tottenham hotspur v LIVERPOOL Sun 6th Nov

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:13 pm

We can't keep hold of the ball, we get it and immediately give it away under pressure. Inviting.. you know what.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:22 pm

FT 1-2. Well done Reds, vital 3 points.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:32 pm

Tough watch at times but huge 3 points, we desperately need a top midfielder in January, our lack of control in the middle of the park was frightening, they overrun us
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:34 pm

Legs were well and truly gone after the 70th minute mark.. its really concerning how burnt out some of the lads are. Thiago became a passenger for most of that time. I watched him closely and he was coasting, not tracking back, not getting involved, he was really suffering. I'm surprised Klopp kept him on over Elliott.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:40 pm

Our first away win in the league this season. Not a stat to be proud of but I'm glad the win finally came, against a top 4 rival at that.

At least it seems we're doing well against the bigger teams, might be a good sign for our CL run. Must start performing against the smaller teams too though, in order to reach top 4.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:30 pm

Good win, Not sure if it was Klopps early days but we seem to do well against the top sides compared to the lower ones back then. Like damjan said it may be a good thing for our UCL journey.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:50 am

Looked impressive for much of the first half. Some phenomenal forward play by Trent. Unfortunately the same could not be said about his defensive duties. He seems to have lost confidence and was lucky not to give away a penalty. Konate and Nunez are both looking decent long term prospects. Great goals by Mo who is looking very good. Hard work in the second half and what we brought on from the bench didn’t inspire confidence.Did well to hang on.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:02 am

As  you said, did well to hand on. We looked like we were back to our best in the first half then back to Jekyll and Hyde in the second half, I’m glad they held strong.

Trent really doesn’t like pacy and skillful left sided players, he seems to always struggle against that type of player. If we play a team like that he needs to be backed up by a more defensive midfielder than Elliot, although I thought he played well. I think more dropped points above us in the next round of games, so if we can beat Southampton at Anfield then we should climb up the table more before the WC break.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:04 pm

Clearly a game of 2 halves that was. Thought we were good in the 1st and did enough to deserve a 2 goal lead. The 2nd half wasn't great but we did enough to hold on which is encouraging given the constant pressure we were under.

MOTM I thought could have went to about 3 of our lads but Mo gets my vote. Plenty of running and was a constant threat. 2 good goals as well. Robbo and Konate also had good games.

We are now leading the chasing pack on 19pts so a win against Southampton is needed. Chavs have Newcastle and Manure have Fulham so it's a good chance to leave us in a better position for when we return.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:05 pm

Good win against a depleted Spurs team, however, the team in the second half did not pass the ball well, just panicked ball clearness which Spurs picked up easily and relaunched attack after attack!

Good luck lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:39 pm

It was like the Alamo at times during that second half, we completely lost control of the game, it was almost as if Spurs had an extra player or something because they always seemed to have a man free in acres of space. Don’t know if that was down to an issue with our formation or players switching off or whatever but if I had a pound for every  time I said “f***ing hell who’s marking/watching  this ****” yesterday I’d be a rich man.
Alls well that ends well I suppose but eff me I or at least my ticker could have done without that last 20 minutes.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:02 pm

We were actually parking the bus that second half, made worse when we went five at the back, never thought I’d see it from a Klopp team. We really need that midfielder this January or this whole thing could unravel. Maybe the World Cup is a good thing for us.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:03 am

kazza » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:02 pm wrote:We were actually parking the bus that second half, made worse when we went five at the back, never thought I’d see it from a Klopp team. We really need that midfielder this January or this whole thing could unravel. Maybe the World Cup is a good thing for us.

With the likes of Alisson (who has got the best part of a decade left in him yet), Trent, Konate, Diaz and the ever improving Nunez we have the makings of another very good side, all 5 are either top class players or soon will be but we need to bring in others to compliment them. 3 or 4 inspired signings and we’ll be back regularly challenging for the biggest prizes in the club game again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games