Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool -- Champions League Final 1/Ju

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:25 pm

We did it..
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:26 pm

Penguins » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:21 pm wrote:What a relief when Origi scored. Was a wreck the entire game yelling at the screen. Couldn't string 3 passes together...

Still don't believe we always have a stinker after the holidays in Marbella?  :no
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:26 pm

Rubbish game, but on the basis of the campaign and the year as a whole a great win.

I hate saying "deserve" when talking about football because it doesn't really exist. But, Liverpool deserve their win tonight.

YNWA    :buttrock
tonyeh

Postby Franky000 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:35 pm

What a relief to finally get that monkey off our backs  :buttrock  some of you really are miserable old gits who need to cheer the bloody hell up. Over the course of the season we’ve deserved to finish with some silverwear. And don’t forget the luck it took to get here in the first place, especially against Napoli. There have been quite a few poor performances en route to the final, but we still got the job done. ONLY THE RESULT MATTERS. And now that the pressure is off, MORE TROPHIES WILL FOLLOW.

Btw, Alison is my man of the match...worth every penny. Klopp was also very shrewd with his subs. Normally he would have waited an extra 20 mins to bring origi on. Also the tactics were spot on, if a bit dull, but we forget that spurs are very effective on the counter attack, so we needed to exercise a lil temperance!

Really chuffed for Mane and especially Salah among others, who finally have something to show for working their ***** off for the last few seasons.
Franky000

Postby fivecups » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:53 pm

Franky000 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:35 pm wrote:What a relief to finally get that monkey off our backs  :buttrock  some of you really are miserable old gits who need to cheer the bloody hell up. Over the course of the season we’ve deserved to finish with some silverwear. And don’t forget the luck it took to get here in the first place, especially against Napoli. There have been quite a few poor performances en route to the final, but we still got the job done. ONLY THE RESULT MATTERS. And now that the pressure is off, MORE TROPHIES WILL FOLLOW.

Btw, Alison is my man of the match...worth every penny. Klopp was also very shrewd with his subs. Normally he would have waited an extra 20 mins to bring origi on. Also the tactics were spot on, if a bit dull, but we forget that spurs are very effective on the counter attack, so we needed to exercise a lil temperance!

Really chuffed for Mane and especially Salah among others, who finally have something to show for working their ***** off for the last few seasons.

Awesome post mate! Says it all really!  :buttrock  :buttrock
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:01 pm

Superb, I know we are obsessed with the league title at this club but to the rest of football the trophy we have just won is the big one.
It wasn't a great performance but truth be told neither was 78 against Bruges, 81 against Real or 84 against Rome, okay we probably played a bit better in those games than we did tonight but they weren't great performances by any means. Once you get to this stage it's all about winning which is what the lads did tonight.
Liverpool football club champions of Europe.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:03 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:01 pm wrote:Superb, I know we are obsessed with the league title at this club but to the rest of football the trophy we have just won is the big one.
It wasn't a great performance but truth be told neither was 78 against Bruges, 81 against Real or 84 against Rome, okay we probably played a bit better in those games than we did tonight but they weren't great performances by any means. Once you get to this stage it's all about winning which is what the lads did tonight.
Liverpool football club champions of Europe.

That's fair enough mate, but to be fair we were pretty muck tonight. Which was a big surprise.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:15 pm

Who cares how we played. We've won game after game playing exactly like this for the entire season, it's just how we roll now. I could understand the negativity for playing like this a few months ago, but not right after we've won the f*cking Champions League! And I don't agree we played badly. We got a bit lucky, sure, but that's hardly our fault now is it. We were also the better team overall IMO.

And it's like some of you are forgetting how we got here. This might have been a slow game, but didn't we get here by beating Barcelona 4-0 after losing 3-0 at their pitch?

Obviously the title in 2005 will be everyone's favorite, but winning this one was just as miraculous.

Get in number six  :buttrock
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:37 pm

Here, Fivecups..... only five cups, Fivecups?
Time you had a name change, lad!
Yeeeoooow!!!!!
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby laza » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:18 am

Franky000 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:35 am wrote:What a relief to finally get that monkey off our backs  :buttrock  some of you really are miserable old gits who need to cheer the bloody hell up. Over the course of the season we’ve deserved to finish with some silverwear. And don’t forget the luck it took to get here in the first place, especially against Napoli. There have been quite a few poor performances en route to the final, but we still got the job done. ONLY THE RESULT MATTERS. And now that the pressure is off, MORE TROPHIES WILL FOLLOW.

Well bloody said.......Number 6 is ours and will be a foundation stone for a new glorious era

Echoes in eternity  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:20 am

Not one for the DVD collection but an absolutely brilliant win  :buttrock  Number fooking 6  :buttrock

Well done Liverpool  :bowdown
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:39 am

:buttrock
Complaining about performance? Who cares? We just won the biggest trophy a european football club could win.  :buttrock

And if we had a Sh*t performance, what does that say about tottenham. All we could do is beat what's in front of us! Only we won the CL. Barca couldnt, City couldn't, Real nor Milan nor Bayern couldnt!

Time for celebration, not for bitchin...

Well done Klopp and the team. You deserved after so many close calks and disappointments! :buttrock
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:05 am

We. Are. European.  Champions.

Let that sink in...

:buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:46 am

Soupyzrx » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:37 pm wrote:Here, Fivecups..... only five cups, Fivecups?
Time you had a name change, lad!
Yeeeoooow!!!!!

Good point!  :D need to talk to Chris, Supersub or Woof!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:48 am

We've won it 6 times!!!!!!!!

Buzzing...........
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games