LIVERPOOL VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - Monday 6th feb 2012 - 8pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:33 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Kerry your desperate to see him fail, your $hitting yourself coz he is starting to look good.  #bluenose

I thought Carrol had an Off game tonight ,his touch was very heavy with the ball ,he missed at least 2 decent chances and looked pretty clumsy overall. The fact the lads can't put one decent ball into the box doesn't serve him any favour also ,but right now he is not in a good place.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Kerry07 wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:
Kerry07 wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Another great performance from Andy Carroll. Again it just isn't happening in the final 3rd. We look like we are rushing the final pass.

Behave.

Seen a lot of him, but very little quality.

cmon carroll was decent tonight.
he showed for everything and ran his legs off.
dont know how you cant see that.

He worked hard no doubt, and wasnt anonymous.. but that doesnt disguise the lack of quality. Workrate and effort are the mininum.

Suarez played him through on the right and he spoiled the move by holding it up.

Carroll is only one small matter though as the overall "attack" is bl*oody awful.

It was a poor ball from Suarez, he pushed it too wide, but your not going to see that are you?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby metalhead » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:39 pm

I don't think Carroll had a good game to be honest, not his fault yet again because he got no support whats so ever. I thought Tottenham were brilliant defensively, especially Scott Parker who was all over the place. We lacked creativity in our final third and most of our crosses were poor! We dominated possession but couldn't get the final ball right. Suarez looked a bit rusty to me when he came on and almost get  himself sent off for kicking Scott Parker! should be careful next time. Gerrard had a wonderful game and tried to create some chances. Spearing and Adam had good games. Our backfour was pretty solid apart from when Bale beat the offside trap. Bellamy was ok, tracked back a lot! Kuyt was anonymous, I thought he was the only player who didn't get involved much.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:41 pm

Games like this show the technical deficiency of the current squad
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:41 pm

Kerry07 wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:that was just another frustrating game.
we have the lowest conversion rate in the league this season.its been like that since august and here we are 6 months later with the same problem.
it should have been addressed in january cos its pretty clear now that we are sh1t up front.

Its not just upfront, its from the midfield on. Two (possibly three including Bellamy) of the front six are good enough.

Spurs were without Lennon, Defoe, Van Der Vaart, their manager, and were at Anfield (thats meant to be our home).. and for long spells they controlled the ball. We needed a goal, needed to attack, and he takes off Bellamy and Kuyt, while Spearing is sat in midfield still contributing zero.

I'm seriously beginning to worry about Kenny as the negativity is costing us.

i thought spearing gave the ball away a couple of times but other than that he played well.
kuyt is just pure :censored: and belongs in the finnish league or some equivalent,not here.yes he runs about the place and gives 100% but thats mostly because he gave it away in the first place.no control, no pace and no inteligence.play constantly breaks down around him.he offers us zilch.

im not really worried about kenny as we do dominate teams and create chances so in that aspect he is doing well.
he did fook up though in letting merieles and aqua leave in the summer when we were always struggling for creativity.
this season we just havent been good enough
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:45 pm

Carroll didnt have a good game but in his defense the service was shocking. We had plenty of possession and I'm afraid the fact that we decided to pick Carroll as our lone striker here meant that our best option to get the ball in the back of the net is by him heading it in or knocking it down for someone to. As things turned out, we failed to put decent crosses in and he failed to make an impact in the game.

Poor game all around and the defensive display (Skrtel in particular) + Suarez being back are the only positives I can think of.

The result puts pressure on us to go out and beat ManUtd at their ground because if we dont we could realistically (if not mathematically) be out of the race for 4th.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:46 pm

sgs wrote:Games like this show the technical deficiency of the current squad

spot on.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:58 pm

aCe' wrote:Carroll didnt have a good game but in his defense the service was shocking. We had plenty of possession and I'm afraid the fact that we decided to pick Carroll as our lone striker here meant that our best option to get the ball in the back of the net is by him heading it in or knocking it down for someone to. As things turned out, we failed to put decent crosses in and he failed to make an impact in the game.

