Liverpool v valencia - 6/8/2011 ko 1730

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:40 am

crim cram wrote:Kelly looked pretty good and is a way better choice over Flano and Johnson.  The crosses stopped when he came in.

Considering Jonno was only on the pitch for a few mins I dont remember the box being bombarded with crosses while he was on
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:50 am

aCe' wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
ethanr wrote:I dunno I thought Adam was our best CM defensively throughout.  He had some really great passes... Rarely gave the ball away.  Look at him compared to Aqua or Hendo, he was miles better.  Spearing had a better game but went missing for a good chunk.

I'm actually quite excited to see Adam play against Sunderland.

You really did watch a totally different game - I understand you have bigged him up and really rate him but tonight as per all the other games in pre season - he has been what i expected - nothing much at all . Very immobile , tries too many hollywood passes and not many come off . Tonight he gave away the ball lots , he tried numerous times some little trick to take around a player and not once did it work . 

Once all CM's are fit he shouldnt be near the starting line up .

Im sorry mate but the Adam you are saying wasnt there tonight .

agree...  Havent seen any good passes if im honest.. If anything, we looked clueless in possession and couldnt put together 3 passes through the middle.. When he went further up he looked a little more like a player but then again what he needed to do(control the tempo and get a possession game going) he failed to do imo...

I'd much rather see a midfield partnership of Lucas-Meireles than have Adam anywhere near the side....

To be honest I'm shocked I'm the only one who feels this way.  I remember watching him put together some really great passes and moving the ball really well.  He was fouled a lot too. 

He's a great tackler in my opinion.  A lot of people said that Meireles was a much better tackler than Adam so it makes no sense to sign him, and I remember somebody put up a stat for the season.  Meireles had 40-something tackles and Adam had 120-something tackles if I'm remembering right.  I think Adam is great at tackling.  I really remember just thinking how great he was looking when he was moving the ball sometime. 

I dunno if I'm one crazy person or if you guys are 20 crazy people  :p   

However, I think everybody agrees Lucas was our best CM, but who would come next if not Adam?  Aqua was nowhere, Spearing played much better than last week, but he still went missing for very large parts of the game.  Hendo was really inconsistent.  Cole came on and didn't have a single pass where he simply pushed the ball with his foot to another player, he kept trying to do flicks and twists and turns and all this fancy garbage that wasn't really productive.  Obviously Gerrard and Meireles are still injured... Don't get me started on Poulson.

So I guess my question is, who starts at CM with Lucas?  I think it has to be Adam.  I really don't see anybody else filling the spot.  And apparently I rate Adam about 10 times better than any of you guys  :D
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:14 am

dundreamin wrote:This is our last test before the season starts. I hope kenny puts out the strongest line up possible.I predict a morale boosting win. 2-0 Carrol,Kuyt

lottery numbers? :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:24 pm

I didn't think Adam was that good against Valencia, or Henderson. Downing was our best summer signing against Valencia - didn't realise he was that quick! Carroll IMO was average, not a great fan of him at the moment - the cumbersome ilk. Aqua was quiet.

Spearing did okay and Lucas when he came on did well.

That's about it.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games