LIVERPOOL VS NORTHAMPTON - Carling Cup 3rd round 22/9/10 8pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Johnny Boy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:29 am

I was there last night, but despite being a season ticket holder for 25 years, I am struggling to get up for some games now. Especially the midweek fiasco's like last night, I didn't get home until well after midnight.

I don't also personally think we can just blame last night on the owners, the likes of Babel cost over £10 million pounds.
Aqualani £20 million and he goes out on feckin loan - Johnson £17 million, that's nearly 50 feckin million spent on 3 players and for what? that the owners fault too I suppose!!!!

Bottom line is our back up squad lacks quality - Shelvey looked enthuastic, wanted the ball and we were better when he came on. Sorry but Lucas, Babel are just not up to it and Agger looked like he was in dreamland.

Whilst it's not one of major trophies, there are only 4 at the start of the season we can win, obviously with the league out of our grasp we are down to 2.

Message to some of the players last night - you should scrub feckin floors for rest of the feckin year!!
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:32 am

Ciggy wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Sa reakly though when you think abuut it, You only haveto look at a couple if sesaons and and even tis seasion were if we got beat by the mancs fireinstance therewoild have been fecking up raor and yet we didnt seem ar,sed when we lost gainst the ,well some fans didnt Why because as Igor said you cant get your fire in your belly because our eyes on more other thing more imrotand things, i said to alad last night i am praying for the day when we can jst talk football , and how good or what he played like, but instead are heads are still batterd with these two and sometimes well all thetime this has to remain pririty. i wanna get bavk to stop being a financil , and leveraged godderick i wasnna just be a football fan again ,and aregue in the pub after the game who sh.it he was or how good he was .

Thats all

Someones been on the arl Brandy  :D

Ooooooo my god I cant believe ya juz said dat !

:D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:22 am

I kinda called it didnt I? I know that team was not good enough to beat Northampton if it went out all defensive.

I told you so

:rasp
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:38 am

bigmick wrote:
rocky29 wrote:
bigmick wrote:I know Pacheco has been given star billing and I'm also sure people are right when they say he was poor tonight, but if you get a result like that against lower division opposition it's the experienced players and the management who must take the blame. I'm no Pacheco lover as I've barely seen him play, but he's just a kid.

There were a couple of players out there who have played in excess of 100 times for the first team and they should be absolutely bossing it. One of them (Agger) has been making noises about he likes to play a certain way in the press all week, well why didn't he do it then.

As for the management, feck all this blaming the paucity of the squad you were left/the owners/parry or any of that old b0ll0cks. This was a trophy we had a chance of winning, and to surrender in this fashion was a disgrace from players and managers alike.

so you honestly believe getting rid of aqua and mash hasnt made a massive difference to our squad. you dont rate aqua but you rate poulsen what a joke pal. lets see whos right in the end .

You're yet another on here who is more concerned about that than you are the club doing well. what makes it even more ironic, is you have talked utter sh!t about the subject of Aquilani from day one.

I'll let you into a secret mate, he was a country mile away from being good enough. I've been polite so far, because that's what I'm like, but the fact you still go on about him means either you had the hots for him, you are utterly clueless, or both.

In the small amount of time he was actually on the pitch and played for us, Aquilani had 7 assists and 2 goals.
Whether he would have become a good player for LFC we'll never know. I doubt if he could have pulled that round last night?
Thommo's perm

Postby RedSi35 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:45 am

Not seen any of the highlights from last nights game, but other than us being awful, how did we lose this game?

We had 6 players who play for their national side in the team............................1 world cup winner ( lolz ) and 5 highly promising ( if you beleive the hype ) youngsters who are destined for greatness !

Obviously the skill is there, but these days it seems the desire is gone. Where is the fighting spirit that has long been a Liverpool trade mark, the pride in wearing the red?

Northampton seemed to have it.

Maybe some of our players need a lesson in the history of LFC, force them to watch videos of Shanks & Paisley.

Maybe get Carra and Stevie to give them a :censored: good talking too in the dressing room. At the moment the whole squad looks lost of desire to play anymore, whether thats the ownership, manager, tactics, wages, cant be arsed attitude etc etc i dont know. :(
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:06 am

One of the worst games i have ever been to.

I dont get why we didnt make a substitution until the 91st minute  ???

Also since when did our subs start warming up running towards the annie rd end ?  ???
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby fivecups » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:12 am

Lee J wrote:I kinda called it didnt I? I know that team was not good enough to beat Northampton if it went out all defensive.

I told you so

You actually did. Fair play, I thought we would have won comfortably enough even with a second team out.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:22 am

fivecups wrote:
Lee J wrote:I kinda called it didnt I? I know that team was not good enough to beat Northampton if it went out all defensive.

