Liverpool V Carlisle - Carling Cup - Wed Sep 23 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:27 pm

Ok, lets have Danny Ings up front with Sturridge, lets have Rossiter in central midfield, lets try out Gomez as a central defender

Lots of youth please

NO... Milner, Lucas, Lallana, Benteke (inured anyway)

Let's have a good win and cheer us fans up please
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:45 pm

Hoping Sturridge gets some game time.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:22 pm

Its Carlisle at Anfield so you would hope we will walk out convincing winners into the next round.

If sturridge starts this game then its reckless management. Despite the stories about him being the Fittest in 18 months and looking really sharp its anything but. He shouldn't have started against Norwich and in this he should be off the bench with 20 minutes to go.

I would expect to see Lovren, La-LLama, Gomez and Ibe return to the line up for this. Up front I'd let Origi and Ings at them.

Bogstandard.

Clyne                  Gomez             Loser           Moreno.

Rossiter.

La-llama           Firmino          Ibe.

Ings                          Origi.

I don't see the need to introduce any more academy players as these lads need game time.  If we suffer another injury one of these lads have to step up. Seeing as rodgers now claims sakho's fitness is what kept him out then maybe rest clyne and shove joe RB. Think clyne has played every min so far so it might not be a bad idea.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:28 pm

like the look of that team red till i die!!

might swap out Origi for Sturridge and let Origi play 2nd half, that said a lot of papers saying Origi off on loan in January
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:02 pm

If a side containing 6 or 7 youngsters can go to Bordeaux and get a draw then they should be able to beat Carlisle at home.
It will be interesting to see what the gate is for this one, there's a lot of dissatisfaction with Rodgers atm and I wonder if that will translate over into attendance figures.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:48 pm

Carlisle passed QPR of the park at Loftus Rd ,and scored two goals to meet Liverpool. So given our current hapless structure under the manager I don't envisage a moral boosting victory like some ,even if we play all of our first string let alone the second .

It comes to something when you start to become nervous at the prospect of a visit from Carlisle ,thank you (its not as offensive if I spell it backwards) sregdoR  :glare:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:45 pm

C-R » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:28 pm wrote:like the look of that team red till i die!!

might swap out Origi for Sturridge and let Origi play 2nd half, that said a lot of papers saying Origi off on loan in January

This time last year he was banging on about how he decided to let Divock go on loan and how he was in constant contact with him because he was watching all his games and giving him advice on improving so he would fit right in here when he came  :laugh:

Not surprised that its a possibility but its unfair if the lad is shown the door and not given a fair crack at improving here. He could get up to 6 games between now and christmas in the league and europa cup so if it were up to me he would start in everyone of those.

Sturridge is no where near ready to be starting games and would have a better impact against tired opposition. The other day he was sluggish and had no sharpness about him so against fresh legs he will look average. 25 minutes to go is plenty at this stage of his rehab imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:49 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:02 pm wrote:If a side containing 6 or 7 youngsters can go to Bordeaux and get a draw then they should be able to beat Carlisle at home.
It will be interesting to see what the gate is for this one, there's a lot of dissatisfaction with Rodgers atm and I wonder if that will translate over into attendance figures.

Problem is yakka that we cannot afford not to be starting the likes of lallana, ibe, Lovren, Ings,Gomez and origi as if there is injuries to players in the team they are more than likely to be called upon. We need them game sharp and it would be absolutely foolish to give it to academy players who won't be called upon. This is the reason why we have a squad.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:46 am

red till i die!! » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:22 pm wrote:
                                                                         Bogstandard.

Clyne                  Gomez             Loser           Moreno.

Rossiter.

La-llama           Firmino          Ibe.

Ings                          Origi.

That's a 300 million team there mate.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:14 am

I'll go with:

Bogdan

Gomez     Toure    Lovren     Moreno

Lucas
                    Rossiter       Lallana

Frimino

Sturridge        Ings

We need to start playing with two up front. From the freescoring team that we were, we came to beeing unable to score more than one goal in a game. We have some good strikers so why not use them? Brendan's best days were when he played 2 strikers, and at the moment the best formation for us with 2 up front is the 4-4-2 diamond. The players will need to get used to that formation, so we should play it in every game possible. Don't like how Rodgers is dicking around with formations, different formation for every game ffs, and then wonders why we're so inconsistent.

Also, I'd like Sturridge to get some game time, 45-60 should be enough, should be then replaced by Origi or Ibe.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:07 am

damjan193 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:14 am wrote:I'll go with:

Bogdan

Gomez     Toure    Lovren     Moreno

Lucas
                    Rossiter       Lallana

Frimino

Sturridge        Ings

We need to start playing with two up front. From the freescoring team that we were, we came to beeing unable to score more than one goal in a game. We have some good strikers so why not use them? Brendan's best days were when he played 2 strikers, and at the moment the best formation for us with 2 up front is the 4-4-2 diamond. The players will need to get used to that formation, so we should play it in every game possible. Don't like how Rodgers is dicking around with formations, different formation for every game ffs, and then wonders why we're so inconsistent.

Also, I'd like Sturridge to get some game time, 45-60 should be enough, should be then replaced by Origi or Ibe.

Agreed, there is way too much tinkering with the formation, Rodgers needs to find a way of playing that gets the most out of all the resources available to him. Changing our shape 2 and 3 times a game just stinks of desperation.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:58 pm

Think BR will go with a mixture of experience and a few young lads like Rossiter. Can't afford be a casualty to a minnow with the pressure he is under, so can't put a bits and pieces team out and hope it does the business
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:59 pm

Official team to play Carlisle tonight...

Bogdan, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Milner, Allen, Lallana, Firmino, Ings

Subs... Fulton, Coutinho, Gomez, Origi, Brannagan, Ibe, Rossiter
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:41 pm

No sturridge, would've thought he would need some game time.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:49 pm

Of course you need 3 CMs against the mighty Carlisle. Milner starts again, outstanding !

Regardless of the players starting, I would have liked to see up continue to play the 2 upfront. We now go back to the 4-3-3 that hasnt/never worked for us.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games