Crystal Palace V Liverpool  - EPL - Sunday March 6th 1.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:45 pm

redshade » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:43 pm wrote:Nice to get 3 points. Also sweet that united lost aswel. Makes one think had we couple of wins more on the table how different things could've been.

Had Sunderland fully suspended Adam Johnson or sacked him earlier (like the media are suggesting) we would be 2 points better off straight away
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:51 pm

C-R » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:37 pm wrote:Your welcome Yakka, happy to be one of the lads and help the community

:buttrock
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:54 pm

C-R » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:45 pm wrote:
redshade » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:43 pm wrote:Nice to get 3 points. Also sweet that united lost aswel. Makes one think had we couple of wins more on the table how different things could've been.

Had Sunderland fully suspended Adam Johnson or sacked him earlier (like the media are suggesting) we would be 2 points better off straight away

JK talked about the anger we should play with he should be angry at himself for not playing our best lineups and for anticipating different results from the same players...We were lucky today..Great result but he has yet to find the right combination of "angery" yet effective players.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:03 pm

Just been looking at the fixtures City have got left and their run in doesn't look too bad unfortunately  :(
Same with Arsenal as well.  :no
Then again the likes of Watford and West Ham are just as likely to trip them up as a Chelsea or Spurs so we are not out of it yet.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:10 am

Unbelievable! we get some luck for once but our mediocre performance hardly deserved it!

I reckon we'll look back in 2-3 years and be amazed how poor the current squad really is. What the BH was Rodgers doing....?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:25 am

Have to say that it feels nice waking up this morning (well a few hours back) to a hard thought victory, our 3rd EPL win on the trot and the scum lose to WBA  :buttrock

No EPL matches for 2 weeks now, just the double header with the scum, can't wait  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:20 pm

Its 3 points in the bag but we were poor again  :nod It took over an hour to even register a shot on target and that was a half hit shot with no power straight down the middle into the keepers hands  :down:
We then got a massive slice of luck with the equalizer and then the officials were kind enough to give us a pen so we could claim the 3 points. The contact on benteke was minimal and I don't like to see our players dropping like a bag of rocks. Not every foul inside the box has to be a penalty and I can remember a time where we used to see indirect free kicks. I think it was a harsh decision to give a pen and Pardew has every right to be annoyed.

Milner is not a dirty player but those 2 yellows he picked up were because he has lost a lot of pace. Imo he's past it and should be moved out in the summer as there isn't any difference between him and Henderson. He has been a total disappointment since he signed.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:06 pm

Alan Pardew asked to explain his post match Liverpool comments to FA  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

A precedent set in the past when then Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers was fined £8,000 and warned of his future behaviour after questioning the appointment of referee Lee Mason from the Greater Manchester area for Liverpool’s match against Manchester City in 2014.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:42 pm

Go to disagree with you RTID. I agree there was minimal contact but in fairness to big Ben given the speed he was moving at it wasn't going to take a lot to knock him off the ball and that is what happened. Yes he made the best of it and I would have been fkg annoyed if he hadn't because if he had tryed to stay on his feet a goal scoring opportunity would most certainly have been lost !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:43 pm

devaney » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:42 pm wrote:Go to disagree with you RTID. I agree there was minimal contact but in fairness to big Ben given the speed he was moving at it wasn't going to take a lot to knock him off the ball and that is what happened. Yes he made the best of it and I would have been fkg annoyed if he hadn't because if he had tryed to stay on his feet a goal scoring opportunity would most certainly have been lost !!

Benteke could have easily made more of the situation if he wanted to, after seeing Delaney dive in a lot of forwards would have been dangling a leg out to the side to make sure there was contact but to be fair to Christian he didn't try to initiate or exaggerate any contact, he just ran straight.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:51 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:43 pm wrote:
devaney » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:42 pm wrote:Go to disagree with you RTID. I agree there was minimal contact but in fairness to big Ben given the speed he was moving at it wasn't going to take a lot to knock him off the ball and that is what happened. Yes he made the best of it and I would have been fkg annoyed if he hadn't because if he had tryed to stay on his feet a goal scoring opportunity would most certainly have been lost !!

Benteke could have easily made more of the situation if he wanted to, after seeing Delaney dive in a lot of forwards would have been dangling a leg out to the side to make sure there was contact but to be fair to Christian he didn't try to initiate or exaggerate any contact, he just ran straight.

Yakka has it 100% spot on, Carra & Henry after watching video were in full agreement it was a penalty, newspaper photo's also show the same

We have been on the end of these type in incidents many times, just enjoy it
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:39 pm

devaney » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:42 pm wrote:Go to disagree with you RTID. I agree there was minimal contact but in fairness to big Ben given the speed he was moving at it wasn't going to take a lot to knock him off the ball and that is what happened. Yes he made the best of it and I would have been fkg annoyed if he hadn't because if he had tryed to stay on his feet a goal scoring opportunity would most certainly have been lost !!

Sorry lads, Not for me  :no

I dunno but maybe his final touch was a bit heavy and he was about to run it over the line  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games