TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS LIVERPOOL - August 16th, 16:00 ko (day1)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:25 pm

Image vs. Image

Ground:   White Hart Lane

Team News:

Tottenham:

INJURED : Bale, Dawson,  Woodgate, Jenas
BANNED  : none

Predicted Lineup :

Gomes

Corluka          King           Bassong          Ekotto

Palacios

Lennon                                                Modric

Keane

Crouch           Defoe

Liverpool:

INJURED : Aquilani, Aurelio, El-Zhar, Skrtel (doubtful), Agger (doubtful),
BANNED  : none

Predicted Lineup :

Reina

Johnson          Carra           Skrtel          Insua

Lucas         Mascherano

Kuyt                                                    Riera

Gerrard

Torres

Lets get it started...
Last edited by aCe' on Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:04 pm

3-0 to the reds.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:05 pm

I'm quite interested to see how our midfield and attack will line up in this game. I think there is a stong possibility of Gerrard pushing back into midfield and Babel coming into the line-up to play behind Torres.....

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:30 pm

Feeney wrote:I'm quite interested to see how our midfield and attack will line up in this game. I think there is a stong possibility of Gerrard pushing back into midfield and Babel coming into the line-up to play behind Torres.....

same here... dont think we'll see many surprises regarding our selection though..
probably line up something like this...

Reina

Johnson        Carragher             Agger/Skrtel        Insua

Lucas              Mascherano

Kuyt                          Gerrard                        Benayoun

Torres

My main worry regarding that side would be the midfield... Lucas and Mascherano...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:35 am

After such an uninspiring pre-season warm up I think we're going to struggle.

1-1 I'm afraid.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:46 am

So seasons is about to kick off.. Good thread opener ace... Would like peeps to start it off like that, good info!

Anyhow will be a tough match, any first game is. Confident will win this one..

spurs 0-2 liverpool .... torres 2
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:34 pm

Reg wrote:After such an uninspiring pre-season warm up I think we're going to struggle.

1-1 I'm afraid.

Before last season we were just as bad in pre-seasons yet we got off to a flying start. And ive heard Tottenham's starting 11 have had a bad pre-season.

2-0 to the mighty reds  :grinning:
Fauxy

Postby Keris » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:58 pm

Can't wait for the new season to start. Would like to see a new shape midfield with just masher playing the holding role while gerrard and maybe lucas pushing from midfield.

1-0 to the redmen. Torres.  :buttrock
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Reg wrote:After such an uninspiring pre-season warm up I think we're going to struggle.

1-1 I'm afraid.

there's nothing much I can add to this so

:nod

:(
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:15 pm

preseason... not promising at all... still a week or so from the start of the season hopefully the players get in the mood with the international games coming up... But agree with Lakes on what he said in another thread, out of the top sides we look the most unfit and in terms of the squad we seem to be very limited in options... no decent fullback cover, no decent CB cover, no decent CM cover for a month or two, no cover for Gerrard, no cover for Torres, dont know when Riera will be back but besides Babel, our bench doesnt look promising at all ...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:17 pm

aCe' wrote:preseason... not promising at all... still a week or so from the start of the season hopefully the players get in the mood with the international games coming up... But agree with Lakes on what he said in another thread, out of the top sides we look the most unfit and in terms of the squad we seem to be very limited in options... no decent fullback cover, no decent CB cover, no decent CM cover for a month or two, no cover for Gerrard, no cover for Torres, dont know when Riera will be back but besides Babel, our bench doesnt look promising at all ...

Jaysus, mate....reading (most of) your posts, I'm inclined to slash my wrists....
Lighten up, will ya ?
We're gonna win the league this season (at least, I bleedin' well HOPE we will !!)
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:51 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
aCe' wrote:preseason... not promising at all... still a week or so from the start of the season hopefully the players get in the mood with the international games coming up... But agree with Lakes on what he said in another thread, out of the top sides we look the most unfit and in terms of the squad we seem to be very limited in options... no decent fullback cover, no decent CB cover, no decent CM cover for a month or two, no cover for Gerrard, no cover for Torres, dont know when Riera will be back but besides Babel, our bench doesnt look promising at all ...

Jaysus, mate....reading (most of) your posts, I'm inclined to slash my wrists....
Lighten up, will ya ?
We're gonna win the league this season (at least, I bleedin' well HOPE we will !!)

Well, i think its between us and Chelsea.. if we get through the first couple of months without injuries and with us being there or thereabouts from the top of the table, we'd be in a very good position imo... Aquilani will be a big player for us and i cant wait to have him in the side tbh... huge difference in quality between him and Lucas and him settling in the side will go a long way in determining where we stand come May...

I hope we win the league too and i think we're in with a good shout but the way we 'come out of the blocks' will be crucial in shaping up our season especially given the circumstances atm (injuries, fitness, lack of cover, players ettling in..etc etc)
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:53 pm

The team looks unfit? Been keeping tabs on their fitness level stats in Melwood, have we?

Complete bollox!

Preseason results means f*ck all and we'll do Spurs next Sunday.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:09 am

Emerald Red wrote:

The team looks unfit? Been keeping tabs on their fitness level stats in Melwood, have we?

Complete bollox!

i hope so...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:09 am

Emerald Red wrote:

Complete bollox!

spot on!   :nod

In pre-season the tempo is usually not 100% and player don't put their all in the matches.

When it matters thats when all input is thrashed out.

Should'nt worry about pre-season results that much.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games