TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS LIVERPOOL - August 16th, 16:00 ko (day1)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Red H » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:59 pm

Crouch will rape them in the air.[quote]

Disturbing image :oh:
Red H

Postby TheLad » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:57 pm

Please let's win this game, It's absolutely vital, not just because of the 3 points, it's more a question of self confidence for the boys for the rest of the season, and proving the other teams that we are a threat even when we are full of injured. 2-1 to us. Amen.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:08 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:No matter who plays in defense, Crouch will rape them in the air.

This will not be an easy victory.

which striker will they drop for him thou ? keane or defoe
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:33 pm

Reg wrote:After such an uninspiring pre-season warm up I think we're going to struggle.

1-1 I'm afraid.

F*cking hell Reg, way to get yerself up for the first game of the season.

B0llocks, i'm going for 4-1 to the Reds, Johnson's gonna rape the right hand side, Torres with a brace, Gerrard and Ngog netting the others.

Hmmm, might put a bet on that.......

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby baldricks_cunning_plan » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:42 am

GYBS wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:No matter who plays in defense, Crouch will rape them in the air.

Neither.

It's expected that there'll play all three, with Keane dropping off and linking the play.
baldricks_cunning_plan

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:51 am

baldricks_cunning_plan wrote:
GYBS wrote:

Neither.

It's expected that there'll play all three, with Keane dropping off and linking the play.

Going to be interesting to see how that works out for them.. iv watched them a few times this preseason where they played 2 upfront with Modric and Lennon providing the creativity from the midfield and it seemed to be working fine for them...

if they go 3 upfront they'll almost definitely have to give up on width from midfield and go with a 3man midfield... dont see how that would work for them with Lennon being an important part in that side and possibly the one they relied on to provide the crosses for Crouch...

Think a Crouch-Keane forward partnership with Modric and Lennon in midfield is probably the best way they can go about this , shame though because i think Defoe will almost certainly score the goals when given playing time... didnt save Bent though
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby baldricks_cunning_plan » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:13 am

aCe' wrote:
GYBS wrote:

Neither.

Going to be interesting to see how that works out for them.. iv watched them a few times this preseason where they played 2 upfront with Modric and Lennon providing the creativity from the midfield and it seemed to be working fine for them...

if they go 3 upfront they'll almost definitely have to give up on width from midfield and go with a 3man midfield... dont see how that would work for them with Lennon being an important part in that side and possibly the one they relied on to provide the crosses for Crouch...

Think a Crouch-Keane forward partnership with Modric and Lennon in midfield is probably the best way they can go about this , shame though because i think Defoe will almost certainly score the goals when given playing time... didnt save Bent though

I think they should go two up top as well but Redknapp loves Defoe and Crouch and made Keane captain. So I really can't see how he'd drop them unless he starts rotating them every other week, which is always a bad idea in my eyes.

I reckon they could play all three though with a three man midfield of Modric on the left, Lennon right and Huddlestone spraying the ball from deep. Probably give us more space but our central midfielders are always sat deep as well so possibly wouldn't be able to exploit the space.
baldricks_cunning_plan

Postby Yido_Scout » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:34 am

aCe' wrote:
GYBS wrote:

Neither.

Hi mate , good point about Defoe, Trust you are thinking opposite to us. The way Pavy Played pre-season , i expect he will start alongside defoe. With Keane Behind. Will Look Like this

Palacios

Lennon             Modric       

Keane

Defoe      Crouch/Pavy

Defoe wont be fighting for his spot, we know Harry loves the kid, grown up with him. Crouch will fight Pavy for a spot tho.

Just worried this formation we are going to play will leave us a little loose at back. Different when we had like Davids Left Mid , Or steed Marlbranque , Big lads who can track back and help or full backs , against Gerrards and Torres!

Modric and Lennon are small players so intresting to see how they cope getting back in defense.

Otherwise going foward looks well promosing , hopefully 1 striker will hit 15-20 goals  :Oo:

But on to the truth  :upside:   

I would like spurs to win 1-0 or 2-1

But think Tottenham 1-2 Liverpool  or 1-3  :(
Last edited by Yido_Scout on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yido_Scout

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:30 am

Yido_Scout wrote:
aCe' wrote:
GYBS wrote:

Neither.

Hi mate , good point about Defoe, Trust you are thinking opposite to us. The way Pavy Played pre-season , i expect he will start alongside defoe. With Keane Behind. Will Look Like this

Palacios

Lennon             Modric       

Keane

Defoe      Crouch/Pavy

Defoe wont be fighting for his spot, we know Harry loves the kid, grown up with him. Crouch will fight Pavy for a spot tho.

Just worried this formation we are going to play will leave us a little loose at back. Different when we had like Davids Left Mid , Or steed Marlbranque , Big lads who can track back and help or full backs , against Gerrards and Torres!

Modric and Lennon are small players so intresting to see how they cope getting back in defense.

Otherwise going foward looks well promosing , hopefully 1 striker will hit 15-20 goals  :Oo:

But on to the truth  :upside:   

I would like spurs to win 1-0 or 2-1

But think Tottenham 1-2 Liverpool  or 1-3  :(

hey there... yea just remembered Pavlychenko after you'd mentioned him  :D  Dont think he'll start against us though.. Probably just the standard Keane-Defoe pairing against us then switch back to the Keane-Defoe-Crouch trio in easier games...

if you dont mind by the way can you give us your expected lineup... goalie, defenders, subs and the whole deal... thanks in advance ...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Well, the Echo seems to be full of promising news today...

----

Jamie Carragher set to be fit for Spurs clash - Liverpool FC latest

Aug 12 2009 by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL'S centre-back crisis has eased ahead of Sunday's Premier League opener at Tottenham.

Jamie Carragher is making good progress after twisting his ankle in last Saturday's 2-1 friendly defeat to Atletico Madrid.

Carragher is expected to play at White Hart Lane and the Reds are confident he will have an experienced defender alongside him.

Martin Skrtel has been out since suffering a hamstring injury in the friendly against Thailand on July 2, while Agger has been hampered by a back problem during pre-season.

However, Rafa Benitez is hopeful either Skrtel or Agger will prove their fitness in time to face Spurs.

Carragher's injury left Martin Kelly, Daniel Ayala and Mikel San Jose as the Reds' only fit centre-halves and increased the need to bring in cover.

Benitez was keen on a move for Hull City's Michael Turner but has been weighing up other options after the Tigers asked £11m.

Meanwhile, Liverpool are hopeful Steven Gerrard will be fit for Spurs.

The skipper did not travel with the England squad for tonight's international friendly against Holland in Amsterdam due to a tight groin.

Gerrard returned to Melwood as a precaution yesterday but intensive treatment should allow him to lead the Reds.

"They're all tough games, but if we could get three points from each of the first three games, then that would be us off to a flier and that will be our intention."

Link to Full Article
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:57 pm

Heard that Skrtel has come through a training match ok as well
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:41 pm

GYBS wrote:Heard that Skrtel has come through a training match ok as well

Indeed...

LINK

He looks like he's recovered to me. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby baldricks_cunning_plan » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:47 pm

GYBS wrote:Heard that Skrtel has come through a training match ok as well

And in the same match Lucas got himself another goal.

Lucas for top scorer?  :D
baldricks_cunning_plan

Postby Madmax » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:11 pm

last pic looks like another lay off.. :D
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:40 pm

I can't wait for this match asking for the day off just to watch it. :)
Zidane

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games