liverpool v tottenham hotspur sat 28/7 m&t stadium baltimore

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:15 pm

agree was a terrible scrappy game where we lacked creativity.we were slightly better 2nd half.
we need to find a balance that works and for me that should include sterling,pacheco and aqualani.
1 goal from 3 games is p1$$ poor even if it is only preseason.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby burjennio » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:42 pm

watching joe allen during the G.B game the other night I could see why Rodgers is so interested in bringing him in, he always keeps the ball circulating at a high tempo, and is always available for the return pass, something which our players seem to be struggling with in midfield atm, though Id have thought Charlie Adam would have been a natural for the role but clearly the fella needs too much time to dwell on it. I guess its easy to forget that the Swansea guys had been playing that style for a few seasons and its asking alot of our crop to be able to adapt at such an early stage. Still not impressed with Joe Cole but I thought Jonjo Shelvey looked promising tonight
burjennio

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:33 pm

you cant read anything into these games, the sides rodgers has put out are nowhere near what most people would consider our best XI plus the players are probably training on the morning of the game and using the matches as part of double training sessions etc.
a lot of our first team squad only arrived back for pre season training a week ago, they probably arent even fit enough yet to complete 90 minutes.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:35 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:15 pm wrote:agree was a terrible scrappy game where we lacked creativity.we were slightly better 2nd half.
we need to find a balance that works and for me that should include sterling,pacheco and aqualani.
1 goal from 3 games is p1$$ poor even if it is only preseason.

2 goals
Benny The Noon

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:07 pm

well what can i say about that game....not a lot.
it was a bit of a mess in truth.
i am worried that we have only have something like 2 weeks before kick off and we look like a team dead on its feet with no idea how to build up an attack.

is this the way we are going to play next season......we might never get beat but we might end up with all 0-0.
if that the case going by what happend to kenny we better start thinking who the owners have in mind for our next manager.

ok that last bit just me having a pop at the owners for coming out saying Kenny was going to get the sack even if he won the fa cup.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:10 pm

was really impressed with sama. some prospect him.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:25 pm

lakes10 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:07 pm wrote:well what can i say about that game....not a lot.
it was a bit of a mess in truth.
i am worried that we have only have something like 2 weeks before kick off and we look like a team dead on its feet with no idea how to build up an attack.

is this the way we are going to play next season......we might never get beat but we might end up with all 0-0.
if that the case going by what happend to kenny we better start thinking who the owners have in mind for our next manager.

ok that last bit just me having a pop at the owners for coming out saying Kenny was going to get the sack even if he won the fa cup.

we shouldnt look too much into our pre season form so far but at the same time we do need to start to get our sh*t together, 3 of our first 5 league games are some of the biggest games of our season.
with 2 weeks to go half of our first team squad arent fit enough to complete 90 minutes and our best player is still at the olympics.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:10 am

Was a great day for us yesterday down in Baltimore.  My son opted to hang out with Stevie for a little while instead of being a mascot.  Meant alot to spend some time with his idol than walking out on the pitch would have.

It was really blazing hot and humid wihich was quite obvious on the affects it had on the players.  The narrow pitch also played a big part IMO.  Lots of cross field balls going out of bounds, tighter spaces etc.  Thought we looked pretty good at times, particulary when Borini, Carroll, Lucas and Gerrard came on.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:10 pm

The Good Yank » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:10 am wrote:Was a great day for us yesterday down in Baltimore.  My son opted to hang out with Stevie for a little while instead of being a mascot.  Meant alot to spend some time with his idol than walking out on the pitch would have.

It was really blazing hot and humid wihich was quite obvious on the affects it had on the players.  The narrow pitch also played a big part IMO.  Lots of cross field balls going out of bounds, tighter spaces etc.  Thought we looked pretty good at times, particulary when Borini, Carroll, Lucas and Gerrard came on.

'Out of Bounds' The Open Golf was a couple of weeks ago mate  :laugh:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Terrible pitch and ridiculous heat made for a poor game.
Eagle

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:35 pm

dumbasses, it was an exhibition game... players coaches and managers all take it as training, nothing more... stop whining...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:49 pm

maguskwt » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:35 pm wrote:dumbasses, it was an exhibition game... players coaches and managers all take it as training, nothing more... stop whining...

try telling that to Charlie Adam  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby mart » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:02 pm

lakes10 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:07 pm wrote:i am worried that we have only have something like 2 weeks before kick off and we look like a team dead on its feet with no idea how to build up an attack.

When we play a mix of kids and reserves in a meaningless training exercise you cant expect too much.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby BKrimmel » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:52 am

Was at the match sitting front row of the LFC supporters section. Wasn't awful second half after dreadful first. Thought Hendo was creative, Sterling lacked final ball, but caused all sorts of problems until that final ball. Heat wasn't too bad for the locals (was only a touch of 90 degrees with good humidity) in the weeks before we had 10 or so straight days of above 90 and a few in the 98-104 range. Pitch was not helpful. M&T uses an artificial surface like most American Football stadiums and had sod laid on top of that surface. Ball does not have true bounce. But LFC looked the better of the two squads.
The View of Liverpool from an American Supporter
BKrimmel

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games