LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - FA CUP SEMI FINAL

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Another trip to wembley to cheer the fans up after a disappointing season.

Both sides rested players in preparation for the game.

After a late Carroll header gave us 3 points MORALE should be high and everyone will be hoping to be in Kennys eleven

Players who will be in the starting line up

Brad Jones
Martin Skrtle
Jose Enrique
Steven Gerrard
Luis Suarez

This leaves 6 places for a semi final place

Daniel Agger
Glenn Johnson
Jordan Henderson
Jay spearing
Craig Bellamy
Andy Carroll

Setting up as a 4-3-3

Jones
Johnson.         Agger.          Skrtle.        Enrique

Henderson.       Spearing.        Gerrard

Bellamy.                 Carroll.             Suarez

With the best defence in the league reunited I think we will win this one

Gerrard always performs against everton especially his hat trick earlier in the season

Suarez who is the most creative player in the league will be up for this one and with his excellent display against them at Anfield and his goal at Goodison park they will very wary of our number seven

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:49 pm

The media and other fans all want Everton to win. They were full of it before the game at Anfield and we walloped them (then made the excuse that Moyes left 5 players out and completely neglected the fact that we had no Johnson, Agger, Lucas or Bellamy). They're full of it now. Sky and MOTD have been mentioning the fact that Everton are now above us in the League every two minutes. They all want Moyes to win a trophy just so they can push their "British manager deserves a top 4 job" agenda like they did with Hodgson.

I know it's a cliche but form does go out the window in this game. Whatever anyone says, I always consider us favourites against these because they have an inferiority complex against us. We also seem to raise our game in the big games and it doesn't get much bigger than this. Having our best defence back is a major plus but the selection ahead of that in the attacking areas will be interesting. After the recent League game we have to have Suarez, Carroll and Gerrard on the pitch at the same time working in tandem for as long as possible.

2-1 to us and then hopefully Chelsea in the final as Spurs are a bogey side.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:51 pm

I'd go for this:

Jones
Johnson
Skrtel
Agger
Enrique
Maxi
Spearing
Gerrard
Downing
Suarez
Kuyt

With Kuyt leading the line and the movement of Downing, Maxi and Suarez behind him we should be good going forward. Key in a cup game is not conceding and the best way we can play to ensure that is keeping possession and playing a short game. I'd have Carroll, Bellamy and Henderson on the bench for this one. Carroll is our plan B in terms of style of play. Bellamy has shown he can exploit spaces when given the chance and if we revert to a counter attacking style then having him come on would be more effective than starting him. Henderson is the extra central midfielder if we need to tighten things up.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:41 pm

aCe' » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:51 am wrote:I'd go for this:

Jones
Johnson
Skrtel
Agger
Enrique
Maxi
Spearing
Gerrard
Downing
Suarez
Kuyt

With Kuyt leading the line and the movement of Downing, Maxi and Suarez behind him we should be good going forward. Key in a cup game is not conceding and the best way we can play to ensure that is keeping possession and playing a short game. I'd have Carroll, Bellamy and Henderson on the bench for this one. Carroll is our plan B in terms of style of play. Bellamy has shown he can exploit spaces when given the chance and if we revert to a counter attacking style then having him come on would be more effective than starting him. Henderson is the extra central midfielder if we need to tighten things up.

Would keep that line up, but would probably push Kuyt out right and play Maxi in behind Suarez.   

If Kuyt starts up front then Downing will be pushed to the right were he is not half as effective.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:45 pm

stmichael » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:49 am wrote:The media and other fans all want Everton to win. They were full of it before the game at Anfield and we walloped them (then made the excuse that Moyes left 5 players out and completely neglected the fact that we had no Johnson, Agger, Lucas or Bellamy). They're full of it now. Sky and MOTD have been mentioning the fact that Everton are now above us in the League every two minutes. They all want Moyes to win a trophy just so they can push their "British manager deserves a top 4 job" agenda like they did with Hodgson.