Poor game all around and the defensive display (Skrtel in particular) + Suarez being back are the only positives I can think of.

The result puts pressure on us to go out and beat ManUtd at their ground because if we dont we could realistically (if not mathematically) be out of the race for 4th.

sums up my sentiments, except it wasn't a poor performance, just a poor result.

I thought we did well, but the problem is again we just lack cutting edge
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:05 am

The cat summed up the evening though, he has a twitter account as well @AnfieldCat :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:12 am

Our midfield is lacking in skill and technique, we need a right winger badly, that has to be the first thing to be addressed in the summer
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:13 am

metalhead wrote:
aCe' wrote:Carroll didnt have a good game but in his defense the service was shocking. We had plenty of possession and I'm afraid the fact that we decided to pick Carroll as our lone striker here meant that our best option to get the ball in the back of the net is by him heading it in or knocking it down for someone to. As things turned out, we failed to put decent crosses in and he failed to make an impact in the game.

sums up my sentiments, except it wasn't a poor performance, just a poor result.

I thought we did well, but the problem is again we just lack cutting edge

Agreed MH. I don't think the performance was tooooooooo bad. We can't cross for shyte though. That's lame. I can't think of any shot they had on target other than Bale in a one-on-one...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby jimmy brighton » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:47 am

Kerry07 wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:that was just another frustrating game.
we have the lowest conversion rate in the league this season.its been like that since august and here we are 6 months later with the same problem.
it should have been addressed in january cos its pretty clear now that we are sh1t up front.

Its not just upfront, its from the midfield on. Two (possibly three including Bellamy) of the front six are good enough.

Spurs were without Lennon, Defoe, Van Der Vaart, their manager, and were at Anfield (thats meant to be our home).. and for long spells they controlled the ball. We needed a goal, needed to attack, and he takes off Bellamy and Kuyt, while Spearing is sat in midfield still contributing zero.

I'm seriously beginning to worry about Kenny as the negativity is costing us.

Will you listen to yourself? We are 2/3rds into out re-building season. We've reached one cup final, in within a decent shout of the other. just beaten the top 2, and, ok, we faltered a little tonight but its all part of the learning process these boys are going through. Dont forget, collectively they've won very little and its a hard habit to get into
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:01 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:Our midfield is lacking in skill and technique, we need a right winger badly, that has to be the first thing to be addressed in the summer

Come on now that's crazy talk. The 1st signing of the summer will be a new backup goalie.  :D

Patience guys. In the summer we will make some more big signings, Rome wasn't built in a day.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:01 am

Disappointing result... time and time again were are given the opportunity to close the gap on whoever's in 4th place... time and time again we don't deliver... we're not gonna get 4th place... we will be 6th again.

sick and tired of excuses and calls for perspective...

"we're only 3 points away from Chelsea" becomes
"we're only 4 points away from Chelsea" will become
"we're only 6 points away from Chelsea" will become
"we're only 9 points away from Chelsea" will become
"o-oh... we're 12 points away from Chelsea and we're 6th"
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:05 am

Anyone still think we're going to finish 4th? Yes, we're only 4 points behind 4th place Chelsea. But with the resutls we've been having at home and with Newc and Arsenal doing quite well, it's virtually out of the question. 7th place is more likely, 6th if we're lucky enough to topple Newc. Sorry for being so negative.

KD didn't sign any quality players in January and we're now seeing the results. I don't agree with him nor what Commolli said in the summer that the squad and the signings were good enough. Carroll is not worth 35 million. A striker of that price should be one who should be scoring consistently and should have reached at least 14 to 18 goals by now, not the miserable 3 goals. If KD loses his job in the summer, he can put down to the panic buy as one of the chief causes. And Suarez could be off to one of the big 2 in Spain for no CL football.
alwayslfc

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games