YOUNG BOYS VS LIVERPOOL 20/9/2012 ko 6pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby dundreamin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:51 pm

We spanked the young boys!!! ohherr matron
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby metalhead » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:53 pm

dundreamin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:51 pm wrote:We spanked the young boys!!! ohherr matron

paedophile
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:22 pm

metalhead » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:53 pm wrote:
dundreamin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:51 pm wrote:We spanked the young boys!!! ohherr matron

paedophile

In Wanktown!
:oops:
Thommo's perm

Postby Eagle » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:25 pm

Enrique and Carragher were very poor.  Sahin clearly has a lot of quality on the ball but after barely playing over the last 12 months doesn’t look physically sharp and maybe even a little fat as their players were walking past him at times. Assaidi looked good, a bold sort of player who will make things happen, but needs games to get sharp. Pacheco clearly isn’t suited to being the furthest man forward and would be more effective playing on the left. Suso has excellent ability with the ball at his feet but I think his future is playing on the right rather than in the centre.

The two big pluses for me were Henderson and Wisdom. Henderson put in exactly the type of performance you want from players on the fringe. He was really determined to be one of the best players on the pitch, consistently demanding the ball and using it well and aggressive off it. He showed a confidence and determination I haven’t seen from him before. Downing should take note as he put in another average performance against pretty poor opposition.

Wisdom showed excellent maturity and was the best defender on the pitch today from both sides. He is naturally a centre back and if he can repeat today’s performance at centre back a few times he really should be pushing ahead of Carragher this season rather than next. Flanagan put in similarly assured performances early on but then struggled so its early days but Wisdom deserves to keep his place for the game against West Brom next week.

All in all a good nights work. Away win and a couple of players making their debuts with others gaining some much needed match fitness.
Eagle

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:31 pm

Raoul » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:00 pm wrote:Well, I enjoyed that. Shelvey certainly made a difference, but I think we need to recognise Borini - obviously Coates goal would've been saved without  Borini's obviously dummy to put the defender off, and Shelvey's second came as a result of a great little turn and run from Borini that opened up the defence for Shelvey to run in.

Enrique and Carra weren't great were they? Our defence this year has been concerning, a lot of individual errors.

Borini's dummy ?
Ha! PMSL.....that was no dummy ya muppet, he had an airball...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Scottbot » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:19 am

In many ways (except we scored some goals!) it was a mirror image of the mixed bag we have seen in the league performances so far this season.

We looked shaky defensively and gave away a couple of poor goals,
The passing was very tidy and impresive at times.
Whenever we got the ball wide there were never enough bodies committing forward into the penalty area
At times we pressed the ball well

Great to see some of the youngsters playing and if these kids can get us through the group stages and then for a couple of them to really progress from there then we might look back and say thank fook the owners didn't give Rodgers the funds he needed to really sort the squad out.....

He was only on the field for 20 minutes but Shelvey looked an absolute cut above the rest of the players on the pitch. Very impressed with the way the kid is developing. Also great to read that the club are in negotiations with Agger about a new deal so it's not all doom and gloom.

But we don't half need a fookin win against the mancs to get this season properly up and running.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:04 am

Like a lot of you I thought Enrique and Carra were poor, especially Enrique, he seemed really slow.  Coates and Wisdom did alright in the back, but it's hard to compliment defenders when you concede 3.  Thought Hendo and Sahin had a really good second half, and obviously Shelvey did really well.  Borini did well off the bench.  Suso looked confident and comfortable on the ball. Assaidi looked decent.  Good pace and not afraid to take people on.  I thought Pacheco was unfortunately a bit useless, he really just couldn't seem to properly get in the game.  Jones was a bit shaky as well.  Downing had a really poor first half, but did ok in the second.  In the first he seemed like he thought he was playing against a blue square club or something, and he seemed to misplace every single pass.

Our main problem in the first half was our lack of people in the box.  We really couldn't get anybody on the receiving end of any of those crosses, or crosses weren't sent in because there was nobody there.  Our attack was just too small.  We scored twice on corners today, which seems like has never happened for us before, so that was good (and from our two defenders as well) but I think it outline the fact that we need our defensive players in the box to score in the air, so really that's only going to happen on set pieces.  Only Skrtel, Agger, and Coates seem capable of really getting a good head to the ball anymore (and apparently Wisdom)
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Raoul » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:20 am

bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:31 pm wrote:
Raoul » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:00 pm wrote:Well, I enjoyed that. Shelvey certainly made a difference, but I think we need to recognise Borini - obviously Coates goal would've been saved without  Borini's obviously dummy to put the defender off, and Shelvey's second came as a result of a great little turn and run from Borini that opened up the defence for Shelvey to run in.

Enrique and Carra weren't great were they? Our defence this year has been concerning, a lot of individual errors.

Borini's dummy ?
Ha! PMSL.....that was no dummy ya muppet, he had an airball...

Knew I should have but in an emoticon after that line... I wasn't being serious ya muppet
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:26 am

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:26 pm wrote:Sterling - not on long enough to make an impact
Borini - same as above

Coates' and Shelvey's second goal were both a direct result of Borini's movement (yes bungle, one piece of movement was rather better than the other). I thought his introduction for Pacheco was as important as Shelvey's.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:28 am

Young Boys hadn't allowed more than 2 goals in any of their league games so far this season.  Would it be fair to say that Young Boys are tight at the back?

Coat already on.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:25 am

The Good Yank » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:28 am wrote:Young Boys hadn't allowed more than 2 goals in any of their league games so far this season.  Would it be fair to say that Young Boys are tight at the back?

Coat already on.

At 3-3, I thought they'd enjoy cumming from behind.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:30 am

Despite the win and a good performance, one thing that is still clear is we aren't any nearer to solving our striking problem. No striker goals again.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:37 am

Carragher was poor but he hasnt really had game time so could be off the pace a touch and with his age he and years he has given to us ill excuse his performance.

Enrique on the other hand was diabolical i think everyone of there goals was his fault in one way or another.

On to the positives. Henderson was fantastic demanded the ball drove forward with it help the  younger lads out. Everything thats been missing with Gerrard recently Henderson showed it last night.

Assaidi for his debut he did very well and will only improve with more games. He knows how to beat a man he knows where the goal is definetely should get a place on the bench for sunday.

Wisdom looks very good however with Johnson and Kelly covering the right back spot for the next 8-10 years im not sure if he will ever break into the side. A real shame

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:11 am

SouthCoastShankly » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:30 am wrote:Despite the win and a good performance, one thing that is still clear is we aren't any nearer to solving our striking problem. No striker goals again.

Well, it's about time that midfield and defense chipped in with their fair share of goals.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:46 am

Young boys away with our young unknowns for most part with home game against Mancs this weekend.

I take that result any week of the season
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games