insult people when there is no valid arguament to make, how I've missed the exchange of views :D

Where did I insult anyone ?
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:43 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Man you guys really do just insult people when there is no valid arguament to make, how I've missed the exchange of views :D

Where did I insult anyone ?

You sir, are the exception to the rule. You made valid points, well said.

Last 20 minutes maybe, but this was the entire 2nd half. I'm ecstatic we beat Citeh, but we really should have put 2 or 3 past them tonight, as the return leg is gonna be fricking scary
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:45 pm

The goal isn't winning at City but qualifying to the finals ,if we blow the one goal advantage then you can come back to tonights game and ask yourself why we parked the bus for 45 minutes instead of going for more goals.

I just don't get LFC fans parading the "job done" performance ,you think you will win Titles ,reach CL with "job done" approach??? Winners need to look like winners.

I think the team deserved to win today but Kenny's approach in the 2nd half was cowerdly and almost cost us a very winnable game against a very weak City team today.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:48 pm

It just didn't seem right to let them have the whole possession and invite pressure. It's really risky to play like that and not really pretty to watch. But you guys are probably right, we shouldn't moan about defending like that against City away. I rather have a win with defending like this than a draw with a performance like the one we had at home against them. I just hope we won't do this for the whole game in the second leg.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Err WE WON 1-0 away, like I said earlier some on here ain't got a FOOKING clue. And now I,ve proven my point. Imagine when we eventually win the prem,they would be moaning that we never won it in style. CLUELESS,CLUELESS. But am buzzing because am going to wembley next month
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games