LIVERPOOL VS NORTHAMPTON - Carling Cup 3rd round 22/9/10 8pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby rocky29 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:47 am

Greavesie wrote:I wouldnt go as far as bit hits. IIRC Mick stated that Koncheskey is better than what we've got and FWIW I agree with him (bar Aurelio whi plays every 8th game) and as far as Poulsen is concerned I'm not really sure what to think at the moment

I'm just going to remember the Masch and Xabi days, good times :(

the thing is mash is the type of player once hes on that pitch he would give a 100% no matter whats happening off field. roy should of demanded he stay end of
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby jimmy brighton » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:48 am

rocky29 wrote:
bigmick wrote:
rocky29 wrote:
bigmick wrote:I know Pacheco has been given star billing and I'm also sure people are right when they say he was poor tonight, but if you get a result like that against lower division opposition it's the experienced players and the management who must take the blame. I'm no Pacheco lover as I've barely seen him play, but he's just a kid.

There were a couple of players out there who have played in excess of 100 times for the first team and they should be absolutely bossing it. One of them (Agger) has been making noises about he likes to play a certain way in the press all week, well why didn't he do it then.

As for the management, feck all this blaming the paucity of the squad you were left/the owners/parry or any of that old b0ll0cks. This was a trophy we had a chance of winning, and to surrender in this fashion was a disgrace from players and managers alike.

so you honestly believe getting rid of aqua and mash hasnt made a massive difference to our squad. you dont rate aqua but you rate poulsen what a joke pal. lets see whos right in the end .

You're yet another on here who is more concerned about that than you are the club doing well. what makes it even more ironic, is you have talked utter sh!t about the subject of Aquilani from day one.

I'll let you into a secret mate, he was a country mile away from being good enough. I've been polite so far, because that's what I'm like, but the fact you still go on about him means either you had the hots for him, you are utterly clueless, or both.

whos clueless you think konchesky and poulsen are gona be big hits at the club  :laugh:

If the team can become a tightly knitted outfit with the likes of Gerrard, Carragher, Meireles. Torres, Cole, Skirtel, Agger, Johnson, Kuyt, Reina, then why cannot we become a force again in english football? There is no reason why not. We have the players to compete wih anyone. In that enviroment, then the likes of Poulsen and Konchesty will thrive and join the elite! Time!
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:51 am

rocky29 wrote:
Greavesie wrote:I wouldnt go as far as bit hits. IIRC Mick stated that Koncheskey is better than what we've got and FWIW I agree with him (bar Aurelio whi plays every 8th game) and as far as Poulsen is concerned I'm not really sure what to think at the moment

the thing is mash is the type of player once hes on that pitch he would give a 100% no matter whats happening off field. roy should of demanded he stay end of

well you cant exactly do that when he refuses to play can you. Look, I'm not gonna w@nk over Roy, far from it, neither am I going to nail my colours to the Rafa mast. But as far as I'm concerned Roy's hands were tied in the Masch matter and he had to be sold. Do I dare say that is a fact?  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby GRAHAM01 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:52 am

rocky29 wrote:

you really need to get over this mate.. ever post you have made tonight says the same thing, we should not have got rid of mash or aqua

well there GONE time to move on, yes i'm sure most would have loved to have still had mash here but we don't HE wanted to leave, it was not a case of us wanting to sale him

as for aqua well mate you must have seen things most others didn't??
Last edited by GRAHAM01 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:55 am

aqua is sh!t, keeping him was utterly pointless, can we end that one now?

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Greavesie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:59 am

Aqua had hardly friggin gelled Rocky, he'd barely :censored: played

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby GRAHAM01 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:59 am

rocky29 wrote:thats my point by the time meireles poulsen konchesky start to gel were gona be so far down in the dumps it will be to late. he should of kept aqua and mash till at least the jan transfer window then see. not send them packing now.

keep aqua for WHAT??

and what were we going to do with mash he refused to play for us or have you forgotten that
Last edited by GRAHAM01 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:03 am

hes taking the p!ss Graham surely

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby GRAHAM01 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:07 am

got to be??
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:08 am

aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:28 am

Very poor  result regardless of who manager was, what team we put out  or the competition that it was in.
Only silver lining for me is it will hopefully just put more pressure on those leeches to sell up.

Tough times ahead as most of us knew and Im sure it will get worse before it gets better
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:51 am

I've got to say, Roy is really beginning to worry me.  I think taking this horrible start to the season would have been easier if the team actually changed its style of play these defensive minded styles of play are fecking doing my head in.  Against Northampton, I mean really?  Feckin hell.  It's last season all over again except even worse.  Also from what people have said his body language was one of confusion and it's almost as if he's realizing just how much pressure you get at a club like Liverpool.  It's the second time this season he's looked absolutely out of it, having no idea what to do to change the match.  We need better from him end of, it felt like he just gave up last time I saw the look people are explaining from him. (Man City)

I had high hopes for this season and I didn't want to believe that Roy wasn't cut out for the job but this picture sums it up for me.

Sign of defeat from the manager is inexcusable, not doing anything until after the 90 minutes was over is inexcusable.  You can place the blame on the players for failing to take their chance to impress but the manager left them out there to die.  He should have done something. :\

Anyway.. I'm reading Shelvey had a good little stint when he came on, is that so?  I still really rate him and think he can turn into a quality player.  Anyone that can fill me in on how he played?
Zidane

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:08 am

Zidane wrote:I've got to say, Roy is really beginning to worry me.  I think taking this horrible start to the season would have been easier if the team actually changed its style of play these defensive minded styles of play are fecking doing my head in.  Against Northampton, I mean really?  Feckin hell.  It's last season all over again except even worse.  Also from what people have said his body language was one of confusion and it's almost as if he's realizing just how much pressure you get at a club like Liverpool.  It's the second time this season he's looked absolutely out of it, having no idea what to do to change the match.  We need better from him end of, it felt like he just gave up last time I saw the look people are explaining from him. (Man City)

I had high hopes for this season and I didn't want to believe that Roy wasn't cut out for the job but this picture sums it up for me.

Sign of defeat from the manager is inexcusable, not doing anything until after the 90 minutes was over is inexcusable.  You can place the blame on the players for failing to take their chance to impress but the manager left them out there to die.  He should have done something. :\

Anyway.. I'm reading Shelvey had a good little stint when he came on, is that so?  I still really rate him and think he can turn into a quality player.  Anyone that can fill me in on how he played?

The guy next to Roy looks like he's about to puke.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:26 am

i dont really care anymore. we're doing poorly both on and off the field. given the choice between whether i want results to improve or whether i want the ownership issue resolved, i would pick the latter. its just impossible to have success on the pitch when we've got such poor and distasteful owners anyway. having said that, half the squad play with zero dignity, pride or desire. i hope Roy was using this game as a gauge to see who should be sold or released in January.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:24 am

NANNY RED wrote:Sa reakly though when you think abuut it, You only haveto look at a couple if sesaons and and even tis seasion were if we got beat by the mancs fireinstance therewoild have been fecking up raor and yet we didnt seem ar,sed when we lost gainst the ,well some fans didnt Why because as Igor said you cant get your fire in your belly because our eyes on more other thing more imrotand things, i said to alad last night i am praying for the day when we can jst talk football , and how good or what he played like, but instead are heads are still batterd with these two and sometimes well all thetime this has to remain pririty. i wanna get bavk to stop being a financil , and leveraged godderick i wasnna just be a football fan again ,and aregue in the pub after the game who sh.it he was or how good he was .

Thats all

Someones been on the arl Brandy  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games