I told you so

You actually did. Fair play, I thought we would have won comfortably enough even with a second team out.

So did i  :(

It's still worrying me that we appear to be playing the exact same system that failed last season for the majority of games.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:28 am

Other than the goal, Liverpool did not have one single shot on target in normal time.

if thats true, its bloody shocking bad!
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:02 pm

:(
Give Roy a break, he has inherited a squad full of below average and expensive players where most of them had been brought into the LFC by Benitez as his jewels!!! This is very much predicted on last season showing and performances, LFC team would in fact have struggled under Benitez for sure, the writing was on the wall, since the two previous disastrous regimes under Houllier and Benitez, apart from few successful plops, but on longer run the standards of the team and quality of the in coming players had been lowered horribly, and what we witness nowadays is the a frank and truthful picture and team display, it is catastrophe time, where LFC is heading into Leeds United’s path.
We all could say on last night team display was shameful and disgraces to every LFC player, whether or not has been included in last team. But we must accept the present squad is not good enough to claim any of the seven spots in the league this season, I do predict who is ever in charge be it the lousy Benitez, or Roy would have their biggest challenge of their career to stop LFC fighting struggling clubs in the lower half of the league, at least the latter one is honestly trying to steady a big sinking ship (LFC), whereas profiteering owners and the previous manager (Benitez) who was left to run havoc without being supervised properly, have in fact lost control of every aspect of the club. It could honestly be a very bad times this season, no thanks to Benitez, he has ruined the club for good, and I am for one do not dream of a successful campaign.
algymoon

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:06 pm

Blame Rafa.  typical...
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:12 pm

algymoon wrote: :(
Give Roy a break, he has inherited a squad full of below average and expensive players where most of them had been brought into the LFC by Benitez as his jewels!!! This is very much predicted on last season showing and performances, LFC team would in fact have struggled under Benitez for sure, the writing was on the wall, since the two previous disastrous regimes under Houllier and Benitez, apart from few successful plops, but on longer run the standards of the team and quality of the in coming players had been lowered horribly, and what we witness nowadays is the a frank and truthful picture and team display, it is catastrophe time, where LFC is heading into Leeds United’s path.
We all could say on last night team display was shameful and disgraces to every LFC player, whether or not has been included in last team. But we must accept the present squad is not good enough to claim any of the seven spots in the league this season, I do predict who is ever in charge be it the lousy Benitez, or Roy would have their biggest challenge of their career to stop LFC fighting struggling clubs in the lower half of the league, at least the latter one is honestly trying to steady a big sinking ship (LFC), whereas profiteering owners and the previous manager (Benitez) who was left to run havoc without being supervised properly, have in fact lost control of every aspect of the club. It could honestly be a very bad times this season, no thanks to Benitez, he has ruined the club for good, and I am for one do not dream of a successful campaign.

Is this the same Benitez that made a profit in the transfer window for the owners so they could pay off the debts to the banks?

Posts like this make me so angry, what Roy has at his disposal here is 10 times better than what he had at Fulham, his football is dire, defensive and out dated.

Rafa is top of the Italian league has won two trophys already where as we are 16th and got beat last night by a bunch of binmen.

We have sacked one manager brought in a mediocre one and its cost us 11 million pounds in the process and we are playing worse than anything we witnessed under rafa well in Purslow & Broughton  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brentd4 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:15 pm

shockin, im startin to lose all interest in football, its so awful.
if only we got martin oneill, but hey thers always room at xmas when were in the relegation zone and outta everycup and hav bout 30points to catch up on the top of the table.. brilliant!!!!

goodbye 2010-11 season, il c u again next year
brentd4

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:29 pm

brentd4 wrote:shockin, im startin to lose all interest in football, its so awful.
if only we got martin oneill, but hey thers always room at xmas when were in the relegation zone and outta everycup and hav bout 30points to catch up on the top of the table.. brilliant!!!!

goodbye 2010-11 season, il c u again next year

After last night, i wouldn't be surprised if Christian has the phone out today.

But MON would also play long ball football.
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:17 pm

A lot of people keep harping on...

"play the kids, give the youngsters a run out, rafa didn't use them so let them show what they have got blah blah blah!"

well they had their chance and they fuk'd it. they're sh!te. end of.

these players are no where near good enough. Time to play the 1st 11 week in week out (injuries permitting) and get shut of these numptys.

Pacheco, spearing, eccleston and any other tom, d!ck or harry who hasn't really got a clue - your time is up.

Next cup game be it FA or Uefa I dont want to hear "play the young blood etc" - I wanna see the strongest 11 on that field.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games