LIVERPOOL VS NORTHAMPTON - Carling Cup 3rd round 22/9/10 8pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:53 pm

Fauxy wrote:Carling cup anyways, who gives a flying f.uck!

My thoughts exactly.

I felt worse when we lost to Burnley in the FA Cup.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:15 pm

i think we should take all competitions seriously.  We're Liverpool and we want to win everything.
Players like Torres and Reina came here to win trophies.

Clearly we're not gonna be challenging for the CL or PL for the next season or two but why not try to pick up some trophies like the carling cup, FA Cup and Europa League along the way.

Its probably our best chance of keeping players happy.  I guarantee we have a better chance of keeping Torres if we win the Carling Cup and improve in the league than if we win nothing.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:46 pm

jacdaniel wrote:
Fauxy wrote:Carling cup anyways, who gives a flying f.uck!

People were saying that about the Europa league as well though... and since we aint gonna win the PL, is the FA Cup the only thing we care about?

aye and the FA cup is one of the toughest to compete in because the top sides always play well..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:54 pm

but in order for Torres to win a cup Roy has to ditch this 'play the weakend team' sh!te and put a strong first 11 on that pitch. By all means take off 3 big stars but when we're out of sight. If we'd of hit Northampton with a full strength squad they'd of lasted 15 minutes then collapsed. We could've been 3 - 0 up by then and at half time taken off Gerrard, Cole and Torres.

but no, instead we played a bunch of no hopers that got out played by Northampton ffs.

Time to ditch that approach now!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:09 pm

The simple fact is we aren't good enough to "save our playwers for the important matches later on in the season", nor are we good enough to say "it's only the Carling Cup". We haven't been good enough to say those things for a long time in truth, we haven't won feck all for years and there's now an increased chance we won't this season either.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Lee J wrote:but in order for Torres to win a cup Roy has to ditch this 'play the weakend team' sh!te and put a strong first 11 on that pitch. By all means take off 3 big stars but when we're out of sight. If we'd of hit Northampton with a full strength squad they'd of lasted 15 minutes then collapsed. We could've been 3 - 0 up by then and at half time taken off Gerrard, Cole and Torres.

but no, instead we played a bunch of no hopers that got out played by Northampton ffs.

Time to ditch that approach now!

Exactly! He should have played a mixture and had atleast the like of raul or cole in the side... We should have had a better bench atleast..

Im hoping the approach in the europa and FA cup are not the same.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:44 pm

bigmick wrote:The simple fact is we aren't good enough to "save our playwers for the important matches later on in the season", nor are we good enough to say "it's only the Carling Cup". We haven't been good enough to say those things for a long time in truth, we haven't won feck all for years and there's now an increased chance we won't this season either.

That sums it up.

We have no right to be winning premier leagues or champions leagues at the moment.  So lets try to win things that we have a shot at.

im disappointed we're out cos we may have had a chance with Spurs, Chelsea and City out of it.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:35 pm

Heartbreaking really. Thing is the least we can do is hold on to our self respect and dignity until the club settles down a little and not allow a side like Northampton to pull our keks down at Anfield. We have to ensure that we get those jobs done during this rough patch to give the fans something and allow us all to avoid further embarresment and public humiliation at the hands of the media. I would have thought that would be a priority at this point.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Ciggy wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Sa reakly though when you think abuut it, You only haveto look at a couple if sesaons and and even tis seasion were if we got beat by the mancs fireinstance therewoild have been fecking up raor and yet we didnt seem ar,sed when we lost gainst the ,well some fans didnt Why because as Igor said you cant get your fire in your belly because our eyes on more other thing more imrotand things, i said to alad last night i am praying for the day when we can jst talk football , and how good or what he played like, but instead are heads are still batterd with these two and sometimes well all thetime this has to remain pririty. i wanna get bavk to stop being a financil , and leveraged godderick i wasnna just be a football fan again ,and aregue in the pub after the game who sh.it he was or how good he was .

Thats all

Someones been on the arl Brandy  :D

:laugh:

Do you know what Cigg god stike me down dead i never had a drink. i havnt had a drink for ages , it was that tablet the doctor gave me, i cant sleep since ive been back from Cyprus me legs are playing me up and i went the docs and he gave me a couple of sleeping tablets i tok one last night and it done me in ,  :laugh:  :laugh: i cant believe what i posted there feckin hell
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:59 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Sa reakly though when you think abuut it, You only haveto look at a couple if sesaons and and even tis seasion were if we got beat by the mancs fireinstance therewoild have been fecking up raor and yet we didnt seem ar,sed when we lost gainst the ,well some fans didnt Why because as Igor said you cant get your fire in your belly because our eyes on more other thing more imrotand things, i said to alad last night i am praying for the day when we can jst talk football , and how good or what he played like, but instead are heads are still batterd with these two and sometimes well all thetime this has to remain pririty. i wanna get bavk to stop being a financil , and leveraged godderick i wasnna just be a football fan again ,and aregue in the pub after the game who sh.it he was or how good he was .

Thats all

Someones been on the arl Brandy  :D

Do you know what Cigg god stike me down dead i never had a drink. i havnt had a drink for ages , it was that tablet the doctor gave me, i cant sleep since ive been back from Cyprus me legs are playing me up and i went the docs and he gave me a couple of sleeping tablets i tok one last night and it done me in ,  :laugh:  :laugh: i cant believe what i posted there feckin hell

I believe ya Nan

:;):

roberto green

Postby zarababe » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:25 pm

Those 'players'.. they are a joke and should be fined a weeks wages for 'that'.

Mid-table, if we are lucky in the league and now this..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:48 pm

zarababe wrote:Those 'players'.. they are a joke and should be fined a weeks wages for 'that'.

:D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:58 pm

Embarrassingly pathetic .
Benny The Noon

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games