TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS LIVERPOOL - August 16th, 16:00 ko (day1)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby GYBS » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:38 pm

McGrath never used to train at all - just used to do the odd run to keep fit- As for king it says a lot for the rest of the cbs when he walks straight into the team as he is head and shoulders above them
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:41 pm

In fairness if king had been able to remain anything like fit throughout his career, he would have been a World Class centre back back IMHO. I remember four or five years ago shouting from the rooftops on here that we should sign him and build our defence around him. Course it proved to be an absolutely ridiculous suggestion as he hasn't been able to walk around ASDA without the aid of crutches since (I think I might have jinxed him come to think of it), but it doesn't alter the fact that he was/is a superb player.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:44 pm

No doubt and would of snapped him up as he would of been ten times better than Ferdinand etc if he had been fully fit.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:11 pm

GYBS wrote:No doubt and would of snapped him up as he would of been ten times better than Ferdinand etc if he had been fully fit.

I've told you millions of times not to exaggurate GYBS, but he'd certainly be top drawer I agree with that.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:49 am

bigmick wrote:
GYBS wrote:No doubt and would of snapped him up as he would of been ten times better than Ferdinand etc if he had been fully fit.

I've told you millions of times not to exaggurate GYBS, but he'd certainly be top drawer I agree with that.

:D
JoeTerp

Postby GYBS » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:22 pm

bigmick wrote:

Not exagerating mate - think King is a far better defender than Ferdinand and if given choice would take King
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:44 pm

Come on GYBS.. Yes I will agree to a certain extent that King could have been better than Ferdinand if he hadn't had so many injury setbacks but to say "think King is a far better defender then Ferdinand and given choice would take King" is just silly.

Are you actually saying that you would take King over Ferdinand if given the choice of either one on a free?
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:12 pm

we all dream... wrote:Come on GYBS.. Yes I will agree to a certain extent that King could have been better than Ferdinand if he hadn't had so many injury setbacks but to say "think King is a far better defender then Ferdinand and given choice would take King" is just silly.

Are you actually saying that you would take King over Ferdinand if given the choice of either one on a free?

You could be here a while mate, if I were you I'd make yourself a cheese sarnie and a coffee.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:21 pm

if king hadnt of had his injuries problems then yes i would take king everyday , think ferdinand is overrated and rate king higher just shame about his injuries
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:27 pm

A "far better defender" GYBS ???
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:33 pm

GYBS wrote:if king hadnt of had his injuries problems then yes i would take king everyday , think ferdinand is overrated and rate king higher just shame about his injuries. Glad you 'kind of' retracted the statement that you would take King over Ferdinand, full stop.

Yeah I agree that King could have be right up their alongside Ferdinand if he hadn't had such bad luck with injuries. Not sure whether Ferdinand's overrated, I think his transfer fees and international caps give a good indication of how good he is.

:)
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:38 pm

yes mick thats exactly what i said and is my opinion
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:42 pm

Listen I hate Ferdinand with a stanley knife :D but to say King is better is a joke, never thought I would hear fans eulogizing over a player who is marginally fitter than Degan  ???
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:07 pm

GYBS wrote:if king hadnt of had his injuries problems then yes i would take king everyday , think ferdinand is overrated and rate king higher just shame about his injuries

For once i have to agree with GYBS , if king had not had his injury problems he'd be up there with at least in top 3 best center backs at the moment , fantastic player , shame bout his injury problems
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:17 pm

Dont think King was ever going to be better than Ferdinand.. injuries or not.... Hes a very good defender... solid and can actually play football and not just defend.. Ferdinand though, to me, is the best CB in the world today... his awareness and reading of the game are almost unmatched, and hes excellent and bringing the ball out from the back...

King better than Terry if he hadnt had all the injuries ? maybe, id even say probably...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games