Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool -- Champions League Final 1/Ju

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:17 am

What an amazing cameo role Divock has played this season, first the derby, then Newcastle, then Barca and now this.
His goal last night was incredibly important because those last 10 minutes (5 minutes normal time + 5 minutes injury time) would have been absolutely unbearable with only one goal separating the sides.
If they would have scored in those final stages I'm not sure we would have had the ability to go again, to lead from practically the first minute only to concede in the last would have been a crushing blow, especially given what happened in the final last year.
Mentally it would have been very difficult for us to come back from that, thankfully because of Divock we didn't have to.
It shuts up anyone trying to make a big deal out of the pen as well
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:51 am

Oh what a night !!! Knackered but what a night - whinging about the performance get a grip

In Madrid we Won it 6 times !!!!!!!!

Allez allez
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:11 am

Both sides were poor on the night, the 3 week break obviously didn't help, Madrid in June isnt really the place for a game of high tempo football either.
We were probably second best on the night but United were completely played off the park by Bayern in 99 and were second best themselves against Chelsea in Moscow when they won on pens but do you think any of their fans give a shyte  about that?
It wasn't that long ago that conceding 50 goals a season was an annual occurance for us, now we comfortably defended a 1-0 lead for nearly 90 minutes in a major final without breaking sweat.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:19 am

WOW!!!! We won it 6 times!!!
Not much football but who gives a fck right? Early pen probably killed the game as we had a lead to protect...3 weeks off was showing on both teams...Allison MOTM ,our defensive 4 just superb ,the rest probably bit missing but who cares? :) ,and of course the best striker in the world Origi :D ,save many lives yesterday..saved mine for sure as i was about to die.

Klopp got the subs on time and was on top of the game i was so happy for him personally getting the finals curse off his back...travelling fans got a fully deserved reward.
What a dream of an ending to an amazing season!
YNWA!
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:52 am

fivecups » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:53 pm wrote:
Franky000 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:35 pm wrote:What a relief to finally get that monkey off our backs  :buttrock  some of you really are miserable old gits who need to cheer the bloody hell up. Over the course of the season we’ve deserved to finish with some silverwear. And don’t forget the luck it took to get here in the first place, especially against Napoli. There have been quite a few poor performances en route to the final, but we still got the job done. ONLY THE RESULT MATTERS. And now that the pressure is off, MORE TROPHIES WILL FOLLOW.

Btw, Alison is my man of the match...worth every penny. Klopp was also very shrewd with his subs. Normally he would have waited an extra 20 mins to bring origi on. Also the tactics were spot on, if a bit dull, but we forget that spurs are very effective on the counter attack, so we needed to exercise a lil temperance!

Really chuffed for Mane and especially Salah among others, who finally have something to show for working their ***** off for the last few seasons.

Awesome post mate! Says it all really!  :buttrock  :buttrock

Excellent post Franky !! Yakka has been on one all season. Before the Porto game he said that he wouldn’t be bothered if we lost so that we could concentrate on the league !! Well thank fk Klopp had different ideas !!

Fantastic result !! The owners, the management team, the players and Jurgen Klopp thoroughly deserved to get some silver this season and by god did they get some !! Not really bothered about the quality we played enough football at Anfield against Barcelona to last me a lifetime !!
Last edited by devaney on Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:57 am

kazza » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:12 pm wrote:I’ll go for a nervy 2-0 win, this is a different team now and they’ll bring it home.

:buttrock  :buttrock  :cool:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:23 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:11 am wrote:Both sides were poor on the night, the 3 week break obviously didn't help, Madrid in June isnt really the place for a game of high tempo football either.
We were probably second best on the night but United were completely played off the park by Bayern in 99 and were second best themselves against Chelsea in Moscow when they won on pens but do you think any of their fans give a shyte  about that?
It wasn't that long ago that conceding 50 goals a season was an annual occurance for us, now we comfortably defended a 1-0 lead for nearly 90 minutes in a major final without breaking sweat.

