Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool -- Champions League Final 1/Ju

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:14 pm

Franky000 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:39 pm wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weec_jzudc8

It still feels pretty surreal......seeing Alberto Moreno with a CL winner’s medal


C'mon haven't you seen Djimi Troare and Lord Igor Biscan receiving their winner medals too?  :D
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
User avatar
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4463
Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 6:07 pm

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:16 pm

Think we should have a minute's silence in memory of Algymoon.

He was last spotted walking towards Mersey Gateway on Saturday night, muttering "German nutcase" to himself  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
User avatar
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 11867
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:04 pm
Location: Here, there, everywhere

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:22 pm

metalhead » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:05 am wrote:Who gives a shit on how we played, finals are one off games and what matters in the end is the result




I guess the "End Result" is indeed all that matters.

BUT, let's fucking face it,

IF ! we had lost it ! (with Spurs statistically dominating the game) every one of you would now be going nuts and banging on about how poor we were.

AND you wouldn't have been wrong.

Of course I'm delighted we won it   :buttrock

That doesn't stop me from wishing , with the whole world watching, we'd shown more of the "flair" football we're capable of.

As the latest mantra say's

"We Are Liverpool !  This Means More"
Image

Image
User avatar
woof woof !
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 20548
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:22 am
Location: Here There and Everywhere

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:24 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:16 pm wrote:Think we should have a minute's silence in memory of Algymoon.

He was last spotted walking towards Mersey Gateway on Saturday night, muttering "German nutcase" to himself  :laugh:


:laugh:   :laugh:   :bowdown
Image

Image
User avatar
woof woof !
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 20548
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:22 am
Location: Here There and Everywhere

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:26 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:22 pm wrote:
metalhead » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:05 am wrote:Who gives a shit on how we played, finals are one off games and what matters in the end is the result




I guess the "End Result" is indeed all that matters.

BUT, let's fucking face it,

IF ! we had lost it ! (with Spurs statistically dominating the game) every one of you would now be going nuts and banging on about how poor we were.

AND you wouldn't have been wrong.

Of course I'm delighted we won it   :buttrock

That doesn't stop me from wishing , with the whole world watching, we'd shown more of the "flair" football we're capable of.

As the latest mantra say's

"We Are Liverpool !  This Means More"


let's face it mate, even if we played so well and lost we would still be going nuts, because fans are always a fickle bunch, so really performance don't matter much in finals. IFs and Buts, etc...

I'm just happy we won it :buttrock
ImageImageImage
User avatar
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 17459
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:15 pm
Location: Milan, Italy

Postby kazza » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:28 pm

After years of playing good football and getting nothing we needed nothing more than the result, just what the doctor ordered. This result will answer the players own doubts and will make the team better from here on. It is our turn and we need to fill trophy room.
User avatar
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4460
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: Third rock from the sun

Postby fivecups » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:40 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:03 pm wrote:You need a new user name fivecups :D


Need a mod to change it for me - for the next year anyway!!  :D  :D

It actually came from 00/01 season when we won our treble and the 2 summer cups, bit of a stretch I'll grant you! Hard to believe that was 18 years ago and our last European Cup was 14 years ago. In fact, I've just had my 15 year Newkit anniversary, need to start a 15 year Club now!  :D
User avatar
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4047
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 12:32 am
Location: Belfast

Postby fivecups » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:44 pm

[quote="[
I think you’re over analysing mate. He just twatted it.[/quote]
Good day yesterday Reg? You going to summarise for us?[/quote]
With pleasure mate, I only got home 3 hours ago and am majorly knackered. Give me 24 hours... so many stories......  :buttrock[/quote]

Looking forward to it Reg!!  :buttrock
User avatar
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4047
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 12:32 am
Location: Belfast

Postby Red Rum » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:04 pm

Poor performance as prev mentioned but hey Klopp just needed to get that trophy under his LFC belt.

Great finish from Origi, was a bag of nerves until that second goal went in, like many, and our keeper earned his wages.

Touching moment after the match, Hendo and his dad.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:22 pm

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:12 pm

fivecups » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:40 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:03 pm wrote:You need a new user name fivecups :D


Need a mod to change it for me - for the next year anyway!!  :D  :D

It actually came from 00/01 season when we won our treble and the 2 summer cups, bit of a stretch I'll grant you! Hard to believe that was 18 years ago and our last European Cup was 14 years ago. In fact, I've just had my 15 year Newkit anniversary, need to start a 15 year Club now!  :D

I arrived in 2004 when I thought Harry Kewell was going to be a huge LFC star  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
User avatar
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 11867
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:04 pm
Location: Here, there, everywhere

Postby redshade » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:30 am

:D
redshade
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 4349
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Postby redshade » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:16 am

'Liverpool to travel to Qatar in December'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11734152

So the world club cup is back on.

I'm happy about this as it is another trohpy we can easily win.
I remember last time we outplayed the opponents and lost.
redshade
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 4349
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Postby laza » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:31 am

redshade » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:16 am wrote:'Liverpool to travel to Qatar in December'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11734152

So the world club cup is back on.

I'm happy about this as it is another trohpy we can easily win.
I remember last time we outplayed the opponents and lost.


Not too bad though bring Qatar , not like old days and a trip to Japan
Forever Red in this life and the next

Image
User avatar
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 8380
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:17 am
Location: The Sharkbait captial of the world

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:29 am

Charity shield vs City
Super Cup vs Chelsea
Fifa World Club Cup (i think it will be a Brazilian team)

All up for grabs. We are bound to win a couple of those. I think we will beat Chelsea they will be weak without Hazard. Also the World Club cup should be fairly straightforward.
Charity Shield vs City will be tricky.

Let the trophies continue......
redshade
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 4349
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:36 am

I'm up for the Super Cup in Istanbul on August 14th v Chelsea. I'll be in Italy so will go over from there.
User avatar
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 12024
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Singapore

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

  • Advertisement
cron
Online Shop Builder Sell online and/or ePOS Till System sell in-store ShopTill-e provides you everything you need... With ShopTill-e you can sell everywhere it's a true Multichannel Retailing system!