Potential january transfer activity - Who should we get in jan!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:45 am

Raoul wrote:How about Honda? He is getting towards the end of his contract with CSKA

:nod
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:04 am

Hoilett is probably going to leave this month since his contract is up at the end of the season and Blackburn have admitted to wanting to cash in on him if he's not going to sign a new contract. Good young player and if we're going for British talent then I cant think of many better in terms of value for money and technical ability.

We probably need to focus on signing cover for Lucas and perhaps another striker to come on if Carroll doesnt improve but opportunities like this dont come around often.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:16 am

aCe' wrote:Hoilett is probably going to leave this month since his contract is up at the end of the season and Blackburn have admitted to wanting to cash in on him if he's not going to sign a new contract. Good young player and if we're going for British talent then I cant think of many better in terms of value for money and technical ability.

shame that as he's canadian :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:39 am

stmichael wrote:
aCe' wrote:Hoilett is probably going to leave this month since his contract is up at the end of the season and Blackburn have admitted to wanting to cash in on him if he's not going to sign a new contract. Good young player and if we're going for British talent then I cant think of many better in terms of value for money and technical ability.

shame that as he's canadian :D

I thought he had dual nationality. Fck it scrap what I said then.  :down:

In all seriousness though if he's being offered to clubs, we can do worse than bring him on for 5-10 mil.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:39 am

Would still take him for between 5-10 mil
Benny The Noon

Postby Redtribe » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:46 am

Hoilett is a good player, but i think we have enough "good" players!
What i really think we need to do is buy an exceptional player, i know it's hard to interest the top tier of players when we are not in the champions league. But we seem to be getting stuck in this vicious circle of getting in good players that do not quite take us forward.
we really need to bring in another player of Suarez or Gerrards quality. Not another Downing or Kuyt.
Who do we bring in i'm not sure but i do belive that if we didn't bring in Henderson and say downing in the summer but someone like a silva or hazzard, we would have been much better off in terms of league position.
We have a good set of youth players and perphiral squad players to cover for injuries or bans!
I would really like to see just one quality signing as opposed to several good or potential offerings.
Perhaps rather than signing someone like Hoillett we should take a look at our own Sterling first, he seems to have too much time on his hands at the moment!!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:08 pm

Redtribe wrote:Hoilett is a good player, but i think we have enough "good" players!
What i really think we need to do is buy an exceptional player, i know it's hard to interest the top tier of players when we are not in the champions league. But we seem to be getting stuck in this vicious circle of getting in good players that do not quite take us forward.
we really need to bring in another player of Suarez or Gerrards quality. Not another Downing or Kuyt.
Who do we bring in i'm not sure but i do belive that if we didn't bring in Henderson and say downing in the summer but someone like a silva or hazzard, we would have been much better off in terms of league position.
We have a good set of youth players and perphiral squad players to cover for injuries or bans!
I would really like to see just one quality signing as opposed to several good or potential offerings.
Perhaps rather than signing someone like Hoillett we should take a look at our own Sterling first, he seems to have too much time on his hands at the moment!!

I agree with this.

Kenny had a major overhaul of the squad last summer with plenty of ins an outs.  The squad is quite strong and we're well covered in most positions.  We have a lot of good players imo with very little deadwood compared to a year ago.  But we don't have many top class players at the moment when you compare us to City/ Spurs/ United.  We're at a similar level to Chelsea and Arsenal at the moment and that's reflected in the league table.

Our next few additions need to be of high quality.  Forget Bent, forget buying a stopgap defensive mid while Lucas is out, and forget this policy of buying British.

We need to be scouring Europe for the best young talent.  We need to be after the likes of Hazard.  The problem is obviously attracting them while we're out of the CL, but it can be done.  Spurs have only had one season in the CL and look at the side they've managed to build.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:02 pm

john craig wrote:
Redtribe wrote:Hoilett is a good player, but i think we have enough "good" players!

I agree with this.

Kenny had a major overhaul of the squad last summer with plenty of ins an outs.  The squad is quite strong and we're well covered in most positions.  We have a lot of good players imo with very little deadwood compared to a year ago.  But we don't have many top class players at the moment when you compare us to City/ Spurs/ United.  We're at a similar level to Chelsea and Arsenal at the moment and that's reflected in the league table.

Our next few additions need to be of high quality.  Forget Bent, forget buying a stopgap defensive mid while Lucas is out, and forget this policy of buying British.

We need to be scouring Europe for the best young talent.  We need to be after the likes of Hazard.  The problem is obviously attracting them while we're out of the CL, but it can be done.  Spurs have only had one season in the CL and look at the side they've managed to build.

Shaqiri fella from Basil looks class act!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:49 pm

agree with Shaqiri. looks awesome, young and talented. may get him for okay money now as well (wont be cheap, but shoulnt breakk the bank)
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:27 am

shaqiri is talented but is also an arrogant :censored:. i'm sure he believes its his birthright to play for real madrid.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:28 am

what? i can't say :censored:??

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:37 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
Raoul wrote:How about Honda? He is getting towards the end of his contract with CSKA

:nod

Honda is just another one tournament wonder.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:14 pm

This James McClean lad (Sunderland) looks a right find! From what I've seen I'd rather him than Downing!!
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:25 pm

andy_g wrote:shaqiri is talented but is also an arrogant :censored:. i'm sure he believes its his birthright to play for real madrid.

I thought that was Eden Hazard
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:50 pm

andy_g wrote:shaqiri is talented but is also an arrogant :censored:. i'm sure he believes its his birthright to play for real madrid.

right... let's not buy arrogant :censored: who are skillful and talented...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion