Liverpool v valencia - 6/8/2011 ko 1730

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:20 pm

ethanr wrote:
only me wrote:
aCe' wrote:johnson injured and subbed... Hope its nothing major...

Hope he gets sold. No proper warmup prior to a game usually results in an injury. Amatur stuff.

And Where is Suarez?? The Best player in the Copa America will not even get one game before season start? In this rate i doubt he would start against Sunderland.

Chill dude.  Johnson's been injured and he's still trying to get fit.  It may be he's just being cautious if he felt anything.

Suarez comes back to training on Monday.  He's not even back with the squad yet so obviously he won't be playing.  He may not start against Sunderland but he wants to play really bad so it won't surprise me either way.

Johnson just frustrates the hell out of me. We signed him as an English International star ,I remember him having a great start with lightspeed runs and goals and then all of a sudden a total halt and decline in performance and attitude. That is why my patience with him is that short. But i guess you are right he deserves a bit more time. Espcially when we have Flano and Kelly standing by.

As to Suarez would you care to explain the logic in this move? Are we giving him a rest from the Copa on the expense of our first EPL games? Did he ask to rest? I don't get it. Your best player not playing and he isn't injured baffles me. In all other teams in Europe is the Copa players returning to play...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Every player has their moments where they are really shining, but everybody has also disappeared for a few moments as well except maybe Aurelio and Downing.  This first half is so much more promising then we've seen.  Obviously there's work to do, but we are looking much better than before.  Downing and Adam have looked really good to me. 

You know what the best signing RH made was resigning Aurelio.  He really is a great LB, and if he could get past his injury problems he'd be one of the best in the league, probably only behind Evra and Cole.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby JC_81 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Good first ten minutes but we have faded a bit since.

Adam is getting caught in possession too much and Carroll needs a bit more support around him.  Downing has looked our most dangerous player.  Defensively we don't look like shipping 3 goals for a change!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:23 pm

john craig wrote:Good first ten minutes but we have faded a bit since.

Adam is getting caught in possession too much and Carroll needs a bit more support around him.  Downing has looked our most dangerous player.  Defensively we don't look like shipping 3 goals for a change!

Downing is the only player who is creating our chances, looked really good
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:23 pm

ethanr wrote:You know what the best signing RH made was resigning Aurelio.  He really is a great LB, and if he could get past his injury problems he'd be one of the best in the league, probably only behind Evra and Cole.

People forget how good Aurelio is.  If he could stay then I agree he'd be one of the best left backs in the league.  He never will though, like Agger he's made of glass and you can only rely on him to be fit for half a season.  We still need to bring in a left back for this season.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:26 pm

only me wrote:As to Suarez would you care to explain the logic in this move? Are we giving him a rest from the Copa on the expense of our first EPL games? Did he ask to rest? I don't get it. Your best player not playing and he isn't injured baffles me. In all other teams in Europe is the Copa players returning to play...

Players are entitled to a three week break, regardless of whether they've played in a summer International tournament.  Don't think the club can do much about it to be honest.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:31 pm

Get Adam and Henderson outta there and bring Kuyt and Lucas on and its a different ball game imo.... Make Aquilani he focal point of our attacks rather than the head of Carroll and maybe we'll see something resembling a passing possession style in the second half...

Comfortable in the 1st, but not enough if we have aspirations for a top4 finish in the league...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:36 pm

Lucas and Robinson on for Aurelio and Spearing...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:39 pm

Mata on for Downing. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:44 pm

ethanr wrote:Every player has their moments where they are really shining, but everybody has also disappeared for a few moments as well except maybe Aurelio and Downing.  This first half is so much more promising then we've seen.  Obviously there's work to do, but we are looking much better than before.  Downing and Adam have looked really good to me. 

You know what the best signing RH made was resigning Aurelio.  He really is a great LB, and if he could get past his injury problems he'd be one of the best in the league, probably only behind Evra and Cole.

The statement of the season ,Aurellio one of the Best LB in the league...Come on ,other then his set shots he just isn't built for the EPL. Not strong nor quick enough. Koncheski is worse i'll give you that.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby jimmy brighton » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:47 pm

only me wrote:
ethanr wrote:
only me wrote:
aCe' wrote:johnson injured and subbed... Hope its nothing major...

Hope he gets sold. No proper warmup prior to a game usually results in an injury. Amatur stuff.

And Where is Suarez?? The Best player in the Copa America will not even get one game before season start? In this rate i doubt he would start against Sunderland.

Chill dude.  Johnson's been injured and he's still trying to get fit.  It may be he's just being cautious if he felt anything.

Suarez comes back to training on Monday.  He's not even back with the squad yet so obviously he won't be playing.  He may not start against Sunderland but he wants to play really bad so it won't surprise me either way.

Johnson just frustrates the hell out of me. We signed him as an English International star ,I remember him having a great start with lightspeed runs and goals and then all of a sudden a total halt and decline in performance and attitude. That is why my patience with him is that short. But i guess you are right he deserves a bit more time. Espcially when we have Flano and Kelly standing by.

As to Suarez would you care to explain the logic in this move? Are we giving him a rest from the Copa on the expense of our first EPL games? Did he ask to rest? I don't get it. Your best player not playing and he isn't injured baffles me. In all other teams in Europe is the Copa players returning to play...

As ethanr says 'he's not back with the squad yet'. Can't you see he's not going to play if he's not back with the squad? Remember Uruguay made it to the final.  Brazil got knocked out in the quarters that's why Lucas is there. Oh, I forgot, you said they got knocked out so early because of Lucas :D
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:47 pm

only me wrote:
ethanr wrote:Every player has their moments where they are really shining, but everybody has also disappeared for a few moments as well except maybe Aurelio and Downing.  This first half is so much more promising then we've seen.  Obviously there's work to do, but we are looking much better than before.  Downing and Adam have looked really good to me. 

The statement of the season ,Aurellio one of the Best LB in the league...Come on ,other then his set shots he just isn't built for the EPL. Not strong nor quick enough. Koncheski is worse i'll give you that.

:down:

You are clueless !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:55 pm

We are pressing more now.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:55 pm

aCe' wrote:
only me wrote:

You are clueless !

So Are you  :)
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:55 pm

aCe' wrote:
only me wrote:

You are clueless !

Haha is that directed at me or him?

When did N'Gog grow a freaken pair?  Holy hell it's like he's been bulking up on roids and confidence pills... Lovely to see him not instantly pushed off the ball like he always has been.  Looking like this we should hold onto him at least for another season.. Even if he's not good enough he'll definitely be worth more.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games