LIVERPOOL VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - Monday 6th feb 2012 - 8pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby jimmy brighton » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:16 am

alwayslfc wrote:Anyone still think we're going to finish 4th? Yes, we're only 4 points behind 4th place Chelsea. But with the resutls we've been having at home and with Newc and Arsenal doing quite well, it's virtually out of the question. 7th place is more likely, 6th if we're lucky enough to topple Newc. Sorry for being so negative.

KD didn't sign any quality players in January and we're now seeing the results. I don't agree with him nor what Commolli said in the summer that the squad and the signings were good enough. Carroll is not worth 35 million. A striker of that price should be one who should be scoring consistently and should have reached at least 14 to 18 goals by now, not the miserable 3 goals. If KD loses his job in the summer, he can put down to the panic buy as one of the chief causes. And Suarez could be off to one of the big 2 in Spain for no CL football.

You make me laugh so much. Oooohh we've just drawn at home to the inform team in the league. Fact is they parked the bus and anyone would have struggled to break that down tonight. An amazing attack of Brazilian flair and they come here and park the bus! So much for their brilliance then. Pah! They knew they were lucky to go home with a point
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:18 am

Thought we played alright tonight , spurs only came for one thing and they got it . A bit of luck infront of goal andwe'd have all three points . Saying that to many times this season though . Thought Carroll had another good game . :censored: service to him still . Roll on the mancs.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:19 am

Ok first game I've seen in a long time, thanks to the 4 a.m. KO!

1. Carroll up front all alone, no support and no one to receive. Waste of time playing a CF role if theres no one to benefit from the supply.
2. Our cross was horrible, so many good runs lets down by a poor cross. Frustrating. hence waste of time having Carroll playing CF.
3. Back 4 very solid, another good game from the reborn Martin (The Sequel).
4. Reina seems to be putting on weight.
5. Spurs contained Bellamy. Suarez is still a timebomb waiting to go off.
6. With a finisher like Torres we would have and should have,  won 2-0.

Good game if you like draws but no chance of a goal from either end.

PS happy to see how clinically Martin sorted out Bale that time..... :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:22 am

jimmy brighton wrote:
alwayslfc wrote:Anyone still think we're going to finish 4th? Yes, we're only 4 points behind 4th place Chelsea. But with the resutls we've been having at home and with Newc and Arsenal doing quite well, it's virtually out of the question. 7th place is more likely, 6th if we're lucky enough to topple Newc. Sorry for being so negative.

KD didn't sign any quality players in January and we're now seeing the results. I don't agree with him nor what Commolli said in the summer that the squad and the signings were good enough. Carroll is not worth 35 million. A striker of that price should be one who should be scoring consistently and should have reached at least 14 to 18 goals by now, not the miserable 3 goals. If KD loses his job in the summer, he can put down to the panic buy as one of the chief causes. And Suarez could be off to one of the big 2 in Spain for no CL football.

You make me laugh so much. Oooohh we've just drawn at home to the inform team in the league. Fact is they parked the bus and anyone would have struggled to break that down tonight. An amazing attack of Brazilian flair and they come here and park the bus! So much for their brilliance then. Pah! They knew they were lucky to go home with a point

at what point will the sweeping under the carpet gonna stop? 8 draws at home... not good enough... this team is not going anywhere anytime soon in the league... A good team will take the numerous opportunities given to close the gap but we are a mediocre team...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:28 am

FFS we didn't play that bad, remember its  a time of transition. Give it time and we will get there. Of should we sack kenny?  In 2 seasons we will be champions. We will believe me
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby kartiek » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:37 am

We had a chance each for Suarez and Carroll from 5 yards out with only the goalkeeper to beat. Andy blasted it into space and Suarez headed it straight into the goalkeeper's grasp. Our strikers are just not clinical enough. I'm sure we'd have been much higher up in the table if only we had a good finisher.
kartiek

Postby killerp » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:03 am

The result is not disappointing if you remember that Spurs are the second best team in England right now. We did not get thrashed, that's good enough for me. Our technically deficient squad is not capable of much more, especially at home in front of the supporters!
killerp

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:20 am

killerp wrote:especially at home in front of the supporters!