I know it's a cliche but form does go out the window in this game. Whatever anyone says, I always consider us favourites against these because they have an inferiority complex against us. We also seem to raise our game in the big games and it doesn't get much bigger than this. Having our best defence back is a major plus but the selection ahead of that in the attacking areas will be interesting. After the recent League game we have to have Suarez, Carroll and Gerrard on the pitch at the same time working in tandem for as long as possible.

Agree with all of this, I'm suspect on the Carroll Suarez thing but there's only one way to make it work.

Seems everyone wants us to lose, this season we've been the pantomine villain and so far we haven't disappointed, I'd love us to ram it down their throats this weekend and go on to bring the cup home on the same pitch as Fernando f*cking Torres
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:47 pm

stmichael » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:49 am wrote:The media and other fans all want Everton to win. They were full of it before the game at Anfield and we walloped them (then made the excuse that Moyes left 5 players out and completely neglected the fact that we had no Johnson, Agger, Lucas or Bellamy). They're full of it now. Sky and MOTD have been mentioning the fact that Everton are now above us in the League every two minutes. They all want Moyes to win a trophy just so they can push their "British manager deserves a top 4 job" agenda like they did with Hodgson.

The Liverpool hate in the media is very annoying alright.  Read an article recently that was saying Moyes would be best choice for the Spurs job if Harry leaves.  Rafa and Capello were slated in the same article.  2 proven managers with both domestic and European trophies... yet they all love Moyes and Hodgson because of their tiny bits of success with small clubs.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:50 pm

jacdaniel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:47 pm wrote:

The Liverpool hate in the media is very annoying alright.  Read an article recently that was saying Moyes would be best choice for the Spurs job if Harry leaves.  Rafa and Capello were slated in the same article.  2 proven managers with both domestic and European trophies... yet they all love Moyes and Hodgson because of their tiny bits of success with small clubs.

Dunno about you but its a lot more than just the media, everyone who isn't a supporter of LFC wants us to lose. Annoying but I'm still a red, loud and proud!  :nod
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:09 pm

not confident one bit.... which is a good sign
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:07 pm

metalhead » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:09 pm wrote:not confident one bit.... which is a good sign

I share your sentiment..
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:56 pm

What do you think the team will be on saturday:

Jones
Johnson
Skrtel
Agger
Enrique
Downing
Gerrard
Spearing
Bellamy
Suarez
Carroll

subs
Carragher
Kuyt
Maxi
Coates
Henderson
Shelvey
Thommo's perm

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:59 pm

Id like to see Coates start.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:01 pm

I'm surprised nobody mentions Shelvey to start. Way better than any other midfield we have at the moment, with the exception of Gerrard.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:03 pm

tubby » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:Id like to see Coates start.

Instead of who?
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:17 pm

tubby » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:59 pm wrote:Id like to see Coates start.

Instead of Agger or Skittles !!!
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:05 pm

Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:56 pm wrote:What do you think the team will be on saturday:

Jones
Johnson
Skrtel
Agger
Enrique
Downing
Gerrard
Spearing
Bellamy
Suarez
Carroll

subs
Carragher
Kuyt
Maxi
Coates
Henderson
Shelvey

Seems about right that ,but if I could choose my line up it would be slightly more controversial . :ghostface:

Jones
Johnson
Skrtel
Agger
Robinson
Shelvey
Henderson
Bellamy
Gerrard
Suarez
Carroll

subs
Gulasci
Kuyt
Maxi
Coates
Downing
Enrique

Enrique's performances of late don't warrant a place in the first eleven ,and Robinson has looked impressive
all be it for the reserves ,and its high time Jose had some competition for his place.  Gerrard on the left wing
and Carragher not even on the bench ,and Spearing way too erratic to even make  the coach . 

I think with Pienaar not eligible and Rodwell injured ,it will allow Henderson and Shelvey a foothold in the midfield especially
with Fellaini playing in a more rigid formation .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games