This, I’ll also add by scoring in the first minute meant we could sit back and that is what we did, like it or not, it was on Spurs to do something and they couldn’t. A not match fit Firmino did not help also, maybe Origi would have put more pressure on their defenders. All in all we are now European CHAMPIONS and no one could say we did not deserve it. A lesson to the classless Man shitty on how to celebrate becoming champions, we sing our own songs! Form is temporary, class is permanent!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:59 am

f*ck yes!
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:18 am

In a week's time no one will remember the performance but our 6th Big Ears are recorded in history. Pep would have slice your hands off to land that trophy with similar performance. Not a great performance all night but I thought we were in full control of the game. Yeah Bobby and Gini had a stinker, Hendo and Fabinho did all the unseen dirty job in making sure Spurs attack are moped up and broken down before it gets to their front men and Virgil, Robbo, Trent and Alisson make sure Spurs hardly get any sniff. In the end, quality shone through and we are just a bit more experienced and a step better than Spurs in the game. Spurs were game but unfortunately it might be hard to see them coming this far again especially if Pochettino and Eriksen leave the club
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:26 am

Santa » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:18 am wrote:In a week's time no one will remember the performance but our 6th Big Ears are recorded in history. Pep would have slice your hands off to land that trophy with similar performance. Not a great performance all night but I thought we were in full control of the game. Yeah Bobby and Gini had a stinker, Hendo and Fabinho did all the unseen dirty job in making sure Spurs attack are moped up and broken down before it gets to their front men and Virgil, Robbo, Trent and Alisson make sure Spurs hardly get any sniff. In the end, quality shone through and we are just a bit more experienced and a step better than Spurs in the game. Spurs were game but unfortunately it might be hard to see them coming this far again especially if Pochettino and Eriksen leave the club

Think it was a mature performance TBH. We didn't need to risk anything after we went 1-0 up and I think the players knew they could soak up the pressure and wait for their chances on the counter.

Bobby wasn't match fit and struggled, which dented our attacking play. Salah didn't look sharp either....but the mighty Divock stepped up when needed  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:29 pm

devaney » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:52 am wrote:
Excellent post Franky !! Yakka has been on one all season. Before the Porto game he said that he wouldn’t be bothered if we lost so that we could concentrate on the league !! Well thank fk Klopp had different ideas !!

Fantastic result !! The owners, the management team, the players and Jurgen Klopp thoroughly deserved to get some silver this season and by god did they get some !! Not really bothered about the quality we played enough football at Anfield against Barcelona to last me a lifetime !!

Yes I admit the league is the one I really want, I date back to the Shankly bread and butter days. To be fair to this group of players they very nearly won it. For a club of our size and stature to not win the title for 30 years though is actually an embaressment, I remember I used to laugh my head off at United not winning it for 26 years! Back in the day I would never have believed that we could go so long without winning it.
None of that is down to Jurgen though, he hasn't been here 30 years in fact he hasn't even been here 4 yet, his 4th anniversary isn't until October/November. In 3 and a half years he has taken us to a League Cup final, a Europa League final, 2 CL finals and a second place finish in the league with our second best points total ever. Considering he's competing in the petro-dollar era I think he's already joined the pantheon of our greatest managers ever.
Contrary to popular belief greatness at this club isn't just about what you win, Billy Liddell is one of the greatest figures in this clubs 127 year history yet he won one league title and spent a lot of his career here in the second division, true greatness comes from not what you win but from what you do with the cards you were dealt, that's why Rafa is a true legend of this club and why imo Jurgen joins him even though he is only 3 and a half years in to his reign.
Given the cards he was dealt (i.e the wealth and power of the teams he is competing against, the fact he lost the player he openly said he was going to build his team around etc) i honestly think no one could have done more.
Whilst a haul of 6 CL titles is a magnificent achievement only bettered by 2 clubs (and one of those clubs won half their CL titles in the late 50's/early 60's when the tournament was invite only etc) mathematically speaking 6 isnt a large number.
Even at a club like this European Cup wins are still pretty rare, that's why what Jurgen did last night was pretty special.
Anyway I'm off to Queens Drive soon to welcome the lads back, speak to you lads later.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:33 pm

It's great Klopp got this monkey off his back by winning the big one. Now hopefully we can kick on now and win the league next season.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:28 pm

Awful game.....Awesome Result. We are becoming a ruthless side who can even win the champions league on our worst day. I like that.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Championes!! Championes!! Ole, Ole, Ole  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:54 pm

Great post Yakka.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)