WBA VS LIVERPOOL - 2nd april 2011 ko 3.00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby alwayslfc » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:49 am

In this game, Roy has an old score to settle. I'm sure this game is the game he wants to win the most this season because he wants revenge on Liverpool for dumping him after 5 months at the helm. He's good at managing small clubs and WBrom I'm sure will be well disciplined and hard to beat.

On paper Liverpool should win this one but the ball is round, anything could happen.
alwayslfc

Postby ethanr » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:21 am

I worry that RH will have inspired his boys to win this one.  It will be a hard game no matter which way you look at it.  Luckily Vela shouldn't be playing, but if WBA come to play, they could very well cause us problems. 

No matter the final score, I hope our fans are respectful to RH.  He didn't do what we wanted from him, but he really had the hardest task from any other recent Liverpool manager.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby KennyisGod....still » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:39 pm

dunno bout respectful, i'd like t see any goalscorer run t th bench an moon old coco th clown as he rubs his face furiously!!
on th serious side, he may know a little about our defensiv frailties that could test us, but if Suarez an Carroll can hit the heights we should do em comfy style.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:22 pm

ethanr wrote:I hope our fans are respectful to RH. 

Why? He didn't show any respect to our fans when he was here.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:25 pm

aye fuk him and his tin pot club. He might know a bit about some of the players but he knows fek about Carroll and Saurez,
ripping of new ar$ehole time if those two click into gear from the off. I bet he sets up like he did against chelsea, 3 at the back?

WBA 0 - 3 LFC (Gerrard, Carroll 2)
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:59 pm

stmichael wrote:
ethanr wrote:I hope our fans are respectful to RH. 

Why? He didn't show any respect to our fans when he was here.

Ok no bias aside, let's look at what he went through.

He was not a good manager for Liverpool, there's not doubt about that.

He almost instantly lost support, and he wasn't afraid to say he didn't lose support.

I mean it's not like he said bad things about the Liverpool fans, he just said nobody was supporting what they were trying to do.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a RH fan and I was as happy as any that he's gone and KK is back, but we are LFC, a class above the rest.  We don't need to be disrespectful to him to show we weren't happy with him, he already knows.

Tho what if WBA manage to win, What will he say?  :D
ethanr

Postby Number 9 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:14 pm

I hope we hammer them....dont like Roy at all!  2nil reds
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:39 pm

Roy Hodgson was treat like sh!t while he was here. He received absolutely no leeway in his decisions, was given no credit for when he won a game and was given dogs abuse constantly. Regardles of whether he or not he was good for Liverpool, the way he was treated was awful. His biggest, most monumental c@ck up was replacing Rafa, and for that he was vilified.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:56 pm

I just saw an interesting stat.

Liverpool Vs. WBA in the Prem:

9 matches played.

Liverpool have won all 9 matches.

Aggregate score:

Liverpool 25-0 WBA

I like those stats :)
ethanr

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:32 am

Kharhaz wrote:Roy Hodgson was treat like sh!t while he was here. He received absolutely no leeway in his decisions, was given no credit for when he won a game and was given dogs abuse constantly. Regardles of whether he or not he was good for Liverpool, the way he was treated was awful. His biggest, most monumental c@ck up was replacing Rafa, and for that he was vilified.

Wrong that . His biggest most monumental :censored: up was being roy hodgson . Deserved all abuse he got the fraud . He was a sh!te manager before he came to Liverpool , he stayed a :censored: manager whilst with us and still is a :censored: manager .FACTA :censored:INMUNDO

Not fit to be anywhere near the same pitch as Kenny .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:47 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Roy Hodgson was treat like sh!t while he was here. He received absolutely no leeway in his decisions, was given no credit for when he won a game and was given dogs abuse constantly. Regardles of whether he or not he was good for Liverpool, the way he was treated was awful. His biggest, most monumental c@ck up was replacing Rafa, and for that he was vilified.

Wrong that . His biggest most monumental :censored: up was being roy hodgson . Deserved all abuse he got the fraud . He was a sh!te manager before he came to Liverpool , he stayed a :censored: manager whilst with us and still is a :censored: manager .FACTA :censored:INMUNDO

Not fit to be anywhere near the same pitch as Kenny .

Liverpool asked him to be manager, he answered and gave his best. Now we all know he wasnt good enough but how in hell did he deserve the abuse he got?

The fact is he didnt. What gets me the most is the fact that, despite Roy showing negative tactics, Rafa was equally adept at that, but Rafa can do no wrong. The game at birmingham when we drew, people were calling for Roys blood, and yet Rafa, at home to birmingham, when Ngog dived to earn us that, and Rafa had a beaming smile at the end of the game, shows the hypocrisy.

Without any doubt, Roy is a victim of double standards.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:26 am

I have to agree with Kharhaz on this one.  I't doesn't matter how he performed so much, the board asked him to be our manager.  It's not like he conned the board into thinking he was somebody else.  They didn't watch a youtube video on him and be like, oh let's get this guy! (I hope :p ).  But he was treated horribly when things went wrong.  The fact that he didn't belong here is not his fault, he was given the opportunity and how many wouldn't jump at that chance?

I'm not saying he was a good manager, it's just not his fault that the board thought he was the right choice for Liverpool.  It's obvious he's more of a defensive, let's steal the points type of manager and the board didn't see that until it was too late.
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:24 am

ethanr wrote:I just saw an interesting stat.

Liverpool Vs. Wolves in the Prem:

9 matches played.

Aggregate score:

Liverpool 25-0 WBA

You've got nowt on Owzat, I mean Wolves then a 25 nil agg against WBA. At leat you weren't far off in geographic location, I'll give you that.  :D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:34 am

I do agree with Kharhaz and ethnar to an extent, he got dog's abuse even before a ball was kicked but he didn't make things better for himself after that with some delirious and negative post/pre match comments.

I personally don't think Liverpool fans did themselves or their reputation any good though while he was here, most neutrals thought our behaviour towards the bloke was disgraceful, there was no ''Liverpool way'' in how we treated him.

It's water under the bridge now though, hope we take all three points at the Hawthorns, some of the comments on their forums about us, is pretty shocking, shame really I always thought the majority of WBA fans were class, noisy and humerous to boot.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:23 am

ethanr wrote:I just saw an interesting stat.

Liverpool Vs. Wolves in the Prem:

9 matches played.

Aggregate score:

Liverpool 25-0 WBA

I'm still trying to think of what this post means and what it has to do with the match.   :p Aren't we playing West Brom?
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games