Now that's comforting...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:20 am

killerp wrote:The result is not disappointing if you remember that Spurs are the second best team in England right now. We did not get thrashed, that's good enough for me. Our technically deficient squad is not capable of much more, especially at home in front of the supporters!

is that you Roy?  :Oo:
maypaxvobiscum

Postby RedSi35 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:50 am

:censored: me anyone would think we lost last night !
Last edited by RedSi35 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:01 am

Well yes it was disappointing just like most of the other draws at Anfield.Spurs had a clear chance and messed up and we had two clear chances and did the same! I know that Suarez has only just come back but his finishing all season in the Prem has been very average and he has got to start accepting some of the responsibility for these poor results.I am not just blaming Luis but perhaps he is part of the problem rather than the answer to the problem.Spurs were there for the beating last night and once again we failed to finish the job.Thought Carroll had a very good game and possibly my MOTM.He was unlucky not to score.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:19 am

Just read that that w@nker Shrek tweeted that Suarez should have been red-carded for his 'tackle' on Parker. What a big-eared, granny-shaggin' freak....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:59 am

bunglemark2 wrote:Just read that that w@nker Shrek tweeted that Suarez should have been red-carded for his 'tackle' on Parker. What a big-eared, granny-shaggin' freak....

Obviously not happy that one of his team mates only managed to get him banned for eight matches! Is it any wonder that Manchester United are loathed and detested except by their own sh.it awful shower of glory hunting supporters!

Isn't this the same idiot who got himself red carded playing for England for kicking somebody. He really is a thoroughly horrible player and one reason I will be supporting Spain in the Euros!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:35 am

Who listens to Rooney anyways he doesn't know the difference between their and there, he should go back to school and learn some grammar
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:50 am

only me wrote:Looked from the first minute as if it's not going to be our game ,we looked a bit rusty ,not focused ,maybe a bit intimidiated by Spurs. I thought our final pass/kick/cross was just terrible all night long ,our player just can't put a decent cross inside the box.

And with all my love and support for Carrol he should have never started this game ,If kenny considers taking this task of restoring Liverpool to it's glory days he really needs to correct his mistakes. You play your strongest cards, no sentiments and no politics. Suarez can't be benched for either Carrol or Kuyt it's ridicules and not proffessional. Too many times this season Kenny with lates subs and strange pickings.

Now i know we are only 4 from Chelsea but it's really an illusion ,i fear the distance is much bigger then that.

So which should it be......provide consistency by starting with the same 11 each time, or modify the team according to the opponents......from a lot of people on here, it seems like the answer is both and neither at the same time.

I personally don't think that last night highlighted anything more than we already knew before we went into the game. We lack the creativity, speed and spark to open up well organised defenses on a lot of occasions and we are yet to set the world on fire with our goal scoring prowess. Last night was really no exception.

I don't agree that Gerrard is finished, but it is clear that the speed and intensity he has played at for the last 6 - 8 years is a thing of the past and he will only truly thrive if he has some other speed and creativity to play off of. I hope this can be addressed in the summer as we need to start looking to the days where Gerrard will no longer feature. It's happened to Carragher this season and we're all the better for it in my opinion.

As a separate observation, i'm of the opinion that defences up and down the country have improved significantly in the last couple of years. This is why we see teams even coming up from the championship holding their own and challenging the top teams in the premiership. Everything is much tighter, more competitive and consistant than it was even a few years ago and that is highlighting the gap even more than ever. Arguably this team a few seasons ago would be doing a lot better as I think that the draws we're getting at the moment would have been more consistently 3 points. Now that applies for us as well as the other top teams, but the separation between the top 4 - 6 and the rest of the league would be greater than it is today. Everyone is much closer to each other and everyone seems to bundle it into people getting worse. Consider the other option instead, the competition has gotten stronger and it's harder to win points than ever before.

Whilst I retain hope that anything can happen in the next 14 or so games, the more realistic end result is we finish 6th....but so what if we do. We're competing in my opinion better than we were 12 months ago and 12 months on from now will be another story as well. We need to get behind the team and see if we can get them on a run of wins...it can happen and we can find ourselves right in contention again. The pressure is less on us and more on Arsenal and Chelsea....let's keep it that way and not sabbotage ourselves here.

Here's wishing for a comparable run like the one that took us to 2nd place. We have our players back, they're fit, they're fresh......let's have some fun.
Homebooby

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games